THE EFL HEARING THREAD

5 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

Lets not forget the misconduct charges against everyone were dropped as well.

And amid all the hysteria this gets forgotten. How the individual charges being dropped can not be seen as a big swing in our favour, I don’t understand? If all this talk of wrongdoing is true, how on earth didn’t the individual charges remain?

1 minute ago, Jim said:

And amid all the hysteria this gets forgotten. How the individual charges being dropped can not be seen as a big swing in our favour, I don’t understand? If all this talk of wrongdoing is true, how on earth didn’t the individual charges remain?

The two things are totally different things

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

how do you feel about DC selling the ground to himself because we where in such a mess with FFP because of decisions DC has made. You think it’s a positive thing we no longer own the ground? 

I see it as a business transaction that he used to meet the P&S requirements nothing else. I see nothing sinister in this.

MM loaned millions against the ground but I didn't see the vitriol coming his way when in effect the bank owned the ground

Just now, soldierboyblue said:

I see it as a business transaction that he used to meet the P&S requirements nothing else. I see nothing sinister in this.

MM loaned millions against the ground but I didn't see the vitriol coming his way when in effect the bank owned the ground

Milan's PR was exceptional

He knew exactly how to play the crowd

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, soldierboyblue said:

putting it in the wrong years accounts would be nothing sinister? 

Edited by WalthamOwl

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

We got a new chairman though didn't we?

Ps - you should read up on when MM was trying to sell us and what really went off - it's an interesting story to say the least

I bet it was. MM was one of the biggest blaggards in EFL and PL history but we tend to forget that

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

putting it in the wrong years accounts would be nothing sinister? 

Lets be very very very very very clear here - WE HAVE BROKEN NO LAW! WE HAVE BROKEN NO LAW.

Otherwise HMRC would be all over us a bit like when Rangers were put out of business by HMRC.

12 minutes ago, trev said:

Things are different now.

FFP makes certain clubs much more attractive than others. If some rich bloke is looking for the riches of the prem they will buy a club who can spend. So a club which has it's accounts in order and are not already losing 20 million a year.

So not us.

And our playing squad is worth virtually nothing. Probably only Iorfa on our books we could get a fee for 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

Lets be very very very very very clear here - WE HAVE BROKEN NO LAW! WE HAVE BROKEN NO LAW.

Otherwise HMRC would be all over us a bit like when Rangers were put out of business by HMRC.

But we have broken the rules/law of the EFL if found guilty, but you don’t think it would be sinister as you say? Lying about when the ground was sold etc. Could it be a case of if we are found guilty HMRC will then look in to it? 

Edited by WalthamOwl

Except for the EFL ones.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Exactly

It's one of my bugbears when people say if he walks away the club is screwed

It literally cannot possibly happen, has never happened, and in the entire history of our club it's literally never happened and never will

I'll listen to anyone talking about the chairman stopping investment, refusing to put money in, loaning money against the club etc and happy to read that

But can't ever bear to read someone post 'if this chairman just walks away we're screwed'

I can't accept people posting that because it's just fearmongering nonsense

The club has never had investors etc, banging on the door, if he (confident he won't) walks away, it could be sometime before anyone took the plunge.

The last couple of times it's been available to buy we had to wait till we nearly went bust and then tread water until DC stepped forward. No one in the local area seemed bothered nor indeed anyone in the UK. If DC hadn't stepped forward then we could have still been treading water.

It's about time Owlstalk plunged its massive resources in to the club. 🙂  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

The club has never had investors etc, banging on the door, if he (confident he won't) walks away, it could be sometime before anyone took the plunge.

The last couple of times it's been available to buy we had to wait till we nearly went bust and then tread water until DC stepped forward. No one in the local area seemed bothered nor indeed anyone in the UK. If DC hadn't stepped forward then we could have still been treading water.

Again total fearmongering and deference

The absolute 100% FACT is that fearmongering is posted like this about every single chairman we have had in recent history

The absolute 100% FACT is that in every single instance a new chairman has come along

And it could be argued that most changes have actually improved the club

• Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

Our playing squad is worth what people are willing to pay. Which in some cases is not a lot

We only have 14 players contracted to the club beyond next week as it stands. 

And Iorfa is the only one of that 14 I could see another club paying a fee for in the current market