• Harris
    • Odubajo
    • Fletcher
    • Reach
    • Hunt
    • Da Cruz

1 minute ago, Derbyshireowl3 said:

So frustrating. No game plan. 

I don’t know why people say that.  Of course there was!

Work it to the wings and have Harris and Murphy try to get a cross in.  With Bannan supporting them both trying to do the same. 

Sadly the balls on were poor.  

- Harris didn’t beat his man or put in bad balls

- Murphy delayed his crosses too much 

- Bannan’s balls in were terrible

Only a couple of good balls in all game.  One was the corner for the goal. 

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

Wildsmith - 6 - Quiet game with next to nothing to do, except pick the ball out of the back of the net. 

Palmer - 7 - Steady enough. Anticipated and intercepted well. Gets drawn todays the ball too often, which left us vulnerable at times.

Iorfa - 6 - Moments of class and moments of madness. But he's our rock at the back. So often makes crucial tackles/interceptions, almost taken for granted, but he dropped too deep, too early in the lead up to the goal, ensuring Lolley was onside, despite been three yards ahead of the rest of our back line.

Borner - 7 - Decent return to action. Looked comfortable enough throughout. 

Harris - 5 - Wonder if Cash has taken him out of his pocket yet. No joy whatsoever up against Forest's right back. Need much more.

Murphy - 6 - Dangerous in the first half, but struggled to get into the game in the 2nd. 

Bannan - 6 - Couple moments of quality (especially the through ball for Rhodes in the 1st half), but his deliveries were absolutely dreadful throughout. Felt vulnerable with him been the only holding midfielder, with our wing backs so advanced. 

Lee - 7 - Thought he looked really sharp in the 1st half, and showed some nice neat touches. Faded in the 2nd half...but how the hell has he missed the sitter following Wickham's header?

Luongo - 6 - Want more from him. Seems to have a decent all-round game, but struggled to put anything into place today.

Rhodes - 6 - Did OK. Sniffed around, and looked to get in the right areas. Expecting him to do better with the chance in the 1st half though.

Wickham - 7- Man of the Match - Looked strong and sharp. Probably the sharpest player on show. Should've done better when he's hit the post prior to Lee's sitter, but made up for it with a good header for the equaliser. 

Odubajo - 6 - He seems to constantly be in the action. Came on, skinned two players and won a corner. A minute later, he's responsible for marking Lolley who scores Forest's goal (although to be fair, he's played a decent offside trap, and Iorfa has hung him out to dry), and then a minute after that he's taken a player out and got booked. 

Da Cruz - 7 - Looked to run the channels, an option we didn't have before his introduction, and his deliveries from set pieces were fantastic. Positive impact. 

Overall - 

It was probably a better return than I expected, but still the same issues raise their heads. Missed chances, vulnerable when in possession, conceding soft goals. It was a brave selection from Monk today, but long term, it's unsustainable. You need balance, and I just felt, as much possession we had, we always looked open to counter attacks (hence the goal). 

That said, I'd like Monk to keep with that system, but with different personnel. We've got the players to play it, but Monk seems intent on playing players out of position within it. Maybe, he's treating this first week as a mini-pre season, getting minutes into players legs (I think we'll see a totally different side next weekend), before settling on a more balanced set-up when the intensity increases. 

Agree with most of this. 

However monk is the problem he just isn’t good enough in any managerial department and again has proved to be a liar in his post match interview. He needs to be renewed ASAP !!

18 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

Wildsmith - 6 - Quiet game with next to nothing to do, except pick the ball out of the back of the net. 

Palmer - 7 - Steady enough. Anticipated and intercepted well. Gets drawn todays the ball too often, which left us vulnerable at times.

Iorfa - 6 - Moments of class and moments of madness. But he's our rock at the back. So often makes crucial tackles/interceptions, almost taken for granted, but he dropped too deep, too early in the lead up to the goal, ensuring Lolley was onside, despite been three yards ahead of the rest of our back line.

Borner - 7 - Decent return to action. Looked comfortable enough throughout. 

Harris - 5 - Wonder if Cash has taken him out of his pocket yet. No joy whatsoever up against Forest's right back. Need much more.

Murphy - 6 - Dangerous in the first half, but struggled to get into the game in the 2nd. 

Bannan - 6 - Couple moments of quality (especially the through ball for Rhodes in the 1st half), but his deliveries were absolutely dreadful throughout. Felt vulnerable with him been the only holding midfielder, with our wing backs so advanced. 

Lee - 7 - Thought he looked really sharp in the 1st half, and showed some nice neat touches. Faded in the 2nd half...but how the hell has he missed the sitter following Wickham's header?

Luongo - 6 - Want more from him. Seems to have a decent all-round game, but struggled to put anything into place today.

Rhodes - 6 - Did OK. Sniffed around, and looked to get in the right areas. Expecting him to do better with the chance in the 1st half though.

Wickham - 7- Man of the Match - Looked strong and sharp. Probably the sharpest player on show. Should've done better when he's hit the post prior to Lee's sitter, but made up for it with a good header for the equaliser. 

Odubajo - 6 - He seems to constantly be in the action. Came on, skinned two players and won a corner. A minute later, he's responsible for marking Lolley who scores Forest's goal (although to be fair, he's played a decent offside trap, and Iorfa has hung him out to dry), and then a minute after that he's taken a player out and got booked. 

Da Cruz - 7 - Looked to run the channels, an option we didn't have before his introduction, and his deliveries from set pieces were fantastic. Positive impact. 

Overall - 

It was probably a better return than I expected, but still the same issues raise their heads. Missed chances, vulnerable when in possession, conceding soft goals. It was a brave selection from Monk today, but long term, it's unsustainable. You need balance, and I just felt, as much possession we had, we always looked open to counter attacks (hence the goal). 

That said, I'd like Monk to keep with that system, but with different personnel. We've got the players to play it, but Monk seems intent on playing players out of position within it. Maybe, he's treating this first week as a mini-pre season, getting minutes into players legs (I think we'll see a totally different side next weekend), before settling on a more balanced set-up when the intensity increases. 

Cheers for this mate. I haven't seen the game today.  But from previous games you're usually on same lines as me so great to read this and a get good idea of what happened.  👍👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

33 minutes ago, Bez said:

I don’t know why people say that.  Of course there was!

Work it to the wings and have Harris and Murphy try to get a cross in.  With Bannan supporting them both trying to do the same. 

Sadly the balls on were poor.  

- Harris didn’t beat his man or put in bad balls

- Murphy delayed his crosses too much 

- Bannan’s balls in were terrible

Only a couple of good balls in all game.  One was the corner for the goal. 

I mean in general. I can’t say to someone, this is the type of team we are. We just seem to turn up and play.

24 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Agree with most of this. 

However monk is the problem he just isn’t good enough in any managerial department and again has proved to be a liar in his post match interview. He needs to be renewed ASAP !!

A liar, 😀 if that is the case then most managers are liars in their post match comments.

Thought we were boring and average vs a similar side, monks set up/tactics mean we are awful at doing what our strikers could thrive on, crosses.

Cant see why reach is never played in his best position on the left where he can cross and assist.

Harris constantly dribbles slowly for too long before being beat, hitting 1st man or putting it out, and so many times, needed putting out his misery at ht.

Subbing murphy for moses pointless when reach for harris might have improved our woeful crossing.

Palmer at rcb strange.

Monk can't even seem to see the problems so will never get anywhere near the solutions imo

• Like 1