Odds on first Championship manager to get sacked

Would be pointless sacking someone before the end of the season. 

in fact, given what’s happening with Covid etc., I actually think it will be more difficult to attract managers than before as they will have to consider issues like family, relocation. Not saying they don’t do normally, i just think there’s more risks involved; regardless of the money.

• Like 2

He’s not getting sacked anytime soon, no chance. More likely that he’d walk. 

DC’s track record at pulling the trigger is appalling really. He waited until both Carlos and Luhukay were drawing their last breath before pulling the trigger. 

Outside of that I’m not sure what sacking Monk achieves anyway. He’s not even had a year yet. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, striker said:

Good odds considering.

Surely Monk has to be in last chance saloon and needs to hit the ground running.

If we don’t win on Saturday, his head is well and truly on the chopping block as it would’ve been had football had continued as originally scheduled?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, vulva said:

He’s out of contract in 2 weeks. Why would they sack him?

If it's a rolling contract he'll still need to be sacked, just the club won't owe him compensation when they do (as the guaranteed term (one year) has been honoured).

edit: if it was a 12 month contract, it wouldn't be over until September 

Edited by bobness

6 hours ago, NeonLeon said:

DC’s track record at pulling the trigger is appalling really. He waited until both Carlos and Luhukay were drawing their last breath before pulling the trigger. 

Outside of that I’m not sure what sacking Monk achieves anyway. He’s not even had a year yet. 

And what a year it’s been eh. Best players frozen out, signings that can’t get in the team, a relegation battle, and hillsborough empty at half time every week. Can’t wait for next season.

• Like 3

I would have thought Monk would have been top of the list alongside the Hull manager although it could be argued that McCann had his two best players sold by the club in the January window.

Bowyer got Charlton promoted from League 1 and with little investment it was always going to be tough.

Monk since Christmas has been truly abysmal with shocking results and performances lockdown saved his job in my view.

Monk was fired by Swansea, fired by Boro and fired by Brum.

• Like 1

He has taken just 9 points out of a possible 45 if he has not been sacked with that run he never will be. Finally DC has found someone as bad managing the team as he is managing the club lol

In other news I see Jos is trying to get Relegated again in Germany, who ever though this guy was a good manager needs to retire. :duntmatter:

Edited by room0035
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, NeonLeon said:

We stop the alarming decline that could result in relegation WITHOUT a deduction, players might actually play for Bullen for a few games. The dyer football will be improved upon. Our best players might get a game. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Mus said:

Interesting! Is there something we don't know I wonder.

I don’t think there is anything in it at the minute but it could change pretty quickly?

That said a change before the end of the season would only result in Bullen being made caretaker again 🙄 for the remainder of the campaign.

I am expecting a new manager in before the start of next season though, nothing I’ve seen or heard makes me believe Monk will be nothing more than a short term appointment.

• Like 1