Alex Miller - Lee Bullen

1 minute ago, pazowl55 said:

I actually think we will do quite well when we return. Think we will win more than we will lose. 

You will be surprised what the pressure of playing to a big crowd can do for the performance of a player. Especially if all you receive is abuse when you are just touching the ball letalone making a bad pass. 

We have a lot of players that will come out of there shell a bit with less pressure.

I honestly think you will see us hit the form of before xmas behind closed doors.

I do think things will be different in general should play resume as we have already seen in Bundesliga 2 both Hamburg and Stuttgart have had slow starts after the resumption. I totally expect Leeds to collapse and Fulham to take advantage. As for us, we could surprise but Monk has to drop Dawson and Pelupessy first but I’m pretty sure he won’t?

4 hours ago, Daizan10 said:

Ive seen this opinion that "its all bullens fault" on facebook. The man has no influence on the tactics and attitude of the players asside from what he can impart in training sessions. I've not seen any of the attitude issues that seem to reflect in the rest of the squad (supposedly all from KW and SH, if you read between the lines of Monks utterings.) Bullen has always displayed a positive attitude and if he wants to aim high, i'm not going to hold it against him. UTO!

I think it’s more he’s arguably filling the place of someone who can come in and do those things you’ve mentioned 

3 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I do think things will be different in general should play resume as we have already seen in Bundesliga 2 both Hamburg and Stuttgart have had slow starts after the resumption. I totally expect Leeds to collapse and Fulham to take advantage. As for us, we could surprise but Monk has to drop Dawson and Pelupessy first but I’m pretty sure he won’t?

Dawson should have been dropped well before that shambolic Brentford display, his goalkeeping in that was shocking. As for Pessy he should never be anywhere near the team. As you say though I fully expect them both to start when play is resumed. 

Everyone keeps saying ‘when we were third in the league at Christmas etc etc’

To be fair I’m beginning to get fed up of hearing it as in reality we were only third for about 5 minutes 

The reason we aren’t there now has been well documented and discussed on this forum but let’s be honest our play this season has often been disjointed and we were often quite lucky in the games up to Xmas to take maximum points

I constantly hear fans voicing their frustration having witnessed first hand the painstaking way we attack, the stupid mistakes our defenders and keepers make, the total lack of movement for throw-ins and our inability to try anything new from free-kicks and don’t get me on our shooting ability - what the hell does our attackers do In training every day! - do they actually practice shooting as I don’t see much evidence either during pre-match warm up or during the games.

For these points alone I do criticize people like Lee Bullen and all the so called trainers at SWFC after all when can we actually say we have seen something new that catches our opponents out and results in a well worked goal that becomes a major talking point to the thousands of fans as they make their way home.

Messrs Bullen and all  the 1st team trainers, while probably very nice people ought to look very closely at their training methods and regimes as more often than not during games we are pedestrian, lack any degree of confidence and constantly commit schoolboy errors.

Surely if our trainers did their job properly and brought some new ideas to the way we play then we might actually be challenging for promotion for longer than just the 5 minutes we were around Xmas 2019

For the hours we travel, for the money we spend and the commitment we as supporters make surely we deserve to see something that makes it all worthwhile.

i live in hope !

12 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I know players and coaches have to show optimism in public but I laughed out loud when I read Bullen state we are aiming for a top 6 finish.

For anyone wanting to know exactly what Lee Bullen said that has caused this thread, and the Bullen Bashers to call for his head here it is...

“Ultimately we've still got to go out with the aim to win every single game," said the Scot, who has been the Owls' caretaker boss on three separate occasions.

"Until it's mathematically impossible to sneak into the top six then it's pointless saying anything else

"The target is still there and it's still mathematically possible. There are teams one or two places above us in the league that rightly fully believe that they can make a late charge.

"Listen, we're not stupid. We know it's going to be a very, very tough ask and that we've put ourselves into this predicament, but we've also proven earlier on in the season that we can go on a good run."

“The games we've got left are against teams that are all around us as well, so they become six-pointers; the Forests, the Bristol Citys, the Prestons," Bullen told The Star.

“These are games that can be relished. And if it doesn't work out then we can use these games as part of our preparation towards next season as well.

“But until it goes that way and it isn't mathematically possible then we have to go for it. Am I being naive? Maybe, but I just think that if it's still there to be grabbed then that's good enough for me to think we should aim for that."

