• Wickham
    • Harris
    • Odubajo
    • Fletcher
    • Reach
    • Hunt
    • Da Cruz

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Some really odd votes today (in my opinion)

Wickham scored but what else did he get the chance to do today?

Wickham put himself about well and caused there CBs lots of issues, had three chances, one blocked on line one Hit post and one goal. We weren’t very good today but he did well clear choice for man on match.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Wickham put himself about well and caused there CBs lots of issues, had three chances, one blocked on line one Hit post and one goal. We weren’t very good today but he did well clear choice for man on match.

That's fair enough - thank you mate

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Thought it was a decent performance overall. Much better than the shower of poo we had before.

Wildsmith 6 nothing to do. Not at fault for goal

Palmer 6 did ok. No major problems 

Iorfa 6.5 has a good game but played Lolley inside for the goal

Borner 6.5 steady

Murphy 5 thought he was poor. Wing back doesn’t really suit him

Lee 6 played well but 1 point off for an appalling miss. Awful finish 

Bannan 6 didn’t get him on the ball enough

Luongo 6 looked rusty and was worried about a red card. Still better than Joey by a country mile

Harris 7 had a good game. Up against an excellent full back in Cash and it was a good battle. Also did well defensively 

Rhodes 5 sorry but he’s crap. Did one thing all game which was the excellent run to get him in on the keeper before a tepid finish. He’s shot

Wickham 7.5 much much better. Stronger, held the ball up well, unlucky to hit the post and an excellent header at the end

Fletcher n/a is this so he doesn’t have to play for us anymore?

Odubajo 6 excellent going forward but partly to blame for their goal. Maybe wing back will suit him

Reach 5 couldn’t get into the game

Da Cruz 7 was pleased with him. Looked sharper with better close control. Some excellent corners too, one of which helped get the goal

Hunt 7 did well when he came on. Moves the ball forward which I like

Unlike some on here, I actually think the bench changes helped us. I don’t want Monk here but he can’t win with some fans. UTO!!

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Thought it was a decent performance overall. Much better than the shower of poo we had before.

Wildsmith 6 nothing to do. Not at fault for goal

Palmer 6 did ok. No major problems 

Iorfa 6.5 has a good game but played Lolley inside for the goal

Borner 6.5 steady

Murphy 5 thought he was poor. Wing back doesn’t really suit him

Lee 6 played well but 1 point off for an appalling miss. Awful finish 

Bannan 6 didn’t get him on the ball enough

Luongo 6 looked rusty and was worried about a red card. Still better than Joey by a country mile

Harris 7 had a good game. Up against an excellent full back in Cash and it was a good battle. Also did well defensively 

Rhodes 5 sorry but he’s crap. Did one thing all game which was the excellent run to get him in on the keeper before a tepid finish. He’s shot

Wickham 7.5 much much better. Stronger, held the ball up well, unlucky to hit the post and an excellent header at the end

Fletcher n/a is this so he doesn’t have to play for us anymore?

Odubajo 6 excellent going forward but partly to blame for their goal. Maybe wing back will suit him

Reach 5 couldn’t get into the game

Da Cruz 7 was pleased with him. Looked sharper with better close control. Some excellent corners too, one of which helped get the goal

Hunt 7 did well when he came on. Moves the ball forward which I like

Unlike some on here, I actually think the bench changes helped us. I don’t want Monk here but he can’t win with some fans. UTO!!

My main thoughts after the game:

1. Monk- I’m still behind him. We need a clear out and he needs his own staff. I thought we set-up well today although there is still a lot of room for improvement.

2. Fletcher- I’d let him go. Injury prone and big wages.  The more we can get rid of the better.

3. FF- now of the opinion it is 100% right not to give him a new contract. In hindsight, we wouldn’t have lost out if he was binned when he refused to travel to Norwich.

4. Nuhiu - Glad it looks like he is away too. I was worried we were going to have the annual change of heart on him.

5. Hunt- Has real potential, brought life to a fairly lifeless midfield yesterday. Luongo needs to offer much more! 

Overall, not a bad performance for the first game back. Although, I really can’t wait for this season to end and for the potential points deduction to have been dealt with so that we can start to move forward with a fresh start and some new players. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Agree with most of this. 

However monk is the problem he just isn’t good enough in any managerial department and again has proved to be a liar in his post match interview. He needs to be renewed ASAP !!

Dutch. I’m one of his biggest critics but thought his interview was quite good. Why the comment about lies? Not sure what you are referring to?

Thought we set up much better with the 3 at the back allowing us an extra man in midfield so we didn't get overrun. 

Thought Harris stuck to the wingback role well covering defensively and putting in a couple of decent crosses. 

Wickham mom for me, scored the goal and it was a good header under pressure that hit the post. 

The Wickham Rhodes combination didn't work for me, the combination looks too slow, Rhodes looks shot of confidence and flat footed..

Odubajo doesn't look like a defender, he has got the wrong side of the forward so many times since he joined us which has been very costly.

14 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Agree with most of this. 

However monk is the problem he just isn’t good enough in any managerial department and again has proved to be a liar in his post match interview. He needs to be renewed ASAP !!

Dutch. I’m one of his biggest critics but thought his interview was quite good. Why the comment about lies? Not sure what you are referring to?