Latest Plans on Finishing The Season

3 minutes ago, Rogers said:

Where do they get these tests from; it takes 1 minute to test or to receive the result? 

Who is processing the testing? Do they get priority? 

Dont know, but any test  takes capacity away from those who genuinely need it.

6 minutes ago, Rogers said:

Where do they get these tests from; it takes 1 minute to test or to receive the result? 

Who is processing the testing? Do they get priority? 

Swab testing usually takes 2 to 3 days to get the results, my daughter in law who is an intensive care nurse finally managed to get one done last week.

There is a finger tail blood test that is fairly instant but availability is very limited. 

edit that should read fingerprick 

Edited by Hookowl
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Guest Mcguigan
1 hour ago, Liam_Baggies said:

I agree with you

i do not want a promotion handed to me - we’ve achieved nothing yet.

and we have games against Fulham and Brentford to come.  Points and places are up for grabs.

i remember a scenario where Wolves were 11 points clear of us with 9 games to play and we over turned the deficit & beat them to promotion.

likewise our great escape season, bottom since before Christmas but surviving on the final day.. 

there is no given in sport. Nothing has been won.

PPG is reasonable but it’s messy. It obviously is not safe to return and clubs are severely going to struggle without a match day income.

stop the bleed in’ circus and void the lot of it.

were making the game look absolutely pathetic. 

As we’ll be entering our 20th season out of the top flight, I’m not sure I’d share your view if we were 6 points clear with 9 games left.

17 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

Swab testing usually takes 2 to 3 days to get the results, my daughter in law who is an intensive care nurse finally managed to get one done last week.

There is a finger tail blood test that is fairly instant but availability is very limited. 

edit that should read fingerprick 

It is part of a £4m agreement between the Premier League and Hong Kong-based genetic testing company Prenetics according to the BBC article.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Liam_Baggies said:

I agree with you

i do not want a promotion handed to me - we’ve achieved nothing yet.

and we have games against Fulham and Brentford to come.  Points and places are up for grabs.

i remember a scenario where Wolves were 11 points clear of us with 9 games to play and we over turned the deficit & beat them to promotion.

likewise our great escape season, bottom since before Christmas but surviving on the final day.. 

there is no given in sport. Nothing has been won.

PPG is reasonable but it’s messy. It obviously is not safe to return and clubs are severely going to struggle without a match day income.

stop the bleed in’ circus and void the lot of it.

were making the game look absolutely pathetic. 

Fair play Liam.  Excellent post especially when you could easily be blinkered and have blind faith in finishing the season. 

I have pretty much been on the void the season bus for a while. Appreciate my views may be different if Wednesday were pushing for promotion. Just amazed we are not as is the Wednesday Way. 

Lots can happen in 9 or 10 games and historically that has been thd case. 

2 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

It is part of a £4m agreement between the Premier League and Hong Kong-based genetic testing company Prenetics according to the BBC article.

Sky must really be putting the squeeze on the premier league to resume the season. 

7 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Sky must really be putting the squeeze on the premier league to resume the season. 

They have realised that without football they really don't have much of an offering... suspect that they are being totally smashed by Netflix at the moment

To maintain their model they HAVE to have football being broadcast

10 minutes ago, matt68owls said:

the government has just announced extending furloughing for another 4 months till October, surely they are not going to let football start very soon if the country is going to remain on hold.

But I believe plan is cutting furloughing to 60% which is probably not enough for a lot of people, I know banks are helping with loan and mortgage payments at moment but I doubt they would be keen on it continuing for another few months. 

20 minutes ago, Hirstys_12th_Pint said:

Fair play Liam.  Excellent post especially when you could easily be blinkered and have blind faith in finishing the season. 

I have pretty much been on the void the season bus for a while. Appreciate my views may be different if Wednesday were pushing for promotion. Just amazed we are not as is the Wednesday Way. 

Lots can happen in 9 or 10 games and historically that has been thd case. 

cheers mate

my blind faith is in trying to save the football league.

promotions means nothing to me if the football pyramid is ruined with clubs going bust..

now is a great time for football in this country to reform itself... it won’t happen mind.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, happy bunny said:

So let me get this right

Football is installing an intensive testing system that tests non-essential workers as priority

Ridiculous isnt it.

Apart from family the vast majority of my 65 years as been centerd around football but my love for the game is being rapidly diminished by the selfishness & greed that dominates football currently.

7 minutes ago, bradowl said:

But I believe plan is cutting furloughing to 60% which is probably not enough for a lot of people, I know banks are helping with loan and mortgage payments at moment but I doubt they would be keen on it continuing for another few months. 

Workers will continue to receive the same level of support at 80pc of their current salary up to £2,500 a month, he confirmed. However, he said employers will need to share the burden of paying salaries with the Government, implying that some of this will be paid by businesses. Further details will be published by the end of May. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/consumer-affairs/furlough-scheme-end-claim-pay-uk/

Edited by Hookowl

50 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Will the ref have to sanitise his whistle every time he uses it?

Could be problematic. 

The handwash break after every throw in is also going to slow the game down, or are the players all wearing gloves and full ppe?

3 hours ago, Asio otus said:

This governments incompetence will bring on a second wave which will put next season in doubt never mind this one !!

Why not give Boris a ring and tell him how to sort it out.

Though I suspect he ain't that bothered about bickering football clubs/authorities.

Many businesses will go bust many more people will die...I bet he doesn't give a shyte about leeds missing out...or west ham 'losing' £100m.

I' m a football fan and I don't.

1 hour ago, bradowl said:

No, they are leaving it at 80%

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, matt68owls said:

No, they are leaving it at 80%

That's good news then, I had seen lots of people on social media saying it's going down to 60%.

Where I work we're off till mid June though subject to change at short notice.