THE EFL HEARING THREAD

Guest mrbluesky
1 hour ago, Plonk said:

I still think his outing of hutch Westwood and FF and his Christmas outburst about getting rid of the players is a good indicator of his personality / management style. 

Its that attitude that destroyed the morale morale and has led to the post Christmas collapse in my opinion. 

A more even even handed approach might have kept morale at a better level and achieved reasonable results, and we wouldn’t be in this mess. 

Even without a points deduction the form and style of football post christmas Christmas has been horrendous, and THAT is his fault, and my biggest issue with him.

Good post, and I think it wouldn`t be far off the mark, man management comes in all different guises, from the outside looking in, he`s ruffled a few feathers and it`s kinda back fired, not that I disagree with addressing said issues, it`s that it seems to be a legacy from several managers that he`s (Monk)  had to deal with, it may well be he`s the fall guy to clear the decks,then for someone else to come in and have a proper fresh start.  

That said, Chansiri is a loyal guy and we may end up in this mess again, if it continues, the quicker Chansiri learns there`s no loyalty in football, the better the chance he has of turning this sh itshow around

4 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

True, the sh.!t show on the pitch has got everything to do with him though.    Fraud of a “manager”.

As I've said previously you cannot expect a manager to come in and do the job without his own management team and own players and expect immediate results

We cannot continue on the roundabout of hiring and firing managers at the drop of a hat. That over the last 20 years has got us nowhere. We need to give a manager at least 2 or 3 transfer windows to mould his own side, playing his way. If that fails then fair enough, the flack fired at Monk would be totally justified

Someone had to come into the dressing room and change the mentality of the players who have been part of the loosing culture since before Carlos. If that meant getting rid of fans favourites for the greater good of the club then so be it. Yes we have had short term pain whilst this has all been worked through, but now the supposed disruptive influences in the dressing room have all now gone and we can see the start of a little bit more team spirit in the camp

I agree the performances since the restart have been a little hit and miss but this is purely because the squad of players we are left with is a mixture of the ones we can't get rid of, kids and loans. Monk is trying to play a new way for the team, which over time and with the right players, is probably the way to get the best out of the players who remain

The problem with a lot of fans is that they want things yesterday and are reluctant to give a manager time to build a team and a winning mentality. That doesn't happen overnight

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

As I've said previously you cannot expect a manager to come in and do the job without his own management team and own players and expect immediate results

We cannot continue on the roundabout of hiring and firing managers at the drop of a hat. That over the last 20 years has got us nowhere. We need to give a manager at least 2 or 3 transfer windows to mould his own side, playing his way. If that fails then fair enough, the flack fired at Monk would be totally justified

Someone had to come into the dressing room and change the mentality of the players who have been part of the loosing culture since before Carlos. If that meant getting rid of fans favourites for the greater good of the club then so be it. Yes we have had short term pain whilst this has all been worked through, but now the supposed disruptive influences in the dressing room have all now gone and we can see the start of a little bit more team spirit in the camp

I agree the performances since the restart have been a little hit and miss but this is purely because the squad of players we are left with is a mixture of the ones we can't get rid of, kids and loans. Monk is trying to play a new way for the team, which over time and with the right players, is probably the way to get the best out of the players who remain

The problem with a lot of fans is that they want things yesterday and are reluctant to give a manager time to build a team and a winning mentality. That doesn't happen overnight

I started supporting the Owls in 1960. We ended the season as runners up to Spurs. 

I've been waiting ever since.

That's a bit longer than overnight.

Lots of fans in a similar situation.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, vulva said:

There’s just something about Monk. Can’t put my finger on it. Just can’t warm to the chap. Dave Jones and Irvine were the same. 

Agreed.  I can't watch his interviews.  I genuinely wish it wasn't the case.  I support him in the job nonetheless.

3 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

I agree, if I gave him a tenner to fetch some fish n chips he’d come back with a half eaten bag o scraps and claim he got mugged.

Thing is if the fans can’t take to him can you the blame the players. Particularly the ones who worked under Carlos and allegedly loved him. 

1 minute ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Well there’s 420 pages so far bet we hit a 1000 after the verdict , wonder which topic has the record ? 

The striker from rotherham we tried to sign and I can’t remember his bloody name

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, vulva said:

There’s just something about Monk. Can’t put my finger on it. Just can’t warm to the chap. Dave Jones and Irvine were the same. 

The Wife's Grandad always used to say, "never trust a bloke whose eyes are too close together" he was usually reyt.

lol

1 hour ago, owls-swfc said:

Nick De Marco's new watch today - is set at ten past eight.... 

First of all, the watch has a tachymeter - a device for measuring speed and distance.  Whatever is about to happen is about to happen quickly.

Most importantly, it's a quartz watch.  Quartz is used because of frequency, and the ability to transfer that frequency down to one second to keep excellent time.  The frequency is a high number but for mathematicians, it's simply 2 to the power of 15.  

Summary: 15 points deduction, today.

We've lost

Guest mrbluesky
46 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Well there’s 420 pages so far bet we hit a 1000 after the verdict , wonder which topic has the record

Do you do a turn?

4 minutes ago, Manwë said:

First of all, the watch has a tachymeter - a device for measuring speed and distance.  Whatever is about to happen is about to happen quickly.

Most importantly, it's a quartz watch.  Quartz is used because of frequency, and the ability to transfer that frequency down to one second to keep excellent time.  The frequency is a high number but for mathematicians, it's simply 2 to the power of 15.  

Summary: 15 points deduction, today.

We've lost

Well, who can argue with that rationalelol