THE EFL HEARING THREAD

3 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

But we have broken the rules/law of the EFL if found guilty, but you don’t think it would be sinister as you say? Lying about when the ground was sold etc. Could it be a case of if we are found guilty HMRC will then look in to it? 

HMRC would have been all over the club if we were in breach of FS regulations and tax law. Think back to when MM bought us and his first act was to go to the High Court. The accounts have been ratified by an independent auditor and have been signed off by HMRC so why would they look into a transaction that has already been ratified?

The case relates to the EFL RULES (I say again not the law) the EFL have no remit in matters of the law but the case is around rules of the competition 

Guest paulvcooke
14 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

We got a new chairman though didn't we?

Ps - you should read up on when MM was trying to sell us and what really went off - it's an interesting story to say the least

Like nearly being sold to the Odessa gangsters? There was a book about it wasn't there?

Just now, pat blondeau said:

We only have 14 players contracted to the club beyond next week as it stands. 

And Iorfa is the only one of that 14 I could see another club paying a fee for in the current market 

Well that's your opinion and we are all entitled to one. There will be suitors for lots of players both from our club and others

4 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

HMRC would have been all over the club if we were in breach of FS regulations and tax law. Think back to when MM bought us and his first act was to go to the High Court. The accounts have been ratified by an independent auditor and have been signed off by HMRC so why would they look into a transaction that has already been ratified?

The case relates to the EFL RULES (I say again not the law) the EFL have no remit in matters of the law but the case is around rules of the competition 

Thanks for the explanation. Can I just ask you one thing. If we are found guilty who would you be blaming? 

Edited by WalthamOwl

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Again total fearmongering and deference

The absolute 100% FACT is that fearmongering is posted like this about every single chairman we have had in recent history

The absolute 100% FACT is that in every single instance a new chairman has come along

And it could be argued that most changes have actually improved the club

It's not fear mongering at all, I even pointed out that he won't walk away.  My point is that it won't be that easy to find buyer especially when the club has sanctions against it. 

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

It's not fear mongering at all, I even pointed out that he won't walk away.  My point is that it won't be that easy to find buyer especially when the club has sanctions against it. 

Sanctions mean that the club is priced lower and seen as more of an opportunity.

I think some people are of the belief that people only want to invest in a top 6 side that's flying

That's just not the case

Basket case clubs are the ones where most opportunity to make a profit can be found

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

As stated, any club can find a buyer. It just might not be the one you would want. Which is why we should be wary of wanted Chansiri gone.

• Like 1

Can anyone explain what penalty we have avoided (so far) by selling the ground?  Would we have been back in embargo, subject to a points deduction or possibly both?  Just trying to understand how we have benefited to date by our questionable accounting treatment of the sale.

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Sanctions mean that the club is priced lower and seen as more of an opportunity.

I think some people are of the belief that people only want to invest in a top 6 side that's flying

That's just not the case

Basket case clubs are the ones where most opportunity to make a profit can be found

I admire your confidence 

Just now, @owlstalk said:

That's just not the case

I am glad I'm not in business with you Neil:duntmatter:.

The basket case clubs have to have a basis for progression and I agree that due to our fan base etc we are potentially an attractive proposition but to whom?

Just now, soldierboyblue said:

The basket case clubs have to have a basis for progression and I agree that due to our fan base etc we are potentially an attractive proposition but to whom?

When Milan was here he was courted by a number of suitors mate.

He nearly sold us to a couple of them

Someone always comes along - it's always happened - every single time without fail

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, soldierboyblue said:

Of course we could but we could find someone a lot worse who doesn't invest and loans against the club.

But we could find someone better who wants to run the club in a more sustainable way, and have better relationships with fans, and not hoard players

etc etc etc

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop