Fernando Forestieri has heard nothing from the club

4 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Pelupessy wont be far off 8k I shouldn't think. I can understand us maybe saying to Fletcher, we cant offer you 35k but if it turns out that we wouldnt even offer Fox 8k. then that's a mistake.  If he is demanding 15-20k as he has other clubs interested then that's different. But 8k got Fox is a steal, even now.

Depends what else is available, interest we have there, plans for Penney, formation and style etc. 

Could also be a case of the club having more of a line in the sand when negotiating so we don't get a repeat of the FF farce or simply we don't feel Fox is worth what he's asking so are negotiating. So many unknown factors but if he leaves I won't be arsed either way, like I said an average player, if he wants to chance his arm for a better offer that's his choice 

• Like 1

When you look at Forestieri’s time at Wednesday after that first season where for me he was the best player in the league, we’ve had the following...

Refused to play for the club.

Was suspended by the club for a training ground incident involving Sam Winnall.

Called out in the media by the vice captain for not trying hard enough in training.

Returns to training after the COVID19 outbreak way behind his team mates in terms of his physical condition.

Add to this the fact that he has failed to reach the heights he hit on his first season here on a consistent basis and throw in a couple of bad injuries and I think we really could spend his hefty wage better elsewhere.

• Like 6

Just now, TrickyTrev said:

When you look at Forestieri’s time at Wednesday after that first season where for me he was the best player in the league, we’ve had the following...

Refused to play for the club.

Was suspended by the club for a training ground incident involving Sam Winnall.

Called out in the media by the vice captain for not trying hard enough in training.

Returns to training after the COVID19 outbreak way behind his team mates in terms of his physical condition.

Add to this the fact that he has failed to reach the heights he hit on his first season here on a consistent basis and throw in a couple of bad injuries and I think we really could spend his hefty wage better elsewhere.

I think to summarise "he's taking the absolute P*SS out of all those fans who say they love him and want him to stay"

• Like 4

Owlstalk Shop

5 hours ago, Owls2k said:

Monk said all the out of contract players who have been brought back to training have been offered the extension. So either he's lying or FF's agent is. Simple. 

If he and the others don't want to sign for the month then good riddance as far as I'm concerned. It shows their true character after the club have bankrolled their inept performances. 

If Fletch and Fox are also playing silly buggers about the 1 month extension then I'd say thanks very much and remove their full time contract offer as well. If I was a player I'd be very wary of being out of contract this summer as I don't think offers would be as high as other years. 

That said if the club are offering the players anything lower than their current deal for the last month then I can understand the hesitating to sign, as that's a poor move. But I understand we are just trying to extend the current terms. 

Fair play to Kieran Lee for signing promptly, no fuss from that guy. 

I don’t think it shows anything about their characters at all tbh. Probably more that they want to carefully think about what is best for their futures and who can blame them.

both will be wanting to plan for future certainty with a long term contract and no doubt they’d be nervous about getting a serious injury in the extended future which could completely ruin a potential

3 year contact etc.

in terms of a long term deal at swfc why would they want to stay at a club that is run like a circus. Along with knowing the club may be in league one next season or starting the Champ on negative points. It’s not the best prospect is it

• Like 1

Just now, @owlstalk said:

I think to summarise "he's taking the absolute P*SS out of all those fans who say they love him and want him to stay"

Agreed, I’ve been desperate for the Fernando we had the first season to come back but other than other than the odd performance it’s becoming increasingly clear that just isn’t going to happen.

The incidents I mentioned really do call into question the guys character and his lack of consistency calls into question his desire to play for the club as we know he still has it in his locker.

I just think that if the dressing room does need the overhaul that Monk (and many of us) have said it does, for me Forestieri has to be the first out of the door.

20 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

Depends what else is available, interest we have there, plans for Penney, formation and style etc. 

Could also be a case of the club having more of a line in the sand when negotiating so we don't get a repeat of the FF farce or simply we don't feel Fox is worth what he's asking so are negotiating. So many unknown factors but if he leaves I won't be arsed either way, like I said an average player, if he wants to chance his arm for a better offer that's his choice 

Like I said turns out he was after being a top earner then I would let him go aswell but if all he is looking for was around the same wage then I would keep him.

30 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Pelupessy wont be far off 8k I shouldn't think. I can understand us maybe saying to Fletcher, we cant offer you 35k but if it turns out that we wouldnt even offer Fox 8k. then that's a mistake.  If he is demanding 15-20k as he has other clubs interested then that's different. But 8k got Fox is a steal, even now.

Surely not ! Pelupessy 8,000 ?  Maybe a year.

The gravy train has come to a halt and not overdue IMO , not just us but football in general apart from the premiership but even that could change 

There are going to be loads of players available. 

Clear the decks and move on 

FF is broken time to go 

Edited by hugeowl
  • Like 5

55 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

FF is not the player he was, but worryingly he is still a better option than most of the other players we have available.

“You won’t see a worse player being brought on today for any team”

”he looks like a spectator that has won a prize to get to play”

Seen these quotes and many similar others about Da Cruz and yet he has 1 less assist than FF has for the whole of this season. 

Just now, 83owl said:

“You won’t see a worse player being brought on today for any team”

”he looks like a spectator that has won a prize to get to play”

Seen these quotes and many similar others about Da Cruz and yet he has 1 less assist than FF has for the whole of this season. 

Bloody Sky generation and they silly stats.  

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, 31Dec1966 said:

Surely not ! Pelupessy 8,000 ?  Maybe a year.

Would be surprised if any of our regular first team squad players were on under 5k. Would expect around 5-8k min for any of our so called "rubbish" players.

5 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Rumour has it Fox is on around 8k a week and our contract offer to him is less than that. Can see why he is not biting our hand off if this is true.

If this is the case and we cant even offer Fox ( one of our better players this season) the same 8k a week he was currently on then we are in serious financial trouble this summer.

I can't see that being true. Fox is a better player now than then, minimum we would offer is existing terms and probably a bit on top for inflation . Personally I can see him getting £10K-£12K.

Fessi on his day is absolute quality. The problem is those days are rare thru one thing n another. 
when he plays he’s like a new signing as been awol for ages. Plays couple games n gone again. 
seems very strange even when seemed fit every manager hardly plays him. 
especially how much he costs the club. 
how much earned to what he’s played is ridiculous. 
im on the fence for the future tho. If reduced wage n played full season I’d be happy but same as has been then no from me. 

On 16/06/2020 at 14:06, LittleG said:

And you were the same poster last week who heard that the points deduction was, I think you said, either 9 or 21 points, apparently you'd read something on social media 

Sadly, some people take social media comments as bonafide facts, in truth they are no more reliable than a rendition by Donald Trump of this month's Top Tips in Viz (no disrespect to Viz intended). 

2 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

FF is not the player he was, but worryingly he is still a better option than most of the other players we have available.

Having seen your postings over the years you  wouldn't recognise a footballer if one bit you on the arris' 🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, prowl said:

I can't see that being true. Fox is a better player now than then, minimum we would offer is existing terms and probably a bit on top for inflation . Personally I can see him getting £10K-£12K.

Hopefully he signs for that.