Fernando Forestieri has heard nothing from the club

4 minutes ago, meggoisgod said:

Bruce played him everytime he was fit?? Proper manager

Did he ?  I’ll take your word for that stat ,  even still under Bruce , or Monk , FF hasn’t looked anywhere near even half the player he was in 15/16 

The debate is tiresome, fan base adores him and won’t accept he isn’t the best player in the league because they think we have the player he was in 15/16 

He’s finished

26 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Forestieri has the talent to force his way into sides at this level, what he clearly doesn’t have is the desire to go alongside it and it’s time the fans started to realise it’s 2020 and the Fernando Forestieri of 2015/16 isn’t coming back 

Can blame managers all day long, even Bruce wasn’t a fan , and I genuinely doubt he would’ve had anymore game time under Bruce than he’s had with Monk 

I mean that's clearly not true.

13 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Surely if he really isn’t up to fitness he shouldn’t be kept on. Shows how serious he takes it and doesn’t seem like he wants to give everything to get a new deal. 

He isn't being kept on

Despite me thinking he doesn’t deserve a contract, he is a far better option than many in the squad today. As are the likes of Westwood, Hutchinson, Winnall etc. Monks ‘principles’ and stubbornness, if indeed it is him, will cost him his job, and might result in us getting relegated. 

• Like 3

Considering he was called out by Bannan earlier this season for not trying hard enough in training this really doesn’t surprise me.

In fact fairness him not playing today probably suits him as he'll have his eyes firmly on a move away from the club.

Hasn't been consistently good ever since he refused to get on the coach to Norwich, really wish we’d cashed in back then.

15 minutes ago, vulva said:

Despite me thinking he doesn’t deserve a contract, he is a far better option than many in the squad today. As are the likes of Westwood, Hutchinson, Winnall etc. Monks ‘principles’ and stubbornness, if indeed it is him, will cost him his job, and might result in us getting relegated. 

This is what gets me. We are in a relegation scrap which will intensify if the EFL dock us points and Monk leaves our best players out.

The worst that can happen to him is the sack. The worst for us is being relegated to league one and we know how difficult it is to get out of that league. 

His arrogance could be our downfall. 

1 minute ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

This is what gets me. We are in a relegation scrap which will intensify if the EFL dock us points and Monk leaves our best players out.

The worst that can happen to him is the sack. The worst for us is being relegated to league one and we know how difficult it is to get out of that league. 

His arrogance could be our downfall. 

He isn't our best player he's our best as been

16 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Considering he was called out by Bannan earlier this season for not trying hard enough in training this really doesn’t surprise me.

In fact fairness him not playing today probably suits him as he'll have his eyes firmly on a move away from the club.

Hasn't been consistently good ever since he refused to get on the coach to Norwich, really wish we’d cashed in back then.

Agree with this Trev

Regarding the Norwich incident, I think the problem was at the time, he was our best player our main threat and the previous season won us many points single handedly. I think most fans would have been in uproar if he had been sold at that time.

If we could guarantee we would have the FF we had that first season I wouldn't think twice about offering him a new deal, him and Knockhaert at Brighton were the 2 best players in the Championship then. 

Sadly I think that ship has sailed.

• Like 1

Don't get how a guy who effectively kicked off til he got a pay rise, and then has done sod all since getting that money and is still on a big fat contract contributing nothing is held in such high regard by some. 

He's talented, but his race here is run and not cashing in in him after that first CC season was one of the reasons we're in this position now

• Like 4

Guest Ronson
2 minutes ago, Stoop said:

Apart from that wonder goal against Norwich I’m genuinely struggling to think what else he’s done in the last 3 years 

Just stole a wage and then made out he was up for it towards the end of his contract for me. I'll be glad to see the back of him.