• Rhodes
    • Wickham
    • Harris
    • Odubajo
    • Fletcher
    • Reach
    • Hunt
    • Da Cruz

Some odd assessments. Agreed that no one really stood out but the midfield 3 were the best players today. We totally controlled it in there. Only final ball, crossing and that little bit of guile was lacking from a decent display. 

You’ve just got to love Kieran Lee. Yes, he’s not that dynamic Kieran Lee of old but he’s still a very good player who had a big effect in a championship game against a 5th placed side. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Plonk said:

Dutch. I’m one of his biggest critics but thought his interview was quite good. Why the comment about lies? Not sure what you are referring to?

The Forestieri ones. He is as fit as anyone and was warming up at the ground hours before the game. It was nothing to do with fitness why he wasn’t involved. I suspect he is told to lie but even so just say I can’t talk about it rather than make something up 

1 hour ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Some odd assessments. Agreed that no one really stood out but the midfield 3 were the best players today. We totally controlled it in there. Only final ball, crossing and that little bit of guile was lacking from a decent display. 

You’ve just got to love Kieran Lee. Yes, he’s not that dynamic Kieran Lee of old but he’s still a very good player who had a big effect in a championship game against a 5th placed side. 

I am surprised to read everyone say we coasted and we’re poor. I thought we were the better side and deserved at the very least a point. 

Bannan and Lee were very good, Luongo a bit rusty near the end but was solid first half. Impressed with Da Cruz and can take a corner!! Wickham looked sharper and him and Rhodes could work. 

Overall, what we have been served post Christmas, this was a pleasant return. Formation looked like could work in long term. Keep it up.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Monk does it more than most... I’ve gone

from thinking he is a poor manager to really disliking the bloke !

Disliking someone is ok, but I have not seen evidence that he is a liar. He is not my choice of manager but we are were are at the mo, be glad to get to the end of this surreal season before can comment on what next.

The fact that the voting is spread across the team is a positive for me. We have to have 3 in the middle of the park with our midfield choices and I am glad Monk recognised this. We will get unpicked from time to time because the formation has its weaknesses but a 442 with our aging dynamos was getting slaughtered every week.

Better.

• Like 1

Although Harris stuck to the role well. He was our main outlet. We go on about Bannan. But the plan was always to feed Harris the ball and because of that he must do better. One good cross in five with three of them either going out for a goal kick of hitting the first man is not good enough for a player you are looking to dominate a game for you.

I've never seen so much winging - and unjustified at that. I thought we were good. We looked fitter and more driven to win than a team with a real chance of promotion. Our obvious game plan was to exploit the flanks - despite people not noticing we have a game plan. Everyone put in the levels of commitment and energy required and looked like the attitude was right. If anyone has watched any of the games on tv since the restart, they will notice most teams are rusty. Wolves spent 65 mins passing to the other team in their game. We didn't look like that and that is a plus. Some things didn't come off - Rhodes prob would have pulled the trigger sooner on his big chance with a few more games under his belt, but our general play didn't look sluggish. They had one clear cut chance and took it. We were so unlucky hitting the post and that dude getting that block in. Harris should have had a pen - Man U got one for nearly the same tackle the day before. Then at the end Wickham was body checked off the ball and the ref ended the game - despite the full amount of injury time not having been played yet and a goal having been scored during that time (worth a min usually) - a blatant evasion of having to make a decision. So in summary, all you wingers - give us a break.