Alex Miller - Lee Bullen

Guest wilyfox
17 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Lets face it, there’s more chance of us going down for a variety of reasons, granted some out of Monk/Bullen’s control than challenging for the play-offs?

Bullen’s the type of bloke who on his death bed would probably sing ‘oh what a beautiful morning’? I get it, he’s positive, nothing wrong with that and good for him.

I look at it from a different perspective. The unqualified faith in a goalkeeper who is quite frankly sh!t. F**k me, if this was Tidman, Adamson or Brad Jones, people on here would be going apoplectic but because our current keeper has come through the ranks, he’s done a Paul McKenna on some including the current manager? The continuing selection of a midfielder who’s influence on a game makes Darren Potter look like Eden Hazard in comparison? I mean sorry if I’m not as positive as Bullen but in the current climate, honestly how can you be?

I get the negativity from fans' perspective. I'm a realist myself. What I don't understand is why people think Bullen should share that mentality - and criticise him for not doing so. Like I said, the players & coaches have to/should believe they can achieve. Without conviction, there's no point. 

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

would have preferred him to say something along the lines of we are desperate to improve our form since Christmas, it’s hasnt been acceptable and we want to repay the fans. 

Aye,but if he or Monk had said "we want to repay the fans" he/they would have been torn a new one for coming out with Platitudes,lose,lose situation.

42 minutes ago, DielnaFromDistance said:

I didn’t expect anyone to jump on anything. Nor did I ask for anyone to scream Bullen Out. Don’t think I said it myself either. I didn’t talk about his Coaching ability and I didn’t talk about a personal agenda, because I don’t know him. 

I said that, in my opinion, talking about trying to get in the Play Offs was a delusion and wasn’t helping. 

You’re questioning me on lots of things I didn’t say which isn’t really how discussion works 

But,you also said "Reset button" needed at the end of your post......................what exactly are/were you implying with regards to bullen then ?

Bullen is part of the wider problem down at Hillsborough. Too many people far too comfortable getting an easy ride, as monk has referred to. It’s all well and good people talking about a clear out and starting again, in reference to getting rid of players this summer (which I agree with), but in order to properly change the existing culture there needs to be a refresh throughout the club 

Just now, dantheowl16 said:

Bullen is part of the wider problem down at Hillsborough. Too many people far too comfortable getting an easy ride, as monk has referred to. It’s all well and good people talking about a clear out and starting again, in reference to getting rid of players this summer (which I agree with), but in order to properly change the existing culture there needs to be a refresh throughout the club 

How come,if Bullen is part of the wider problem,has he been kept on the coaching staff by different Managers,and taken the Helm during our search for a new Manger ?

1 minute ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

How come,if Bullen is part of the wider problem,has he been kept on the coaching staff by different Managers,and taken the Helm during our search for a new Manger ?

Perhaps DC has insisted Bullen stays on? A way of repaying Bullen for not getting the permanent gig. 

That's a post from someone who as no idea as what goes on in the set up 

If we are poor let's nail bullen must be his fault lets blame him for the last 50years of our non success

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

Perhaps DC has insisted Bullen stays on? A way of repaying Bullen for not getting the permanent gig. 

Perhaps this,Perhaps that,means nowt really does it,A job out of Sympathy.......................Don't think thats how it works TBH.

15 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

would have preferred him to say something along the lines of we are desperate to improve our form since Christmas, it’s hasnt been acceptable and we want to repay the fans. 

Maybe so. He knows the players better than any of us and with players like Odubajo coming out recently having struggled with depression maybe the team just need an arm round them to aid the break they’ve had away from losing every week? 

15 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Exactly, Bullen is the one constant.

We keep sacking managers but Bullen stays, where’s his accountability for poor results?

Edited by dantheowl16

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Let’s be honest 

People love bashing Bullen without actually any facts to show us as to what he personally has done wrong

This argument that nobody knows the facts could be made about any opinion on football, of course we don’t know all the facts. 

The other way of looking at this is what has he personally done right?

The other way of looking at this is that Bullen is the one constant...

We keep sacking managers but Bullen stays, where’s his accountability for poor results?

Might just be me,but i've never heard Bullen flim flam in post match interviews,either as the Temporary/first team manager or when asked to do post match by Monk,he's a Hands up "we weren't very good/we were awful today" kind of fella,thats him accepting accountability....................................But hey thats just me.

Just now, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Might just be me,but i've never heard Bullen flim flam in post match interviews,either as the Temporary/first team manager or when asked to do post match by Monk,he's a Hands up "we weren't very good/we were awful today" kind of fella,thats him accepting accountability....................................But hey thats just me.

So that’s what it takes for Bullen to be worth keeping, the fact he comes out after a match and is honest enough to say we weren’t good enough. 😂😂

He’s been a constant part of the coaching setup for the last few seasons where we’ve drastically underperformed, Carlos got sacked, Jos got sacked and this season the performances since Christmas have been some of the worst I’ve ever seen (including last time out) - these managers have got sacked, or in Monk’s case, have a lot of people calling for them to be sacked, yet Bullen stays. Why?

1 minute ago, dantheowl16 said:

So that’s what it takes for Bullen to be worth keeping, the fact he comes out after a match and is honest enough to say we weren’t good enough. 😂😂

He’s been a constant part of the coaching setup for the last few seasons where we’ve drastically underperformed, Carlos got sacked, Jos got sacked and this season the performances since Christmas have been some of the worst I’ve ever seen (including last time out) - these managers have got sacked, or in Monk’s case, have a lot of people calling for them to be sacked, yet Bullen stays. Why?

Maybe he stays is because the people within don't blame him for our results

11 minutes ago, dantheowl16 said:

You asked where was his "Accountability",i gave you an example,like it,Don't like it,makes no odds,but an example none the less.

Perhaps,and i'm just spit balling here,Bullen is kept on because he's a decent Coach,maybe not decent enough for the Full time gig,but a decent coach none the less,and the "Continuity" needed between the "management" of the team during the search for or the appointment of a new Manger/Head Coach.

Hey,thats just my opinion,carries no greater weight than anyone else's.

Edited by BARMYARMY2010

13 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Aye it’s all Bullens fault 

lol

Never said it was ‘all’ Bullen’s fault, but he’s at least got to be part of the problem. He’s been a constant in an underperforming coaching setup for several seasons now, under various managers

39 minutes ago, dantheowl16 said:

But what makes you think Bullen is happy getting an easy ride? Strikes me aiming high and wanting an "easy ride" are two things that don't usually go together. You cant get to the top by taking the easy route. I agree there is something wrong with the majority of the players, but I dont see any evidence to sugest it has anything to do with Bullen, except hes been there a long time. Which is an argument similar to the "tiger stone" in the Simpsons. 

3 minutes ago, dantheowl16 said:

Never said it was ‘all’ Bullen’s fault, but he’s at least got to be part of the problem. He’s been a constant in an underperforming coaching setup for several seasons now, under various managers

And this stone I have here gets rid of tigers..... 
Well, do you see any tigers???