THE EFL HEARING THREAD

57 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Didn’t you know our owner is skint ? I know this for a fact because 2 or 3 people told me on here 

If he is so loaded then why has he sold the ground to himself at a price of 60m, chosen to pay said 60m in instalments and prior to our hearing hadn't made one payment.

Does that not strike you as a bit odd.

Guest mrbluesky
1 hour ago, daveyboy66 said:

So you didn't know that it's been like like for the last 10 years...I wish I was as knowledgeable as you

1 hour ago, mrbluesky said:

"It`s been like that for the last 10 years"...care to share?:blink:

30 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

I'm sure Monk realised that given the number of academy players we've had on the bench recently. And, he did really well when he came on the other night...that will have upset a few on here lol

8 minutes ago, mrbluesky said:

It`s not actually what I`m saying, I`m alluding to us signing inexperienced kids, who aren`t going through the normal avenues of going out on loan or dipping in and out of the first team, why are we doing this? my educated guess is they`ll be seeing first team action due to our impending umbongo, and for want of repeating myself, this could well ruin them, not develop them, we are signing them for all the wrong reasons, again in my opinion.

Remember the "Jos era", where`s the kids from then? 

*Taps table...I`m waiting, Daveyboy ;-)

2 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

If he is so loaded then why has he sold the ground to himself at a price of 60m, chosen to pay said 60m in instalments and prior to our hearing hadn't made one payment.

Did you want him to raise money by selling the ground to someone else?

Wouldn't you pay in instalments if you could, not exactly paying interest on the balance is he

Not heard he hasn't paid any money yet, do you know the terms of the loan?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, the third man said:

Wouldn't you pay in instalments if you could, not exactly paying interest on the balance is he

Its going to take him 8 years to pay 60m, if he was so loaded that would be pocket money for him surely.

8 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

I don’t know what your trying to prove,  £60m is probably a top end figure that’s come from wherever or whoever’s valued it or advised him what he could pay for it,  how on earth does committing to £60m show that he’s skint ?  Instalments are par for the course in any kind of deal on that scale , maybe it’s to balance the accounts out over a set period I genuinely don’t know 

If your suggesting he’s not made an instalment because he’s ‘skint’ that’s just guesswork isn’t it,  you get a daily update on accounts do you ?  Maybe he’s waiting for Rick Parry and the boys to actually say he’s allowed to do it

9 minutes ago, the third man said:

In answer to the last part of post, this is from the Star dated 3/12/19.

I couldn't link it but I've copied the past about the funds.

What is the issue?

As well as the timing of the stadium sale, there is an issue over the transaction.

"In normal circumstances - it’s the same as with a house - you don’t get the property until you pay for it," Maguire told The Star. "What we’ve seen though with Sheffield Wednesday is that although they sold the property to Mr Chansiri’s other company, no money changed hands and Sheffield Wednesday have in their accounts a debt of £60m owing from this other company.

"That debt is repayable in seven instalments of £7.5m over an eight-year period. That is very unusual for a property transaction. You’ve got to ask - is this a genuine sale of a property, or has it been undertaken purely to improve Wednesday’s accounts for the purpose of FFP?

Any other issues?

The valuation of the stadium itself.

“Given that Reading sold their stadium for £27m and West Ham sold theirs for £40m, it does seem unusual for Sheffield Wednesday's stadium to be sold for £60m,” said Maguire. “The geographical location would suggest that it's not in a property area which is significantly higher than London or the home counties.

9 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Its going to take him 8 years to pay 60m, if he was so loaded that would be pocket money for him surely.

Even if it's pocket money, why on earth would you pay £60m in one go if you can pay it over a longer period, the money can be working for him elsewhere. Simple business practice.

Edited by Spookone
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

“Maguire told the Star..”

Stopped reading there.

Good for you lad, I on the other hand choose to be worried about the current events but you know what I really can't be bothered to argue anymore.

Edited by Blue and white
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

In answer to the last part of post, this is from the Star dated 3/12/19.

I couldn't link it but I've copied the past about the funds.

What is the issue?

As well as the timing of the stadium sale, there is an issue over the transaction.

"In normal circumstances - it’s the same as with a house - you don’t get the property until you pay for it," Maguire told The Star. "What we’ve seen though with Sheffield Wednesday is that although they sold the property to Mr Chansiri’s other company, no money changed hands and Sheffield Wednesday have in their accounts a debt of £60m owing from this other company.

"That debt is repayable in seven instalments of £7.5m over an eight-year period. That is very unusual for a property transaction. You’ve got to ask - is this a genuine sale of a property, or has it been undertaken purely to improve Wednesday’s accounts for the purpose of FFP?

Any other issues?

The valuation of the stadium itself.

“Given that Reading sold their stadium for £27m and West Ham sold theirs for £40m, it does seem unusual for Sheffield Wednesday's stadium to be sold for £60m,” said Maguire. “The geographical location would suggest that it's not in a property area which is significantly higher than London or the home counties.

Whenever anyone starts drawing comparisons with normal businesses and Football I rarely carry on reading

Especially if it’s an article written by Maguire