THE EFL HEARING THREAD

20 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

Of course we could but we could find someone a lot worse who doesn't invest and loans against the club.

Loans against the club?

Chansiri has sold the bloody ground - some would argue that’s far worse

oh and please - I know he’s sold it to a company he runs. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

55 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Bang on.

Nobody will convince me that Wolves were a better long term prospect than Wednesday when they were bought and just look at how their takeover has paid off.

Well that's because you have the blue and white tinted specs

Wolves had better training and youth facilities, lower overheads on stadium upkeep and had posted a profit for two consecutive years prior to them being bought. A far more stable platform to build upon than Sheffield Wednesday. And that's not to say we weren't stable either... yes we had yearly losses, but so do 95% of clubs, and the amount being lost per year was at "managable" levels.

• Like 1

Just now, StudentOwl said:

Wolves had better training and youth facilities, lower overheads on stadium upkeep and had posted a profit for two consecutive years prior to them being bought. A far more stable platform to build upon than Sheffield Wednesday. And that's not to say we weren't stable either... yes we had yearly losses, but so do 95% of clubs, and the amount being lost per year was at "managable" levels.

When the first take over of Wolves happened they had a ground that only had 2 sides but Jack Hayward bankrolled the club and built their stadium as it is now.

As a club they have been in the PL more than we have hence why they are more attractive presently and we have had no investment in infrastructure for the past 30 years or so

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I do

Repeatedly

The black balloon campaign got crucified online by people saying that we should keep Dave because nobody else would come, nobody would buy us, nobody would put money in like Dave did etc etc

It was all over the place

On here maybe but not in the real world. I remember (albeit vaguely) one strong takeover rumour by a guy with previous links to Everton, it gathered pace and Allen announced a press conference (we were in Amsterdam at the time on a pre-season tour) the presser was on the Friday afternoon and Allen came out and made the big announcement that the rumours were false, which totally knocked everyone in the 'Dam for six.

5 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

How is it worse than loaning against the club? 

A loan can be repaid. 

Chansiri can sell the club and keep the ground - or sell the ground to someone else. 

Basically we (the club) lose control over what happens to our home. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

A loan can be repaid. 

Chansiri can sell the club and keep the ground - or sell the ground to someone else. 

Or he could gift it back.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

If it can be proved that the sale was agreed before then end of the previous tax year its fine despite no money changing hands at that stage.

Thats the way I see it and I believe the club have the evidence to that effect. There are also issues re time delay of land registration but that has to do with the Land Register Service , who I know from experience are very slow to sort the paperwork out.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

A loan can be repaid. 

Mr Chansiri always had that option before he bought the stadium which he already owned. 🤨

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

FFP breach would have been 12 points I think without the ground sale 

I’m glad you’ve raised this. Some people wax lyrical about DC being a genius and finding a loophole. Let’s have it right he’d already created a total mess for us in terms of FFP and stumbled on a potential loophole. It wasn’t like it was ever a grand plan all along. It’s a disgrace that he ever got us in this position in the first place. And to the point that he’s had to sell the ground. Total and utter mismanagement which is unforgivable 

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

I said over the long term.

We are a bigger club, with a bigger fan base than Wolves.

There is more long term potential at Wednesday.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TrickyTrev said:

25 years ago you would have said that we were better prospects then Chelsea and Man City to take over. Times change. We have been going one way for that 25 years and they have gone in the other.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

I'm not looking to turn this away from the original thread, but what do you base that theory on 

6 minutes ago, Big Jack said:

Thats the way I see it and I believe the club have the evidence to that effect. There are also issues re time delay of land registration but that has to do with the Land Register Service , who I know from experience are very slow to sort the paperwork out.

Selling it to a body that didnt exist at the time he was trying to backdate it to...

4 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

No there isn't. Ignore the takeover, Wolves are a far bigger and better-invested in club than Sheffield Wednesday for the last two decades... and thanks to their takeover, even in a worst-case scenario for Wolves that will still be true in another decade. 30 years relatively speaking being run much worse than Wolves and acting like a much smaller club than Wolves. Is 30 years enough time to concede possession in the "big club" stakes? Probably. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

I just don’t see how (if we are found guilty) having the man that put us in that position is best for the club. 

I know where you are coming from, just don't see any alternative. If I had 100m spare I would not risk it on us and i support the club. Really don't know why anyone buys clubs in this age unless you are worth billions or lower league level.

1 hour ago, billyblack said:

Nobody had heard of DC before, had you? 

No, but didn't he pay 35m? Now it would be nearer 100m? Totally different level of wealth required, just question if we would be a good investment for anyone at the moment.