Fernando Forestieri has heard nothing from the club

Guest Ronson
10 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

This is surely an error?

lol

@Brammy

After sleeping on the score I gave Fletcher for yesterdays game and giving it further consideration this morning I've decided I got it right, sorry to disappoint.😀

Think the saving in wages from FF could allow us to get a couple of free transfers in that would improve the team. Was once a quality player for us but those days look well behind him (probably until he signs for a new club). Letting him go along with Hutchinson, Winnall, will Fletcher be let go now because of his injuries? and definitely Nuhiu is the right thing to do. 

Monk said all the out of contract players who have been brought back to training have been offered the extension. So either he's lying or FF's agent is. Simple. 

If he and the others don't want to sign for the month then good riddance as far as I'm concerned. It shows their true character after the club have bankrolled their inept performances. 

If Fletch and Fox are also playing silly buggers about the 1 month extension then I'd say thanks very much and remove their full time contract offer as well. If I was a player I'd be very wary of being out of contract this summer as I don't think offers would be as high as other years. 

That said if the club are offering the players anything lower than their current deal for the last month then I can understand the hesitating to sign, as that's a poor move. But I understand we are just trying to extend the current terms. 

Fair play to Kieran Lee for signing promptly, no fuss from that guy. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

Monk said all the out of contract players who have been brought back to training have been offered the extension. So either he's lying or FF's agent is. Simple. 

If he and the others don't want to sign for the month then good riddance as far as I'm concerned. It shows their true character after the club have bankrolled their inept performances. 

If Fletch and Fox are also playing silly buggers about the 1 month extension then I'd say thanks very much and remove their full time contract offer as well. If I was a player I'd be very wary of being out of contract this summer as I don't think offers would be as high as other years. 

That said if the club are offering the players anything lower than their current deal for the last month then I can understand the hesitating to sign, as that's a poor move. But I understand we are just trying to extend the current terms. 

Fair play to Kieran Lee for signing promptly, no fuss from that guy. 

Rumour has it Fox is on around 8k a week and our contract offer to him is less than that. Can see why he is not biting our hand off if this is true.

If this is the case and we cant even offer Fox ( one of our better players this season) the same 8k a week he was currently on then we are in serious financial trouble this summer.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Rumour has it Fox is on around 8k a week and our contract offer to him is less than that. Can see why he is not biting our hand off if this is true.

If this is the case and we cant even offer Fox ( one of our better players this season) the same 8k a week he was currently on then we are in serious financial trouble this summer.

Or we have looked at the situation after covid, along with the fact that Fox is an OK 2nd tier full back, nothing amazing. 

And we aren't willing to pay stupid money when there's likely to be more options then usual at a lower rate cos of the covid situation 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, fudge27 said:

Or we have looked at the situation after covid, along with the fact that Fox is an OK 2nd tier full back, nothing amazing. 

And we aren't willing to pay stupid money when there's likely to be more options then usual at a lower rate cos of the covid situation 

We will struggle to get a player better than Fox who is comfortable playing left side centre back or wingback in our new formation for under 8k a week. if it was true Fox clearly hasn't accepted being payed less why will anyone else. Initially I mean.

Edited by pazowl55
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Or hes a really average footballer and we have massively overpaid him...especially in the first 2 years of his contract (when he should have been paying us to play)

3 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Or hes a really average footballer and we have massively overpaid him...especially in the first 2 years of his contract (when he should have been paying us to play)

58 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

We will struggle to get a player better than Fox who is comfortable playing left side centre back or wingback in our new formation for under 8k a week. if it was true Fox clearly hasn't accepted being payed less why will anyone else. Initially I mean.

That's a judgement call I guess. Rather that then handing out over the top money for average players and the cycle repeating every few years

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

That's a judgement call I guess. Rather that then handing out over the top money for average players and the cycle repeating every few years

Pelupessy wont be far off 8k I shouldn't think. I can understand us maybe saying to Fletcher, we cant offer you 35k but if it turns out that we wouldnt even offer Fox 8k. then that's a mistake.  If he is demanding 15-20k as he has other clubs interested then that's different. But 8k got Fox is a steal, even now.