Fernando Forestieri has heard nothing from the club

12 hours ago, William 1867 said:

Always two side's  of the story with Monk.

If I were a player who is not to get a new contract why would I sign for a extra month at a risk of getting an injury and not being able to sign for a new club next season. 

With most threads on here, the blame usually lays with Monk. This one is about FF. his agent and the club.

Ermmm ,we're not sure so blame Monk.

Edited by Sergeant Tibbs
  • Haha 1

I don’t know whether he’s has been/will be offered a new deal or not but maybe someone ITK can answer this;

What exactly does Monk (or the the club for that matter, if you believe Monk is being told to lie) have to gain by lying and saying “he’s not quite fit enough today” as oppose to “unfortunately Nando’s contract is up at the end of the the month & he won’t be offered a new one so I thought it better to concentrate on the players that will be here”

12 minutes ago, kirksandallowl said:

I don’t know whether he’s has been/will be offered a new deal or not but maybe someone ITK can answer this;

What exactly does Monk (or the the club for that matter, if you believe Monk is being told to lie) have to gain by lying and saying “he’s not quite fit enough today” as oppose to “unfortunately Nando’s contract is up at the end of the the month & he won’t be offered a new one so I thought it better to concentrate on the players that will be here”

Don't know but if he is leaving players out due to fitness issues then using Fletcher was a mistake. His contract status is far from clear either. 

If this is the truly the end for FF, Westwood and Hutch, then I for one will be gutted how the story ends. I know we have to rebuild and we are desperate for it, but after the optimism I felt when Bruce was in, to now, with a depleted squad and endless problems, it is imperative we stay up. Rebuilding a squad in the wrong league will lead to signing poorer players on 3 year+ deals. 

Lots of bitterness on this thread to a guy whose been one of the better players at S6 in the last 20 years (and whose always been great when me or the kids have met him). Some can’t forgive his actions, and yes he’s temperamental but he is still a precocious talent that we surely need (at least on the bench) for the last few games.

37 minutes ago, Stan Dupowls said:

If this is the truly the end for FF, Westwood and Hutch, then I for one will be gutted how the story ends. I know we have to rebuild and we are desperate for it, but after the optimism I felt when Bruce was in, to now, with a depleted squad and endless problems, it is imperative we stay up. Rebuilding a squad in the wrong league will lead to signing poorer players on 3 year+ deals. 

Lots of bitterness on this thread to a guy whose been one of the better players at S6 in the last 20 years (and whose always been great when me or the kids have met him). Some can’t forgive his actions, and yes he’s temperamental but he is still a precocious talent that we surely need (at least on the bench) for the last few games.

I do wonder how many people's views on Forestieri are coloured by meeting him, having photos with him, seeing him being funny on social media and being a character.

If you look at pure facts, statistics, availability, and the sheer cost of having him at the club he really should have been long gone.

Whatever the latest issue is with him not playing (Monk claiming he's come back unfit) it's just one more in a long long line of issues that we've had from a player who has all the talent but hasn't applied that talent for this football club for a long long time

As a funny character on instagram, and a lovely nice bloke when you meet him he's right up there as one of the very best

As a player he's been delivering criminal results for the wages he's on

• Like 4

Owlstalk Shop

In his first 2 seasons, he averaged 33+5 appearances and 13.5 goals.

In the last 3 seasons, he has averaged 11+8 appearances and 4.3 goals.

So his production has declined by two thirds in both categories. If he accepts a commensurate pay cut, maybe we can start talking about a one year extension? :biggrin:

16 hours ago, Holmowl said:

You choose not to believe either Bannan or Monk that he hasn’t been giving his all in training?

Or your own eyes in warm-ups and half-time routines?

Strike you as a player straining every sinew to get his shirt back?

This I always find bizarre that some people slate FF for not running around like a lunatic at half time when he's been a sub. Someone on here even called him a 'oxygen thief' earlier on in the season for just jogging about and messing with a ball at half time.

You ought to see some of the Premier League 'stars' if you think FF does nothing in the warm ups. Raheem Sterling for example at half time comes out after 5 minutes spends a few minutes having a laugh with the other subs, does hardly anything physical, then is off.

