THE EFL HEARING THREAD

22 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

So now he IS responsible for handing out contracts even though his apologists have spent the last year saying he isn’t. So whose decision was it to resign pelepussy. 

• Love 1

The monk problem is two fold? First he had to try change the dressing room culture at this club? The same set of players been here for 3/4 seasons and have failed to deliver? The squad needs an overall it all became too stale? But so far he has been given the money or back room staff to do his job how he wanted to do it? Can he do it? Who knows? But wot I will say I’ve always been told to use the best tools available for the job and to me he should have waited till season finished to tell said players their time is up? After all they would not told monk they got other deals lined up would they? But my biggest worry is that monk or any other manager that comes here at min won’t be able to get his own players cus someone else the signings 

16 minutes ago, Plonk said:

So now he IS responsible for handing out contracts even though his apologists have spent the last year saying he isn’t. So whose decision was it to resign pelepussy. 

Love how that's the ONLY thing you took from that interview

Almost like you have some kind of anti-monk agenda going on

lol

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

10 minutes ago, Mick70 said:

The monk problem is two fold? First he had to try change the dressing room culture at this club? The same set of players been here for 3/4 seasons and have failed to deliver? The squad needs an overall it all became too stale? But so far he has been given the money or back room staff to do his job how he wanted to do it? Can he do it? Who knows? But wot I will say I’ve always been told to use the best tools available for the job and to me he should have waited till season finished to tell said players their time is up? After all they would not told monk they got other deals lined up would they? But my biggest worry is that monk or any other manager that comes here at min won’t be able to get his own players cus someone else the signings 

When a player gets into the last year if his contract and club have made no contact with him about a fresh one everyone knows what's going to happen so monk came in this really in a difficult time

15 minutes ago, Mick70 said:

I've wondered that but surmised that the contract dictated when they are informed.

11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Love how that's the ONLY thing you took from that interview

Almost like you have some kind of anti-monk agenda going on

lol

I took it as it was a lot more general the here at SWFC - talks about lower / upper leagues, and the appetite for some being "gifted" not being as much as for some who are completely passionate about playing the game.

The "ELITE" players will have have that hunger and their attitude to everything about the game will follow that same trend - shame that can't be said as you go further down the pyramid..

Edited by Hedwig

1 minute ago, Westfield Owl said:

Just a few years ago, Monk was getting paid thousands per week to sit on Swansea’s bench when they were in the Premier League, at the back end of his playing days.

Pot, kettle..

Don't think you quite understand what Monk said in that interview mate

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

Just a few years ago, Monk was getting paid thousands per week to sit on Swansea’s bench when they were in the Premier League, at the back end of his playing days.

Pot, kettle..

Not comparable with young lads who've not made an appearance on professional contracts.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Don't think you quite understand what Monk said in that interview mate

The subtext of what he is saying is that there is too much money in the game at all levels, players are given stupid amounts of money before they have even achieved anything and wages are unsustainable.

He’s totally right of course.

But he’s financially benefitted from that gravy train as both a player and a manager.

The subtext of what he is saying is that there is too much money in the game at all levels, players are given stupid amounts of money before they have even achieved anything and wages are unsustainable.

But he’s financially benefitted from that gravy train as both a player and a manager.

Again you miss the point completely of what he was actually saying (in order to get a monk attack in)

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

Guest hirstysfags
6 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

Once he'd been in the game a good while I'd imagine. Not as a 16 year old with two appearances in the League Cup. 

9 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

He came through the leagues with them...I despair sometimes

• Like 3