THE EFL HEARING THREAD

2 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

sustainability of an entity is down to a measure of profitability that provide a business with enough nett profit to reproduce endlessly year on year. Where this happens sustaining reproduction is not an issue.

Where there is a break in the reproductive process due to shortfall of raw materials or profits due to overproduction the entity may fall back on accrued capital from earlier years to sustain continued viability at a later date.

Alternatively a business owner is so wealthy that he can sustain a loss making concern for an infinite time period. The business though loss making remains sustainable.    

Nah, sustainability is a function of cashflow. A business can be profitable as hell and still have cashflow problems. Another business might not make any profit but still meets its cashflow needs. Likewise, a business can have loads of dosh but still be doomed if it is still insufficient to get the next order through the door.

I often think that cashflow forecasting is one of DC's greatest weaknesses. It is one thing having a huge wad at your disposal and another thing knowing how and when to utilise it. Hence we always seem to be in this hole in terms of searching out the next cashflow quick fix.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EXCALIBUR said:

Not 100% sure,but has ex Wigan owner Dave Whelan said today that 2 other championship clubs are about to go into administration .1 was derby county 

Why Derby ? 

Mel Morris is a Derby fan, and loaded.

2 hours ago, EXCALIBUR said:

Not 100% sure,but has ex Wigan owner Dave Whelan said today that 2 other championship clubs are about to go into administration .1 was derby county 

That would make the relegation battle interesting ,especially if they shaft us as well. four clubs with points deductions. 

• Haha 1

I hate seeing clubs go bust its a tragedy. 

That said, the EFL hand us a 12 point deduction and we still go up as champions because every other f@cker has gone bust is a situation I can live with...... lol

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Morepork said:

I hate seeing clubs go bust its a tragedy. 

That said, the EFL hand us a 12 point deduction and we still go up as champions because every other f@cker has gone bust is a situation I can live with...... Sid.png.4d0b5d4039020a3f51824d12d5b25697.png

Fixed Sid for you Porkers ..

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, lanzaroteowl said:

So glad we've got a chairman that is not afraid to dip into his own pockets

Despite the amount ofShit he gets.

The problem is even he cannot do that forever. He is basically setting fire to all his money on a weekly basis. 

• Like 1