Fernando Forestieri has heard nothing from the club

3 hours ago, vulva said:

Despite me thinking he doesn’t deserve a contract, he is a far better option than many in the squad today. As are the likes of Westwood, Hutchinson, Winnall etc. Monks ‘principles’ and stubbornness

Principles and Stubbornness?

Or simply managing the club and clearing out the rot?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

14 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Principles and Stubbornness?

Or simply managing the club and clearing out the rot?

Would be easier managing the club in the Championship. We’ve put up with this squad for the thick end of 4 years. We need as many points as possible to offset any FFP penalty. 

I agree, let’s clear out the rot. Can this not wait 6 more weeks?

I’m not a fan of FF. or Westwood for that matter. But FF is a better player than Cruz and quite a few others in today’s squad, and Westwood is a better keeper than Wildsmith. And Hutchinson is a better player than Pellupessy. 

This squad should have been cleared out when we lost to Huddersfield. It’s all a bit late now, and a basic element of management is getting the best out of what you’ve got. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, vulva said:

I’m not a fan of FF. or Westwood for that matter. But FF is a better player than Cruz and quite a few others in today’s squad, and Westwood is a better keeper than Wildsmith. And Hutchinson is a better player than Pellupessy. 

Hi all,

Please can everyone just stop telling me that Sheffield Wednesday fans genuinely want progression

Thank you x

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Ronson

It was evident today that just by moving on the rot what has infected the club over the last few years saw an improved TEAM performance. As soon as they are finally out of the door we can start to look up. And I believe Monks the best man for the job as well.

33 minutes ago, Ronson said:

It was evident today that just by moving on the rot what has infected the club over the last few years saw an improved TEAM performance. As soon as they are finally out of the door we can start to look up. And I believe Monks the best man for the job as well.

It was an improvement...small steps

Fox shouldn't ever play and we looked better without him

Fletcher was missed imo

Nando always has a part to play...why was he not involved..?

Reach would also be a better option at lwb instead of harris...crossing is far superior 

Overall we were slightly better than I expected..lee was my mom

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, meggoisgod said:

Going purely on what Monk is saying in the post match interview 

If Monk's telling the truth then I'm glad Forestieri wasn't involved today
If Monk's giving us the better more positive sounding spin on another story then I'm glad Forestieri wasn't involved today

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Ronson
3 minutes ago, meggoisgod said:

It was an improvement...small steps

Fox shouldn't ever play and we looked better without him

Fletcher was missed imo

Reach would also be a better option at lwb instead of harris...crossing is far superior 

Overall we were slightly better than I expected..lee was my mom

I agree with Lee MOTM. as for the others, in no particular order,

Wildsmith- Safe pair of hands, the lads not brilliant but he's an improvement on Dawson, couple of years time we'll have a couple of decent goalies if they're still with us. 7/10

Palmer- So so performance, could do better. 5/10

Iorfa- He's a star isn't he, makes a mistake but his turn of pace can recover the situation (sometimes) 7/10

Borner- Solid, but please don't get drawn to far forward, you haven't got the pace to recover 7/10

Murphy- Had better games 6/10

Harris- Needs to improve his delivery and first touch to pass his defender 6/10

Luongo- Thought he was good first half and seemed to fade away after HT 7/10

Bannan- What can you say? Stop shooting Bazza, brilliant one minute, a rogue the next but I wouldn't be without him 7/10

Lee- What a star this lad is, makes things look easy, produces simple midfield work, the engine room of a good side, sign him up for heavens sake. 8/10

Rhodes- Looks like he's had a weight lifted off his shoulders. Same time as the negative players are being removed? Coincidence? I think not, keep it up Jordan. 7/10

Wickham- Looked more mobile for me and strong, built like the old brick what do you call it. Solid. 7/10

Obujabo-( Pardon me if I got the spelling wrong) Looks way better in the oppositions half, another one who fell for the influence of the negative players? I think so. But he should be given his chance. Ready made replacement for Murphy, he looked good. 7/10

Da Cruz- Another who fell for the influence of departing rabble? Can certainly take a corner and looked reminiscent of his first game before he came under the influence 7/10

Reach- He's a steady Eddie isn't he, hope he stays forever 6/10

Fletcher- Not sure what that was all about. Player wanting to play or manager wanting injured player to play. Benefit of the doubt to Fletch, too much of a pro to think otherwise, good try mate 5/10.

Hunt- He doesn't look out of place does he? Good lad 7/1

Conclusion.

Lee gets a new contract and Ipswich can cry themselves to sleep.

There's a marked improvement in team spirit now it is evident the bad eggs have had their day and are being moved on.

There's good cause for optimism, we're looking a far better team without Hutchinson, Forestieri, Westwood. Let them go sow their bad vibes at one of our competitors. Injured shoulder my backside.LMFAO.

3 minutes ago, Ronson said:

Fletcher- Not sure what that was all about. Player wanting to play or manager wanting injured player to play. Benefit of the doubt to Fletch, too much of a pro to think otherwise, good try mate 5/10.

