Odds on first Championship manager to get sacked

1 minute ago, Jim said:

I don’t think there is anything in it at the minute but it could change pretty quickly?

That said a change before the end of the season would only result in Bullen being made caretaker again 🙄 for the remainder of the campaign.

I am expecting a new manager in before the start of next season though, nothing I’ve seen or heard makes me believe Monk will be nothing more than a short term appointment.

A new manager, I hope so, somehow don't think it's worked for Monk. Nothing personal as I was well pleased when we got him but it's not been a success.

7 minutes ago, Mus said:

A new manager, I hope so, somehow don't think it's worked for Monk. Nothing personal as I was well pleased when we got him but it's not been a success.

Thing for me is there are several reasons reading between the lines why I think he’s not a long term appointment?

One, the Chairman’s apparent lack of enthusiasm when initially unveiling him as our new manager?

Two, Only being allowed to bring in one staff member.

Three, All transfers in January were loans apart from Hidalgo which I don’t believe was a Monk signing?

Four, His attitude with regards to some established senior players, Hutchinson and Westwood?

In summary nothing he has done so far here has screamed long term and his general track record doesn’t scream long term either.

The rumours back in February/March with regards to Caixhana suggests we’re already looking for someone else?

• Like 1

I said at the time he was appointed that it felt like a short term appointment. The fact He hasn't been allowed to bring his own backroom team in speaks volumes for me. 

A bad panic decision by DC in my view. 

• Like 1

If he was a short term appointment then I’d be putting the feelers back out for hughton. Clearly hasn’t had the prem offer he was waiting for, and the rumour is finances are holding him back from the Birmingham job. As good a manager as we could get and probably far more trusted to reshape this squad*

*court case pending

19 hours ago, NeonLeon said:

He’s not getting sacked anytime soon, no chance. More likely that he’d walk. 

DC’s track record at pulling the trigger is appalling really. He waited until both Carlos and Luhukay were drawing their last breath before pulling the trigger. 

Outside of that I’m not sure what sacking Monk achieves anyway. He’s not even had a year yet

And look how much damage Monk has done in such a relatively short amount of time.

This time last year we’d just gone on a great run under Bruce and 90% of the fanbase couldn’t wait for a potential promotion push in 2019/20.

It feels like that was a lifetime ago.  And now 90% of our fans have relegation worries, with practically the same set of players.

That’s the Monk effect.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

With our current owner there’s shorter odds on Monk signing a 3 year contract than being sacked in the next 9 games.  Something we have to get used to till a new owner comes in sadly 

If Monk is still in charge come the end of the next 9 games we won't need a points deduction because we will have dropped into the bottom 3 on our own.

For me he has 2 games and we needs ideally at least 3, or he should be gone, then at least we could get a new manager bounce to get us up the league and out of trouble and worry about the right manager next season.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, room0035 said:

If Monk is still in charge come the end of the next 9 games we won't need a points deduction because we will have dropped into the bottom 3 on our own.

For me he has 2 games and we needs ideally at least 3, or he should be gone, then at least we could get a new manager bounce to get us up the league and out of trouble and worry about the right manager next season.

Cloud cuckoo land

• Like 2

On 16/06/2020 at 15:59, oneeyedmilkman said:

If he was a short term appointment then I’d be putting the feelers back out for hughton. Clearly hasn’t had the prem offer he was waiting for, and the rumour is finances are holding him back from the Birmingham job. As good a manager as we could get and probably far more trusted to reshape this squad*

*court case pending

There is no court case pending.

• Like 1

We are about to go into the shortest close season ever.  If we were looking to change the manager, we needed to do it in the Covid break.  We need to have all our targets lined up and ready to sign now.