You don't hear Pep or the City fans moaning about him for that.

Monk didn't say he hadn't been giving his all in training, he said he came back behind the others in fitness, whatever that means.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

This I always find bizarre that some people slate FF for not running around like a lunatic at half time when he's been a sub. Someone on here even called him a 'oxygen thief' earlier on in the season for just jogging about and messing with a ball at half time.

You ought to see some of the Premier League 'stars' if you think FF does nothing in the warm ups. Raheem Sterling for example at half time comes out after 5 minutes spends a few minutes having a laugh with the other subs, does hardly anything physical, then is off.

You don't hear Pep or the City fans moaning about him for that.

Monk didn't say he hadn't been giving his all in training, he said he came back behind the others in fitness, whatever that means.

The difference is Sterling proves his worth when he is on the field. If Sterling performances dropped or his attitude to training was called into question then things like his body language in warm ups would be under scrutiny.

8 hours ago, Stan Dupowls said:

Agent - I really think my client is worth at least 30k a week
Club DOF - I’m sorry but I can’t see where you get that figure from. He doesn’t consistently score goals nor does he create any chances so I’m not sure how you can justify 30k a week?

Agent - Well He’s always great when meeting the fans and their kids, puts a real smile on their faces.

DOF - That’s true, I’ll get a contract drafted up straight away

13 hours ago, kirksandallowl said:

Not sure I believe any side of the story that comes from Monk, after he said that sidelining Hutchinson was to do with him not being consistently available, or words to that effect. This after he'd played more games than the majority of the squad in both the first half of this season and the second half of last season. 

12 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I do wonder how many people's views on Forestieri are coloured by meeting him, having photos with him, seeing him being funny on social media and being a character.

If you look at pure facts, statistics, availability, and the sheer cost of having him at the club he really should have been long gone.

Whatever the latest issue is with him not playing (Monk claiming he's come back unfit) it's just one more in a long long line of issues that we've had from a player who has all the talent but hasn't applied that talent for this football club for a long long time

As a funny character on instagram, and a lovely nice bloke when you meet him he's right up there as one of the very best

As a player he's been delivering criminal results for the wages he's on

I have nothing against the guy. We need to rebuild and he isnt producing what used to for whatever reason. Hes one of the higher paid players im guessing and we can no longer afford.  Time to move on.

16 minutes ago, Dagmeister's Shadow said:

Quick stats

FF 

Signed 2015 for £3m. Assume £15k pw for first season. £25k for next 4

Total cost wages c. £6m. Total cost with transfer fee £9m

Goals. 40 (all comps)

Atdhe Nuhiu

Signed 2015 - free. Assume £15k pw for 7 seasons (possibly less in reality) 

Total cost wages c. £5.5m. Total cost with transfer fee £5.5m

Goals. 47 (all comps)

Nuhiu signed Summer 2013.

21 hours ago, Dagmeister's Shadow said:

Quick stats

FF 

Signed 2015 for £3m. Assume £15k pw for first season. £25k for next 4

Total cost wages c. £6m. Total cost with transfer fee £9m

Goals. 40 (all comps)

Atdhe Nuhiu

Signed 2015 - free. Assume £15k pw for 7 seasons (possibly less in reality) 

Total cost wages c. £5.5m. Total cost with transfer fee £5.5m

Goals. 47 (all comps)

get rid of both for me. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Hes still putting pictures on his Instagram of him being in his Wednesday training gear etc and seems pretty happy. 

I'd be happy having a kick about with my mates in the sunshine and earning £25k a week 😀 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Therealrealist
8 minutes ago, striker said:

I'd be happy having a kick about with my mates in the sunshine and earning £25k a week 😀 

Ecactamondo..he allways looks happier when hes not playin..helping little old ladys cross the road in chap..selfies in asda etc..put him on the pitch and he gets the face on..get rid

4 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

Ecactamondo..he allways looks happier when hes not playin..helping little old ladys cross the road in chap..selfies in asda etc..put him on the pitch and he gets the face on..get rid

The realist has spoken  lol 

Edited by FreshOwl