Owlstalk Shop

Owlstalk schizophrenia as demonstrated in one post

We need someone who understands the club

We need to get rid of someone who understands the club

We need someone passionate involved

We need to get rid of someone passionate 

We need stability

We don't need this type of stability

Lee Bullen is for people of a certain type of age a legend. Not for all but some

Is he a lynchpin of all that has gone wrong the last 5 years? Maybe? The last 20? Absolutely not.

I can bet in many other clubs message boards up and down the country there is not this much talk about a coach of the team and it is only because of his longstanding owls connections that he is seen as a point of discussion.

I can bet that if he was a semi successful manager of say a championship club in scotland people who claim to dislike with such venom would be passionate about bringing him to the club in the same manner as carbone, Nilsson, hell, even di Canio (and dare I say the likes of megson)

My view: he, personally, has done nothing AS A COACH or caretaker to demonstrate why he should be either got rid of or be victim to such vitriol

1 minute ago, Chris Apolon said:

Owlstalk schizophrenia as demonstrated in one post

We need someone who understands the club

We need to get rid of someone who understands the club

We need someone passionate involved

We need to get rid of someone passionate 

We need stability

We don't need this type of stability

Lee Bullen is for people of a certain type of age a legend. Not for all but some

Is he a lynchpin of all that has gone wrong the last 5 years? Maybe? The last 20? Absolutely not.

I can bet in many other clubs message boards up and down the country there is not this much talk about a coach of the team and it is only because of his longstanding owls connections that he is seen as a point of discussion.

I can bet that if he was a semi successful manager of say a championship club in scotland people who claim to dislike with such venom would be passionate about bringing him to the club in the same manner as carbone, Nilsson, hell, even di Canio (and dare I say the likes of megson)

My view: he, personally, has done nothing AS A COACH or caretaker to demonstrate why he should be either got rid of or be victim to such vitriol

Yeah but it's on Facebook that he should go so......

Owlstalk Shop

6 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Not sure what you mean?

Are you saying we should sack anyone with ambition and positive mental attitudes?

In the papers yesterday a couple of Wednesday players were saying they think we could go on a run and finish top 6

Should we sack them too?

Or is this just another Lee Bullen bashing thread?

Sounds like he hasn’t been on the Scottish Fire Water. Statistically we have been one of the worst sides in the league since Xmas. Think we should be concentrating on the relegation battle and survival this season.

5 hours ago, Daizan10 said:

I had assumed when we were 3rd that we would get 2nd and then have a massive deduction and finish 7th. That's the Wednesday way. But we found an even more Wednesday way of not getting any points for 3 months. 

But we found an even more Wednesday way of not getting any points for 3 months. 

This may surprise you but we took 22points in the three months from Dec 7th to March 7th when the last game was played. 

Always look on the bright side of life

39 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Yeah but it's on Facebook that he should go so......

Oh, if that is the case then he should definetly go! 

As i've seen on facebook, they all know best about Covid 19, bringing up kids, cycling , jogging etc..... so they must be right.

to be honest I can see bullen been back in charge soon ,he must be on  a low salary and I think massive cost cutting will take place this summer ,I doubt chansiri will want the administration route which most clubs will be doing in the very near future.

15 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

I doubt chansiri will want the administration route which most clubs will be doing in the very near future.

I am struggling to remember any member of the site that has ever been as pessimistic about everything as you are mate

lol

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I am struggling to remember any member of the site that has ever been as pessimistic about everything as you are mate

lol

nowt pessimistic just realistic , the only reason clubs are trying to play is for sky money /worldwide tv money ,without that administration and clubs going bankrupt will happen before the summer , if you can tell me different im all ears , lockdown = meltdown . a lot have been boozing in the back garden while been furloughed probably trying to pretend the worst wont happen ,losing a well paid job and then not been able to pay the mortgage is a scary thought for lots of people . im fine m8 im lucky , my job is safe ,I own my home , believe it or not im quite a happy person .

9 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

nowt pessimistic just realistic , the only reason clubs are trying to play is for sky money /worldwide tv money ,without that administration and clubs going bankrupt will happen before the summer , if you can tell me different im all ears , lockdown = meltdown . a lot have been boozing in the back garden while been furloughed probably trying to pretend the worst wont happen ,losing a well paid job and then not been able to pay the mortgage is a scary thought for lots of people . im fine m8 im lucky , my job is safe ,I own my home , believe it or not im quite a happy person .

Fair enough - it's just your posts sometimes read like the end of the world!

lol

Owlstalk Shop

Comforting to know that Forest 4th, Preston 5th & Bristol 6th are 'around' us in the table ... Wednesday 15th :image:

And as Brentford are on the same points as Forest I wonder why he didn't mention them as catchable ... Maybe slipping 5 up us has fogged his brain.