THE EFL HEARING THREAD

EFL not even got the balls to name drop us in there statement 

IF we’re guilty I find it very very unlikely the IDP will wanna see us relegated for it 

3 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Let’s hope Fulham beat Wigan then and we beat Boro. Might end up helping us if we do get -12 this season. Way a stupid statement from the EFL though. Basically telling us nothing we didn’t know. 

As has been said it is a statement to cover their own back and take the pressure off them when they are being asked questions of but as you say it answers nothing. 

If the season concludes without our case being concluded, as now seems likely, why should any points deduction then be backdated to this season, anymore than it should be backdated to the previous season, given when the matter being contested relates to an accounting period that ended 2 years ago.

Just now, S36 OWL said:

I'd rather take the 21pt deduction this season and go down rather than prolong the agony  knowing we will be relegated next season. 

Doubt it be -21 even if guilty ,  when’s the IDP ever upheld the EFL’s maximum punishment ? Haven’t the EFL appealed every verdict they’ve ever made ?

Guest Theboylangers

If we appeal and lose the appeal, can we appeal again or is that our last appeal against the final appeal? 

I'm sure someone on here will know.

lol

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

As has been said it is a statement to cover their own back and take the pressure off them when they are being asked questions of but as you say it answers nothing. 

If the season concludes without our case being concluded, as now seems likely, why should any points deduction then be backdated to this season, anymore than it should be backdated to the previous season, given when the matter being contested relates to an accounting period that ended 2 years ago.

Imo as soon as the last ball Is kicked in the championship on Wednesday night that should be the cut off for any point deductions. Sounds like the EFL are just passing the blame to the panel. 

• Haha 1

Just now, S36 OWL said:

I'd rather take the 21pt deduction this season and go down rather than prolong the agony  knowing we will be relegated next season. 

Yeah, but it might not be 21 points...it could be 12...it could be 6...we may not get charged with anything. 

And no, I'd rather be in the Championship next season. From a financial point of view, it would be much better than stuck in League One. Might be wrong, but I think the sh*t is likely to hit the fan with League One/Two if fans aren't allowed back into grounds ASAP. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Its another can of worms .

Just now, Royal_D said:

Doubt it be -21 even if guilty ,  when’s the IDP ever upheld the EFL’s maximum punishment ? Haven’t the EFL appealed every verdict they’ve ever made ?

Pretty much. Wouldn't be so sure of Wigan's point deduction standing either.

7 minutes ago, S1Owl said:

anything is a better incentive for players n fans than a season in league 1 

All depends on if monk can recruit players that have some fight about them. If he goes into the season with this dross then we are already down . 

On 18/07/2020 at 13:14, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

"If little old Barnsley and its supporters have to lead the way to clean up English football then we’ll do it by any means necessary. If that has to be litigation, so be it."

Yes, because what football really needs right now is for more lawyers to be brought in.

Jesus, what an embarrassing quote.

That's just him saying it wasn't my fault for doing a bad job it's the EFLs.