Alex Miller - Lee Bullen

“Alex Miller: 

Sheffield Wednesday players will head to training today for the first time since March 17.

Lee Bullen told me that while it will be tough, the Owls ambition remains a place in the playoffs, should football resume.

#SWFC“

Players shielded and too comfortable. Delusions of grandeur like this. We are currently the worst side in the division and every fan wants the season ended. Lee you’ve been a superb servant for the club, but this isn’t helping anyone anymore.

Reset button needed. 

Edited by DielnaFromDistance
  • Haha 5

Not sure what you mean?

Are you saying we should sack anyone with ambition and positive mental attitudes?

In the papers yesterday a couple of Wednesday players were saying they think we could go on a run and finish top 6

Should we sack them too?

Or is this just another Lee Bullen bashing thread?

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, DielnaFromDistance said:

“Alex Miller: 

Sheffield Wednesday players will head to training today for the first time since March 17.

Lee Bullen told me that while it will be tough, the Owls ambition remains a place in the playoffs, should football resume.

#SWFC“

Players shielded and too comfortable. Delusions of grandeur like this. We are currently the worst side in the division and every fan wants the season ended. Lee you’ve been a superb servant for the club, but this isn’t helping anyone anymore.

Reset button needed. 

What did you expect him to say

Guest wilyfox

Players and coaches have to delude themselves. That's how they strive for something. They can't afford to be realistic. Conviction is needed to make things happen. I'd be worried if they weren't talking up their chances. No good taking self-doubt onto the pitch. 

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Not sure what you mean?

Are you saying we should sack anyone with ambition and positive mental attitudes?

In the papers yesterday a couple of Wednesday players were saying they think we could go on a run and finish top 6

Should we sack them too?

Or is this just another Lee Bullen bashing thread?

Dawson, Pelupessy and Da Cruz line up for the first match back and then Bullen wakes up to reality.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DielnaFromDistance said:

“Alex Miller: 

#SWFC“

Reset button needed. 

What the fiddlesticks are you talking about sailor?

• Haha 1

Ive seen this opinion that "its all bullens fault" on facebook. The man has no influence on the tactics and attitude of the players asside from what he can impart in training sessions. I've not seen any of the attitude issues that seem to reflect in the rest of the squad (supposedly all from KW and SH, if you read between the lines of Monks utterings.) Bullen has always displayed a positive attitude and if he wants to aim high, i'm not going to hold it against him. UTO!

1 minute ago, Daizan10 said:

Ive seen this opinion that "its all bullens fault" on facebook. The man has no influence on the tactics and attitude of the players asside from what he can impart in training sessions. I've not seen any of the attitude issues that seem to reflect in the rest of the squad (supposedly all from KW and SH, if you read between the lines of Monks utterings.) Bullen has always displayed a positive attitude and if he wants to aim high, i'm not going to hold it against him. UTO!

What’s he doing as part of the senior coaching set up then? 
What’s his job?

If the season starts again a few people could be surprised at how it turns out. It’s almost a mini stand alone season and at the start of every season one team always starts well where as the “favourite” can slip up with draws and losses.
Any outside team who picks up 6-9 points in the first three could think hang on we only have 6 games left if we have a run “playing for our contracts” we could achieve something in a short space of time. 

Just now, DielnaFromDistance said:

What’s his job?

If you don’t know what he does how can you blame him for anything?

This Lee Bullen bashing is so tiresome

Its the latest fad that someone has read someone else say so they join in blindly 

Owlstalk Shop

Why not?

who knows what sort of form we will be in relative to the other teams, or impact of an empty stadium. Might work for us.

i would personally hang a contract with lots of pound notes there on on the hooks of Nuhiu and fletcher in the dressing room and tell them they get the pen if they bully every back 4 from now on and get us into the play offs.

then tell rest of them we are going full Wilko tactics, give it a wallop , get down the sides and beat teams up.

Just now, @owlstalk said:

If you don’t know what he does how can you blame him for anything?

This Lee Bullen bashing is so tiresome

Its the latest fad that someone has read someone else say so they join in blindly 

I’ve just asked a question of someone who replied to me if you’ve like to include that in the full quote. Thanks gents 

1 minute ago, DielnaFromDistance said:

What’s his job?

At the end of the day the tactics will be decided by monk. He will be given a job (drill the defence/work outt set peice positioning), and will have input into tactics, but if the boss man wants to play long ball to the target man then long ball to the target man we will play. 

2 minutes ago, DielnaFromDistance said:

I’ve just asked a question of someone who replied to me if you’ve like to include that in the full quote. Thanks gents 

But if you don’t know what job he does at SWFC how can you possibly lay any blame at his door and call for his head?

It seems it’s the cool thing to say to say Bullen must go because that’s what other cool kids are saying

But at least have something factual to back it up with or an explanation of why he’s underperforming and should be replaced

Anything else is just shouting at bus stops

Owlstalk Shop

Guest wilyfox
7 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Dawson, Pelupessy and Da Cruz line up for the first match back and then Bullen wakes up to reality.

Why do you want Bullen to wake up to reality? Do we want a team taking the field already beaten in mind. Do we want a team with the mentality of Jordan Rhodes, so lacking in self-belief he declined a playoff penalty? They have to believe they're capable, and have the confidence to deliver. 

2 minutes ago, Asio otus said:

Get into the play offs then be deducted 15 points, lol

I had assumed when we were 3rd that we would get 2nd and then have a massive deduction and finish 7th. That's the Wednesday way. But we found an even more Wednesday way of not getting any points for 3 months. 

Edited by Daizan10
  • Haha 1

I don't think playoff talk sits right considering what has been produced since Boxing day.

If he is asked for quotes talk about turning things round, working hard and repaying the fans support.

That way you are positive but in a more realistic way.

Just my thoughts

• Haha 1