This is surely an error?

lol

Owlstalk Shop

Guest LondonOwl313
1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Hi all,

Please can everyone just stop telling me that Sheffield Wednesday fans genuinely want progression

Thank you x

So progress to your mind is leaving your better players at home and replacing them with players with nowhere near as much ability? Sounds like that’s us moving forward lol

9 minutes ago, Ronson said:

I agree with Lee MOTM. as for the others, in no particular order,

Wildsmith- Safe pair of hands, the lads not brilliant but he's an improvement on Dawson, couple of years time we'll have a couple of decent goalies if they're still with us. 7/10

Iorfa- He's a star isn't he, makes a mistake but his turn of pace can recover the situation (sometimes) 7/10

Borner- Solid, but please don't get drawn to far forward, you haven't got the pace to recover 7/10

Murphy- Had better games 6/10

Harris- Needs to improve his delivery and first touch to pass his defender 6/10

Luongo- Thought he was good first half and seemed to fade away after HT 7/10

Bannan- What can you say? Stop shooting Bazza, brilliant one minute, a rogue the next but I wouldn't be without him 7/10

Lee- What a star this lad is, makes things look easy, produces simple midfield work, the engine room of a good side, sign him up for heavens sake. 8/10

Rhodes- Looks like he's had a weight lifted off his shoulders. Same time as the negative players are being removed? Coincidence? I think not, keep it up Jordan. 7/10

Wickham- Looked more mobile for me and strong, built like the old brick what do you call it. Solid. 7/10

Obujabo-( Pardon me if I got the spelling wrong) Looks way better in the oppositions half, another one who fell for the influence of the negative players? I think so. But he should be given his chance. Ready made replacement for Murphy, he looked good. 7/10

Da Cruz- Another who fell for the influence of departing rabble? Can certainly take a corner and looked reminiscent of his first game before he came under the influence 7/10

Reach- He's a steady Eddie isn't he, hope he stays forever 6/10

Hunt- He doesn't look out of place does he? Good lad 7/1

Conclusion.

Lee gets a new contract and Ipswich can cry themselves to sleep.

There's a marked improvement in team spirit now it is evident the bad eggs have had their day and are being moved on.

There's good cause for optimism, we're looking a far better team without Hutchinson, Forestieri, Westwood. Let them go sow their bad vibes at one of our competitors. Injured shoulder my backside.LMFAO.

Sorry pal.

Lost all credibility when you gave Fletcher 5/10 for hobbling on and hobbling off again within a couple of minutes. 

Edited by Brammy

Guest Ronson
2 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

So progress to your mind is leaving your better players at home and replacing them with players with nowhere near as much ability? Sounds like that’s us moving forward lol

H

Just now, Brammy said:

Sorry pal.

Lost all credibility when you gave Fletcher 5/10 for hobbling on and hobbling off again.

In my defence mate I missed what happened, as he was coming on I went to syphon the python and when I came downstairs he was going off. How did you see it?

Just now, Ronson said:

H

In my defence mate I missed what happened, as he was coming on I went to syphon the python and when I came downstairs he was going off. How did you see it?

I saw it as he came on already struggling and then went off around 6 minutes later.

My issue is that you can give someone a rating of 5/10 who literally didn't contribute to the game. Based on this the unused subs should get at least 4/10. 

Guest Ronson
1 minute ago, Brammy said:

I saw it as he came on already struggling and then went off around 6 minutes later.

My issue is that you can give someone a rating of 5/10 who literally didn't contribute to the game. Based on this the unused subs should get at least 4/10. 

Fair enough mate, to be fair, I never saw him have a kick so I'll admit to getting that wrong if that's acceptable of course. I now understand what @owlstalk was on about with ref to the Palmer comparison. I did have Fox down as a 6/10 BTW.😀

Just now, Ronson said:

Fair enough mate, to be fair, I never saw him have a kick so I'll admit to getting that wrong if that's acceptable of course. I now understand what @owlstalk was on about with ref to the Palmer comparison. I did have Fox down as a 6/10 BTW.😀

To be fair, when I was reading your post I more or less agreed with your ratings other than Palmer and Odubajo.

Then I saw the Fletcher rating and came to the conclusion that you were either genuinely mistaken, on the wind up, or had escaped from the local asylum. 

Guest Ronson
1 minute ago, Brammy said:

To be fair, when I was reading your post I more or less agreed with your ratings other than Palmer and Odubajo.

Then I saw the Fletcher rating and came to the conclusion that you were either genuinely mistaken, on the wind up, or had escaped from the local asylum. 

Honestly, i gave him five cos as he was coming on I needed a ********, when I came back down he was going off. I got to dash now, there's some blue lights flashing and experience tells me they won't rest until i'm back in my cell.

Palmer I thought was so so. But Odubajo I genuinely thought looked decent in Murphys role.

12 hours ago, Ronson said:

Just stole a wage and then made out he was up for it towards the end of his contract for me. I'll be glad to see the back of him.

15/16 he brought a tiny hint of circus but we didn’t notice as his football was brilliant.

16/17 he was half football, half circus.

17/18, 18/19, 19/20 he’s been all circus and hardly any football of note.

Way overdue being shown the door.

Complete waste of talent. I’m struggling to recall such a high-quality player with so much self-destruction. Though I would add that injuries played their part in his sad decline.

Edited by Holmowl
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

15/16 he brought a tiny hint of circus but we didn’t notice as his football was brilliant.

16/17 he was half football, half circus.

17/18, 18/19, 19/20 he’s been all circus and hardly any football of note.

Way overdue being shown the door.

Complete waste of talent. I’m struggling to recall such a high-quality player with so much self-destruction. Though I would add that injuries played their part in his sad decline.

He’s a fantastic talent but we have just got to get shut. 100%. All we get with him are issues - failure to go on the coach to Norwich, going to training on his bike thinking he’s clever, the racist incident, getting sent off on numerous occasions. Yes, I know he’s had is injuries but there is always a drama with him. 

• Like 4