THE EFL HEARING THREAD

53 minutes ago, sten said:

Just heard that we're about to be given a 12 point deduction with a 9 point deduction suspended until next season.

Pigsmad forum? 

Guest LondonOwl313

I’ve not read this thread, so apologies if it’s already been mentioned. But I don’t really understand the timescales. I seem to remember that when Birmingham had  their points deducted there was something about it needed to be applied by the end of March otherwise it would have to apply the following season. Games wise, that’s usually when there’s about 6 games left, which obviously now we have fewer than that left.

So if we’re found guilty and get punished then surely it will be applied next season now given timeframes. We’ve heard nothing and the season finishes in 11 days time. 

It seems unfair to apply it once the season is complete, it seems like the ballpark points deduction is in the 9-12 points region. In our case that will potentially mean we’re automatically relegated, which is unfair, or it will mean that we drop from say 14th to 20th and be completely meaningless if we finish clear of the relegation zone by a wider distance.

When Wigan have had their deduction the EFL stated it will be applied this season if they finish outside the bottom 3, or next season if they finished inside it. The point being that it’s a punishment and that if they were relegated anyway it’s meaningless. By the same token, if we’re 15 points clear come the end of the season I can’t see why they’d apply it this season.

Then you’d have all of the other teams kicking off wanting it to be applied ASAP. It’s all a bit of a mess and there’s no transparency on what the rules are or when we can expect something 

3 minutes ago, Furious George said:

Absolutely! So next time you read anything from an inside source online, it's people like me generating that news story.

Enjoy!

Fair play to you, there a plenty of people who waste everybody else's time trying to wind people up, but not many who admit it. A modern day Jeremy Beadle.

57 minutes ago, sten said:

Just heard that we're about to be given a 12 point deduction with a 9 point deduction suspended until next season.

But @kevtheowl said we'd won the case and that lawyer dude had gone for a walk in the park. 

Or something like that. I'm feckin confused.

Please make it stop. 

• Haha 1

I know somebody else has already said this today but it isn't the EFL that decides the punishment. The punishment is decided by the Independant Disciplinary Panel within the guidelines set by the EFL's disciplinary process.

7 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Fair play to you, there a plenty of people who waste everybody else's time trying to wind people up, but not many who admit it. A modern day Jeremy Beadle.

Thank you. 

I'd shake you by the hand with my shrivelled little knuckles if I could. 

Edited by Furious George
  • Haha 1

Just now, Swiss Toni said:

Any chance if we are found not guilty that they can give us a points addition? Enough to finish min 6th will be lovely thanks.

I’m sure if you start the rumour and put it on twatter, I’ll give it 15 minutes before an iTKer puts it back on here in a new thread.

• Thanks 1

Accuracy of people's statements here makes a huge difference, if it is assine have suggested 9 and 6 is that a 9 point suspension with a further 6 points next season OR 9 points with 6 of them suspended until the end of next season and only applied if further transgressions occur. All in all potentially 12 points difference in possible punishments.

15 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

I read it to mean 3pts off now and 9pts off next season.

We can hardly break the rules next season with 60 million smackeroonies looking for a good home.

Well if that was the case, I can imagine the team that finishes 3rd bottom will kick off big style!

56 minutes ago, doubleo said:

Can anyone tell me ? - IF we are found guilty of including the ground sale in the wrong years accounts (and given  a points deduction), does that mean that the monies from the sale are then included in the following years accounts (which would according to the EFL case, be the correct year )? Without doing the maths I assume that would give us some wriggle room regarding finances. A win win for Wednesday !

I was thinking the same.  We’re 10 pts clear so maybe we’d be ok with 9 pt deduction (assuming we pick up a few more pts and Wigan lose 12). With a Covid year and not looking over our shoulder at previous years this might actually be a good result for us.