THE EFL HEARING THREAD

16 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I don't think the rival clubs have pushed for it to be brought forward? Where did you read that?

Barnsley have been noisy about it for a while 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/rumours-imminent-decision-over-sheffield-wednesday-points-deduction-says-barnsley-ceo-2880967%3famp

Guest Ronson
8 minutes ago, Cheshowl said:

Statements like that indicate the meeting/hearing is just about delivering a sentence and not delivering  an impartial verdict. Does the dingle not understand the difference? 

i.e, verdict first, sentence second.

Edited by Ronson

They are expecting the submission of evidence to take two or three days. Then the panel have to reflect on it, go through the small print and there will have been a large number of documents submitted. These decisions don't tend to be rushed.

Kieran Maguire 

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, soldierboyblue said:

I agree however if Wolves come back down they are going to get shafted same as Villa, Bournemouth etc. QPR got away with a points deduction and a big fine. The others won't

Football really needs at least one of the "big clubs" to get into financial difficulties and get relegated.

With more clubs like Wolves getting promoted on the back of huge investors and competing with the top outfits, clubs like Arsenal are feeling the competition. This is reflected in the league positions currently.

Imagine the s/storm in the halls of power a few years from now if the Gunners were the first of these so-called "big clubs" to end up in the Championship? That would be the first proper steps to franchise footy... no more promotion or relegation from the top tier.

• Like 1

Does anybody know why out of all documents submitted today one of ours was deemed inadmissible, 

due to time constraints? I mean does any one in normal life wonder at how they work?

Just hope it's not a crucial part of evidence.

Edited by daleblue

17 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

It's a tricky one

If they let us off with a smack on the wrist then ultimately nobody's got hurt at all and things could just go back to business as usual

But if they do let us off it will leave the door wide open for other clubs to try doing what we've been accused of and more mess later down the line

Which is why we will get smacked hard.

At the end of the day we have found a hole in the EFLs model and they have now realised it could open this door to everyone to stick two fingers up at their incompetence

3 minutes ago, daleblue said:

Does anybody know why out of all documents submitted today one of ours was deemed inadmissible, 

due to time constraints? I mean does any one in normal life wonder at how they work?

Just hope it's not a crucial part of evidence.

Someone has spilt Ribena on it. 

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Musn't Grumble said:

Football really needs at least one of the "big clubs" to get into financial difficulties and get relegated.

With more clubs like Wolves getting promoted on the back of huge investors and competing with the top outfits, clubs like Arsenal are feeling the competition. This is reflected in the league positions currently.

Imagine the s/storm in the halls of power a few years from now if the Gunners were the first of these so-called "big clubs" to end up in the Championship? That would be the first proper steps to franchise footy... no more promotion or relegation from the top tier.

Hows it going mate ok?

50 minutes ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

I tied my colours to the mast many many  years ago ,Wednesday  is my team ,What ever happens today is out of my hands ,Its our team we hope for the best ,Will it make me stop supporting The Owls .NEVER 

Not me. If we get relegated I’m supporting Man City. 

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Philb125 said:

Not read the 20 odd pages...... any update from the case? 

Our Lawyer is basically re-enacting the scene from Monty Python's Holy Grail, where Arthur rocks up at the castle run by the French. He's basically banging his head with his hands, blowing raspberries and telling the EFL to "go away, or I shall taunt you one more time". This after telling them "I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper!"

We've a strong case I think.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

Was reading an article earlier saying there isn’t a worse time to be relegated from the Championship with what is going on in the world and tv money difference between the Championship and league one. 

There you go then, just like there wasn't a worse time to come out of the Premiership. We are nailed on to go down now:duntmatter:

Guest Ronson
1 minute ago, SouthStand75 said:

Without having to trace through all this thread. What has happened at the hearing?

Nobody on here knows.😀

I’m one of many who has slated Monk since Christmas. Amongst all this mess between now and the end of the season, I think we should actually try and cut him a bit of slack. The fine/points deductions have been looming over the club since he has been here. Managing under this can’t have been easy and it will become even more difficult with a negative verdict.

Even if we escape a transfer embargo, attracting players will be extremely challenging. He will have very little room for manoeuvre, especially in the striking department. 

• Like 2