THE EFL HEARING THREAD

1 minute ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

The verdict from the independent hearing will fall on our side, you watch!

We’ll be fighting fit for next season, get ready, onwards!

Stay calm.....lad.

I sincerely hope your right, trust me I'd be the happiest owl alive I just can't see how we are going to walk out of this one. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

I sincerely hope your right, trust me I'd be the happiest owl alive I just can't see how we are going to walk out of this one. 

If we are not guilty of gross misconduct we will be fine. If we are guilty my gut feeling is we would have known by now, unless they 

are still reviewing the evidence that our top lawyer has presented. It was never ever clear cut.

35 minutes ago, mrbluesky said:

*Taps table...I`m waiting, Daveyboy ;-)

Ten years ago clubs like Chelsea were signing youngsters on first team wages... a lot who never made it because they thought they'd done enough as footballers. Their U21 team of which Hutchinson was one were on more money than some Championship first team players. That's what Monk was alluding to aswell as him coming through the leagues with Swansea. 

As to our Academy players coming through it's only under DC that we've pushed them. The ones under Jos were tried but didnt make it at the time because they weren't ready . Penney, Hunt, Uroghide might be the ones that do. 

Edited by daveyboy66
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Big Jack said:

If we are not guilty of gross misconduct we will be fine. If we are guilty my gut feeling is we would have known by now, unless they 

are still reviewing the evidence that our top lawyer has presented. It was never ever clear cut.

We may get off we might not.

The problem is in 2 weeks our figures for the 2018/19 season 31st July 2019 accounts, need to be filed with Companies House, if we get off now we cannot make more than a £20.8m loss after P&S allowable deductions or we are once again in trouble. The case currently without the sale of the stadium would have meant a £35m loss, do you think the 18/19 season figures were £15m better than the 17/18 figures.

I hope we get off but it is delaying what will eventually happen.

If we delay filing the figures as I fully expect will be the case, then the EFL will prevent us from signing players (placed under an embargo) until we do, so we start the summer rebuilding under Monk unable to sign any players.

• Haha 1

Just guessing as most of us are but the likelihood of a 12 points deduction with just two games to go is highly unlikely? Also if this was to happen DC would more than likely chuck the entire kitchen sink at Parry and the EFL and understandably so?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, room0035 said:

We may get off we might not.

The problem is in 2 weeks our figures for the 2018/19 season 31st July 2019 accounts, need to be filed with Companies House, if we get off now we cannot make more than a £20.8m loss after P&S allowable deductions or we are once again in trouble. The case currently without the sale of the stadium would have meant a £35m loss, do you think the 18/19 season figures were £15m better than the 17/18 figures.

I hope we get off but it is delaying what will eventually happen.

If we delay filing the figures as I fully expect will be the case, then the EFL will prevent us from signing players (placed under an embargo) until we do, so we start the summer rebuilding under Monk unable to sign any players.

Yet we’re already trying to sign a young player from Man City? The noises coming from Monk and the club seem to suggest business as usual at the moment?

• Like 1

Guest mrbluesky
7 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Ten years ago clubs like Chelsea were signing youngsters on first team wages... a lot who never made it because they thought they'd done enough as footballers. Their U21 team of which Hutchinson was one were on more money than some Championship first team players. That's what Monk was alluding to aswell as him coming through the leagues with Swansea. 

As to our Academy players coming through it's only under DC that we've pushed them. The ones under Jos were tried but didnt make it at the time because they weren't ready . Penney, Hunt, Uroghide might be the ones that do. 

It`s more prevalent now, than it was then!, so a strange reply, if I`m honest, but I`ll bow to your superior knowledge ;-)

Let me spell it out for you, this has nothing to do with Monk bringing youth through and more to do with DC messing up, he is 100% pushing this, not Monk, Monk is doing what he`s told  

I`ll quote you Chansiri " You can not get promoted without spending money" (that worked well)

Monk`s quote “There’s young players who have been rewarded without even playing a first team game… They’ll have a contract that a first team player will have, or that a lower league player has worked seven years for.”

Can you not see the irony here?

So to sum up, we can`t spend, as we will  be under an umbongo, DC knows this, so he`s told Monk, "you`ll have to develop the kids" he did this with Jos, btw and it backfired, has DC learned form this mistake?:laugh:

What sort of environment is that, to develop  kids?

Have a look at the two you have mentioned, nowhere near first team `ready` but yet chucked in

And guess what they`ll fade away, because, they didn`t have a cat in hell`s chance to develop 

6 minutes ago, Jim said:

Yet we’re already trying to sign a young player from Man City? The noises coming from Monk and the club seem to suggest business as usual at the moment?

I read yesterday he has an offer from 3 championship teams and a 4 year deal to stay at City but is wanting to break into first team football so may be looking to move than stay at city.

1 minute ago, Jim said:

Just guessing as most of us are but the likelihood of a 12 points deduction with just two games to go is highly unlikely? Also if this was to happen DC would more than likely chuck the entire kitchen sink at Parry and the EFL and understandably so?

I understand the thought process here but don’t fully agree. 

Arguably, if you’re gonna get a point deduction, it doesn’t matter when it happens as long as it’s before the season ends. Whatever points you have at the time is irrelevant. 

If the argument is ‘well if we have 10 games left we can do summat about it’ doesn’t sit with me. Arguably the players (not just our current bunch) wouldn’t be up for that battle anyway, having been ok then suddenly dropped into relegation spot. 

Wigan are different. They’ve been shafted by their owner and the management / players / fans are furious and they’ll fight. 

• Like 1