THE EFL HEARING THREAD

3 minutes ago, Suzuki_San said:

I read that earlier and if you click the link, it's a story from the 5th!  😂

Who knows when it's happening.

It says 8th July on the page I go to.

But you are right in so far as, fizz knows...

I'm fairly relaxed about this. I think we've a strong case for a start, but even if it goes the other way  causes the EFL equal concern. 

Any points deduction will be appealed by DC, even more so if it threatens our status in the championship. With the quick turnaround from the end of this season until the start of next, limited time to conclude the inevitable appeal without causing mass uncertainty in the leagues.

That's not to mention the other plates EFL are spinning, pending and current charges, hearings and the financial timebomb about to go off for many, many clubs facing more months without any revenue. 

Even if the EFL weren't as

incompetent and clueless as they are, the current state of football would be stretching their resources. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Sheff74 said:

The EFL have used this bloke , certainly in the past, if not on our case. He got Brum docked the points and has won numerous cases, so not too shabby either. 😓

https://www.blackstonechambers.com/barristers/james-segan/

He seems to have a 20 year olds face but the hair of a 50 year old.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, HighworthOwl said:

If Villa and Bournemouth go down will they find themselves in court or have there cases already been resolved? 

Didn't Bournemouth get a fine of about 38p which they paid over 5 years. They got done under the old rules like QPR I believe.  Villa could be in trouble.  They'll get a smack on the wrist and pay a fine from parachute payments.

• Thanks 1

Just not bothered...

16 minutes ago, Sheff74 said:

It says 8th July on the page I go to.

But you are right in so far as, fizz knows...

Oh sorry, I meant the link in the news story where it says 'The EFL are poised...' goes to an old story from the 5th. The Examiner being a little Sheffield Star clickbaity!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, striker said:

I'm fairly relaxed about this. I think we've a strong case for a start, but even if it goes the other way  causes the EFL equal concern. 

Any points deduction will be appealed by DC, even more so if it threatens our status in the championship. With the quick turnaround from the end of this season until the start of next, limited time to conclude the inevitable appeal without causing mass uncertainty in the leagues.

That's not to mention the other plates EFL are spinning, pending and current charges, hearings and the financial timebomb about to go off for many, many clubs facing more months without any revenue. 

Even if the EFL weren't as

incompetent and clueless as they are, the current state of football would be stretching their resources. 

Unless it's already gone to appeal?

5 minutes ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

No, disciplinary commissions don’t preside over appeals. Disciplinary appeals are heard by a League Arbitration Panel

Didn't the League Arbitration panel throw the misconduct charges out beforehand?

I wonder if the very popular Nick De Marco on Twitter has yet realised that 99.9% of his Twitter followers are Wednesdayites? Going to be devastating after this hearing is over to find out the only active followers he has left belong to the Women’s Institute Baking Club.

• Haha 7

7 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

I wonder if the very popular Nick De Marco on Twitter has yet realised that 99.9% of his Twitter followers are Wednesdayites? Going to be devastating after this hearing is over to find out the only active followers he has left belong to the Women’s Institute Baking Club.

Why do you think the announcement has been delayed lol

• Haha 1