Latest Plans on Finishing The Season

Guest Mcguigan
10 hours ago, the third man said:

Contracts finish on the 30th June, whether they get paid after that date is irrelevant, they do not need to play after that date

Wonder how many of our out of contract players, have clubs and guaranteed wages lined up for after 30th June. Especially with the situation as it now.

Pretty sure the ones we needed, to finish another 9 nine games, would except a 2-3 month extension on their current deal.

47 minutes ago, Mcguigan said:

Wonder how many of our out of contract players, have clubs and guaranteed wages lined up for after 30th June. Especially with the situation as it now.

Pretty sure the ones we needed, to finish another 9 nine games, would except a 2-3 month extension on their current deal.

The thing with that is, what happens if they get a bad injury during that 2 months and that stops them from getting another club?

I'm sure both the players and their agents will be thinking of that possibility.

47 minutes ago, Mcguigan said:

Suspect that a lot of the wages conversations earlier in the year with potential new clubs have suddenly gone quiet and are very non-committal. 

The question is do the players want to risk getting injured for a few weeks work

Apart from the very top players in this league

10 hours ago, kobayashi said:

You're right, you could be wrong. Self isolation rules apply if you or a family member exhibits symptoms not if a colleague or anyone else that you may have had contact with has symptoms. 

Again, for us, if a colleague gets it we have to self isolate

1 hour ago, Mcguigan said:

On how much money?

if someone wanted me to work on a short term contract I would ask for at least double money to cover me if I get injured

so it could cost a fortune

7 hours ago, Thurcroft owl 72 said:

Sorry if anyone mentioned it but i think fairest way is stop season where it is and start next season as handicap points wise. At least what you did this season will count for summat. Doesn't help us but i think best solution

Over complicated.

Finish it now. Points per game. 

Then set their minds to 20/21, because I think we all under-estimate how difficult it’s going to be for next season to start, and certainly won’t start early August.

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

Over complicated.

Finish it now. Points per game. 

Then set their minds to 20/21, because I think we all under-estimate how difficult it’s going to be for next season to start, and certainly won’t start early August.

Points per game does not take teams like us into consideration, teams that have crashed this year

there is a case for a relegated team to say look at Wednesday, they could have gone down in place of us

I think if the season can't be finished safely, which is unlikely, this  season should be scrapped. Forget about it, no promotion or relegation, go again and start next season later in the year.

The only clubs affected by this would be the ones currently in the automatic promotion places i.e. West Brom, Leeds, the 2 in League 1 and 3 in League 2.

Yes it would be hard on them but they're not guaranteed promotion.

If any of the other barmy ideas touted for settling the final positions if the season is voided such as  average PPG, points after 23 games or as it is now are used it will be carnage.

Half of the teams in each division will be upset and it will leave the EFL facing the prospect of a tsunami of legal action.

The Peterborough chairman has had his say.

20200511_111146.jpg.e489aaeca569ad3be060bcd2c8c96b70.jpg

20200511_111121.jpg.ea1fcbf3b7e3c39957ffa5581129f744.jpg

11 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

I think if the season can't be finished safely, which is unlikely, this  season should be scrapped. Forget about it, no promotion or relegation, go again and start next season later in the year.

The only clubs affected by this would be the ones currently in the automatic promotion places i.e. West Brom, Leeds, the 2 in League 1 and 3 in League 2.

If any of the other barmy ideas touted for settling the final positions if the season is voided such as  average PPG, points after 23 games or as it is now are used it will be carnage.

Half of the teams in each division will be upset and it will leave the EFL facing the prospect of a tsunami of legal action.

From what I gather Peterborough want to play on. They don't want to void the League. So it isn't only WBA, Leeds etc who would be miffed by that. 

10 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Which is all very valid, where is recent form reflected in PPG... which btw does us a massive favour as it isn't part of the calculations

Duckworth Lewis type algorithm is needed to do this property to take into account playing the current bottom and top teams, form etc

2 hours ago, OwlsItGoing said:

What the league don't seem to think about is the crowds that will gather outside the stadiums of the clubs promoted. Remember when psg tired to play behind closed doors.

Then the army, cops need to hose and batter the tw@ts...like they did the miners.🙄

22 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

From what I gather Peterborough want to play on. They don't want to void the League. So it isn't only WBA, Leeds etc who would be miffed by that. 

They're 4th and 2 points behind Rotherham in 2nd so probably think they have a good chance of making automatic promotion.

What he's saying is if the league is voided now and promotion is decided on the positions as at now or an average of points per game, they will not accept that.

Neither will any team who still think they might make the autos or a team currently outside the play off positions who have a chance of making them. There's also the teams in the relegation places.

That's going to be half of the division miffed .

1 hour ago, rickygoo said:

They don't want the league to be decided on current positions, or they, and many others will sue, not sure if they mind the league being voided with no promotion or relegation, and everyone starts again next season

40 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

What he's saying is if the league is voided now and promotion is decided on the positions as at now or an average of points per game, they will not accept that.

But likewise they wouldn't want the league to be simply voided.