Alex Miller - Lee Bullen

8 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

If you don’t know what he does how can you blame him for anything?

This Lee Bullen bashing is so tiresome

Its the latest fad that someone has read someone else say so they join in blindly 

As his job is to coach, and his outfield position was a defender, I’d love to know what he thinks to the defensive frailties that have come to the fore this season. 

What are his responsibilities ? 

Edited by Sergeant Tibbs

6 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

As his job is to coach, and his outfield position was a defender, I’d love to know what he thinks to the defensive frailties that have come to the fore this season. 

I think that's an excellent starting position.

It's definitely missing from the Bullen Bashers that just want him sacked. They should maybe start with your points and question instead

Owlstalk Shop

22 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

But those frailties weren’t there as much, or as bad, in the first half of the season 

Edited by Miffed

9 hours ago, DielnaFromDistance said:

“Alex Miller: 

Sheffield Wednesday players will head to training today for the first time since March 17.

Lee Bullen told me that while it will be tough, the Owls ambition remains a place in the playoffs, should football resume.

#SWFC“

Players shielded and too comfortable. Delusions of grandeur like this. We are currently the worst side in the division and every fan wants the season ended. Lee you’ve been a superb servant for the club, but this isn’t helping anyone anymore.

Reset button needed. 

I want to jump in bed with Megan Fox, I know which is more likely to happen and it isn't the play offs.

3 hours ago, handworth52 said:

nowt pessimistic just realistic , the only reason clubs are trying to play is for sky money /worldwide tv money ,without that administration and clubs going bankrupt will happen before the summer , if you can tell me different im all ears , lockdown = meltdown . a lot have been boozing in the back garden while been furloughed probably trying to pretend the worst wont happen ,losing a well paid job and then not been able to pay the mortgage is a scary thought for lots of people . im fine m8 im lucky , my job is safe ,I own my home , believe it or not im quite a happy person .

League one and two teams " skymoney/worldwide tv money"don't think so fella,they'll go "bust" for wants of a better word because they are paying out,without anything coming in,that should be of concern for all EFL supporting teams fans,theres more of em,theres more fans go to those games than the £8 billion out of control premier league monster.

I can see both sides of the debate.

I, like I think most Wednesday fans, have loads of time for Lee and I think he's right to be as ambitious as possible. It is mathematically possible and looking at the league there is no side that is that consistent over the last 5/6 games bar Leeds. You don't know what will happen with it now with everything that has gone on.

Do I think play offs are possible for Wednesday? No. But I'd rather the players and management were positive in order to try and achieve something than just give up.

11 hours ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Sorry, I’m missing your point - it doesn’t really answer the 2 questions I asked.

I don’t know what Bullen’s role is.

The point is, why are people questioning Bullen now?

Why weren’t people asking these things earlier in the season. When we beat L**ds away, did you wonder what Bullen thought of our defence?

Dont get me wrong, I have my reservations about Bullen and my reasons, however most negative opinions on here seem to be based on a knee jerk reaction because someone posted something on Facebook. 

32 minutes ago, Miffed said:

The point is, why are people questioning Bullen now?

Why weren’t people asking these things earlier in the season. When we beat L**ds away, did you wonder what Bullen thought of our defence?

Dont get me wrong, I have my reservations about Bullen and my reasons, however most negative opinions on here seem to be based on a knee jerk reaction because someone posted something on Facebook. 

You’re missing my point completely. 
I don’t know what his role is. 
He’s been here the same length of time as Hutchinson and Westwood etc. 
When the s£!t hits the fan, he always seems to come out unscathed. 
If there’s gonna be a clear out, for me he can go.

47 minutes ago, Miffed said:

however most negative opinions on here seem to be based on a knee jerk reaction because someone posted something on Facebook. 

Two reasons people are saying it:

1) Someone posted it on Facebook and they saw it there

2) One of their mates has said it

That's it really let's be honest

Owlstalk Shop

17 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Dawson should have been dropped well before that shambolic Brentford display, his goalkeeping in that was shocking. As for Pessy he should never be anywhere near the team. As you say though I fully expect them both to start when play is resumed. 

There biggest problem is the pressure and expectation that they face from the crowd. We will see more confident players behind closed doors.

19 hours ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

League one and two teams " skymoney/worldwide tv money"don't think so fella,they'll go "bust" for wants of a better word because they are paying out,without anything coming in,that should be of concern for all EFL supporting teams fans,theres more of em,theres more fans go to those games than the £8 billion out of control premier league monster.

yer but premier league have to pay football league clubs a certain amount out of that tv money , the football league clubs got some money upfront in late march/april I believe , now all football league clubs are behind with wages,rent and so on there is just no way they can survive unless every players contract is voided ,but legally would that be allowed? I think not.