THE EFL HEARING THREAD

1 hour ago, sonofbert2 said:

I’m going to be a bit controversial and I really don’t want to get banned because, believe it or not, my mental health really benefits in this community.

MM sold DC a pup based on the Leicester model.  Same advisors, same plan and involving an ex-chairman who never gets a mention.

The plan nearly came off but it didn’t and we find ourselves here.

The recent history of our beautiful football club can be plotted in shirt sponsors.

I’d rather both MM and DC than having being asset-stripped by local ten bob millionaires tho’

You need to see a doctor lol

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, modboy said:

Wednesdayites have been really patient with chansiri. Other clubs would have become toxic by now. 

Though perhaps that is after 20 tears of mediocrity fans just CBA either anymore, even to protest. Apathy is dangerous.

5 minutes ago, Miffed said:

This is the thing that irks me though. There might have been one or two concerned posters on here when Chansiri took over, but on the whole the majority of Wednesday fans were loving it. We all couldnt wait for our knight in shining armour to take us over and plough money into the club.

After years of suffering, relegations, humiliating results, being unable to sign anyone and getting stuck in the 3rd tier twice, we were all so desperate and relieved when it happend.

The players we were signing back then, we could only dream about. It might not feel like it now but we had Gary Hopper up front, and Jordan Rhodes.
I think it was Warnock who summed up how strong our side was in a game where we brought our best player off the field and replaced him with Fernando Forestieri.

No one was complaining at all. Watching us at home with crowds averaging 28,000, playing Arsenal off the park, the light show against Brighton, during the trip down to Wembley, making the place bounce with the "on our way" song... the play offs the season after... not one person was complaining at that time. Not one.

It was a failed experiment but we all lapped it up. Not one person complained that Chansiri didnt know what he was doing until the bubble burst. I know its not all black and white but based on all of this, it looked like our fans were all happy, singing and dancing round him until the first point that it went wrong.

Im not saying Chansiri has been perfect, hindsight is wonderful and Im sure he would love that luxury too. In reality, I dont think hes going anywhere but Im sure his love for football will have taken a battering the last year or so..... Bruce walking, the EFL, the whole SAG debacle, Transfer Embargos, etc....

For me 2 things need to happen.

1) Get this EFL hearing out of the way.

2) When we know the outcome.... tell the fans what the strategy is for the club moving forward both on and off the field. Tell the supporters like it is .....and tell us that there is a plan in place.

Encapsulated in a few short paragraphs, great post. I respect all of his effort and some.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

Its frustrating.....The fact that is, I believe the vast majority of fans KNOW that he means well...You don't go as far down the road splashing money out if you don't mean well...You do what the Bury and Wigan owners have done.

What frustrates the hell out of me is the fact that he thinks Wednesday fans are minted, We aren't...The fact that he seemingly won't take advice...He should

The fact that he says he knows "Little of football" and STILL doesn't take advice from "Football" people....

The fact that he seemingly will take advice from folk with a vested interest....

Its frustrating...He must be frustrated..the problem is where has his frustration taken us...?..To court with the EFL.

If he wins brilliant, but it was still a little reckless.

The money he has spent could easily have got someone in place with a track record, not neccessarily a manager..but a good head of football, who knew the racket inside out...rather than Abdi, Emmanuelson etc...

Its frustrating!

He had someone with a vast amount of experience and lots of football contacts

Stuart Gray.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Miffed said:

This is the thing that irks me though. There might have been one or two concerned posters on here when Chansiri took over, but on the whole the majority of Wednesday fans were loving it. We all couldnt wait for our knight in shining armour to take us over and plough money into the club.

After years of suffering, relegations, humiliating results, being unable to sign anyone and getting stuck in the 3rd tier twice, we were all so desperate and relieved when it happend.

The players we were signing back then, we could only dream about. It might not feel like it now but we had Gary Hopper up front, and Jordan Rhodes.
I think it was Warnock who summed up how strong our side was in a game where we brought our best player off the field and replaced him with Fernando Forestieri.

No one was complaining at all. Watching us at home with crowds averaging 28,000, playing Arsenal off the park, the light show against Brighton, during the trip down to Wembley, making the place bounce with the "on our way" song... the play offs the season after... not one person was complaining at that time. Not one.

It was a failed experiment but we all lapped it up. Not one person complained that Chansiri didnt know what he was doing until the bubble burst. I know its not all black and white but based on all of this, it looked like our fans were all happy, singing and dancing round him until the first point that it went wrong.

Im not saying Chansiri has been perfect, hindsight is wonderful and Im sure he would love that luxury too. In reality, I dont think hes going anywhere but Im sure his love for football will have taken a battering the last year or so..... Bruce walking, the EFL, the whole SAG debacle, Transfer Embargos, etc....+ the abuse his family received by so-called Wednesday fan's.

For me 2 things need to happen.

1) Get this EFL hearing out of the way.

2) When we know the outcome.... tell the fans what the strategy is for the club moving forward both on and off the field. Tell the supporters like it is .....and tell us that there is a plan in place.

There, I agree with most of that.

• Like 1

Its not doing me any good this...I can cope with relegation, been there got the T shirt etc..more than enough times....but this is going beyond that now....

Its like being nagged at by 2 wives....Theres the actual prospect of actual relegation that lurks like a phantom just outta sight...and the glaring 12 point deduction bogeyman skippin' and prancin' right in front of you.

You can tell Wednesday fans by the sodding twitch everytime their mobile beeps!

• Like 2