THE EFL HEARING THREAD

On 25/06/2020 at 17:02, Westfield Owl said:

Good job that crowds aren’t allowed in stadiums at the moment then.  Since our nasty fans aren’t there, there’s no excuse why we shouldn’t be expecting a great run of form until the end of the season then, right?

P.S. I never boo the team and yep, the crowd getting on Dawson’s back in 2018 didn’t help anyone.

On 26/06/2020 at 12:22, bigthinrob said:

Quite possibly might be an issue that works to our advantage.

As for "nasty fans". Same as last post, grow up, smell the coffee. We aren't perfect, stop being so defensive & acknowledge it.

Your prediction that having no fans in the stadium was going to work to our advantage is turning out to be a great call.

Do keep telling us what an awful set of fans we have though and that we should all “acknowledge it”

lol

1 minute ago, Westfield Owl said:

Your prediction that having no fans in the stadium was going to work to our advantage is turning out to be a great call.

Do keep telling us what an awful set of fans we have though and that we should all “acknowledge it”

lol

It's not that funny when you look at the actual real FACTS tho

• Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

36 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Alan Biggs hinting we are getting a 10-12 point deduction. We are done and will be a league one team next season. 

Another clown who thinks it’s clever to be cryptic and put misleading headlines out to gain a few followers  because he knows as much as rest of us 

1 hour ago, KivoOwl said:

There'll be no shitstorm.

We'll be deducted 9 points, or 12, or whatever.

Instantaneously, there'll be a statement on the club website decrying how ridiculous the decision is.

We've put in an appeal.

End up getting relegated.

Appeal drags on. Fixtures for new season come out.

Appeal rejected.

Appeal to Court of Arbitration for Sport. No players signing because we don't know what division we're in.

Appeal rejected.

Appeal to Court for Human Rights and so on and blah blah blah.

Appeal rejected.

Teetering on the brink of League 2 before accepting we've f**cked up.

Christ good job im not stood on the end of a bridge reading that because that is as depressing as it gets.

22 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It's not that funny when you look at the actual real FACTS tho

I agree that it’s not funny that we’ve been mostly poor for the majority of the last 25 years.

It’s quite frustrating really.

I just don’t subscribe to the bizarre theory that our long-suffering fans are in any way to blame for this.

The fact that there are no fans in any stadia currently, yet we still continue to average less than a point per game show up this theory for what it is, total b*llocks.

Edited by Westfield Owl
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Westfield Owl said:

I agree that it’s not funny that we’ve been mostly poor for the majority of the last 25 years.

It’s quite frustrating really.

I just don’t subscribe to the bizarre theory that our long-suffering fans are in any way to blame for this.

The fact that their are no fans in any stadia currently yet we still average less than a point per game show up this theory for what it is, total b*llocks.

What do you think causes the problem that as a club we have struggled to play at home since relegation from the Premier League?

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, KivoOwl said:

There'll be no shitstorm.

We'll be deducted 9 points, or 12, or whatever.

Instantaneously, there'll be a statement on the club website decrying how ridiculous the decision is.

We've put in an appeal.

End up getting relegated.

Appeal drags on. Fixtures for new season come out.

Appeal rejected.

Appeal to Court of Arbitration for Sport. No players signing because we don't know what division we're in.

Appeal rejected.

Appeal to Court for Human Rights and so on and blah blah blah.

Appeal rejected.

Teetering on the brink of League 2 before accepting we've f**cked up.

That’s not really how it could work is it 

Nice dramatisation though 

Guest The Horse
27 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

What do you think causes the problem that as a club we have struggled to play at home since relegation from the Premier League?

It's not the fans.
It's been a combo of poor players, managers and bad decsion making at boardroom level.
We're no different to any other set of supporters.
Look at the dark side of the city.. When Wilder took over they were bottom of League One and getting absolute venom from the fans. Serious abuse.
What changed there to turn their fortunes?
It certainly wasn't a change in fan attitude.

Our problem is that since the Prem, amongst the poorer players & managers, we've actually had some great players, middling managers but no real stability at boardroom level.
If we had a combo of Strafford's enthusiam, Milan's savvy and Chansiri's money, we'd be in a much better place.
Can't we get them all to team up??!!

Edited by The Horse
Tired. Can't spell.

2 hours ago, REDOWL said:

Perhaps the worst Chairman /Owner in the entire history of our beloved SWFC. A man that has destroyed the club from top to to bottom . The sooner Chansiri gets out of  OUR club the better and let's move on.

DC has been a disaster, but no owner/ chairman will ever be as bad as that cretin Dave Allen. 

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Away managers have openly stated they try to frustrate our crowd so we get on the teams back.

In a word - highexpectations 

Please god let it be today 

Get some clarity ASAP - it’s bad enough watching this club crumble on the park, tell us our fate and then let’s get after those running the club

Im sick of this radio silence - we a fanbase should be calling for heads to roll now

4 hours ago, heppers said:

Away managers have openly stated they try to frustrate our crowd so we get on the teams back.

In a word - highexpectations 

Every manager says that about every team frustrate the home fans or keep them quiet for the first 15 minutes etc. I dont think Wednesday fans are any worse than others in that respect. I went to a Blackburn game when then Venkys took over and the fans that boxing day were poisonous and as bad if not worse than at Hillsborough.  I've been to Old Trafford last year where the moans and grumbles were almost exactly the same against the players.

The problem at Wednesday is the recruitment has been terrible for years bar a few couple of gems.  There hasn't been many players with the character to play at a big club or under pressure of expectation.  They all join the club saying we are massive etc., say we should be Premier League then crumble under the expectation and then some how the fans get blamed.

Recent history we haven't cashed in on players when they have been at their highest value and then smartly reinvested it.

Chansiri's lack of acumen  when it comes to football, business and the fans is where the club really falls flat on it face and if it lacks it at the top that will just roll down.

Blaming fans is an easy way out and in the grand scheme of things have such a limited impact on the performance and score (no fans in the stadium now) I find it bizarre that the ones that often show blind loyalty and throw money hand after fist are blamed because of ineptness at the club from.the players to management to the board.

• Like 5

Guest mkowl
23 minutes ago, Grandad said:

If we have won the case today would be a great day to announce it

We all need some good news

If we lost the case before the weekend though - jeez 

I can't see where the next point is coming from anyway but a points deduction would make that a certainty. 

8 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Alan Biggs hinting we are getting a 10-12 point deduction. We are done and will be a league one team next season. 

Although it reads that way, I can’t see Biggs knowing any more than anyone else. If it had been decided it would have been leaked.

I take it that he means we need points to cushion us in the event of a deduction.

• Like 1