Latest Plans on Finishing The Season

11 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

But likewise they wouldn't want the league to be simply voided. 

I think that is probably the only solution that will have the least fallout and be most likely to be voted through.

Edited by Tommy Crawshaw

1 minute ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

I think that is probably the only solution that will have the least fallout and be most likely to be voted through.

But according to the newspaper reports the clubs don't favour simply voiding. 

1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

But according to the newspaper reports the clubs don't favour simply voiding. 

Yes they would rather finish the season for financial reasons. Though if it can't be done safely and games played at their own stadiums I think the fairest thing to do and the only one likely to be passed by a vote by clubs is to void with no promotion or relegation.

Just now, Tommy Crawshaw said:

the only one likely to be passed by a vote by clubs is to void with no promotion or relegation.

That's not what was being indicated by reporters last week. A PPG solution was said to be favoured. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

That's not what was being indicated by reporters last week. A PPG solution was said to be favoured. 

Can only see the ones in the promotion places and the ones just outside the relegation zones agreeing to that, as all it does is basically finish the season in the positions the teams are in now.

So the teams in the relegation positions and those who could get promoted, Peterborough for instance, wont want it, and that's where the legal action starts

and if the PL say no relegation and no promotion from the championship what will happen

2 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

I doubt that idea would get voted through. There would be about 10 teams below the automatic promotion places who think they still have a chance of promotion. Plus the 3 teams currently in the relegation positions against it.

As opposed to the league's being voided with no promotion or relegation. Then only the 2 teams in the auto spots at the moment could really consider themselves hard done by.

Though looking at want happened to Leeds last season, they can't say they would have been guaranteed promotion.

20 minutes ago, the third man said:

Can only see the ones in the promotion places and the ones just outside the relegation zones agreeing to that, as all it does is basically finish the season in the positions the teams are in now.

So the teams in the relegation positions and those who could get promoted, Peterborough for instance, wont want it, and that's where the legal action starts

and if the PL say no relegation and no promotion from the championship what will happen

I reckon there's 5 categories

Teams in automatic promotion - Play on or PPG

Teams in play off or challenging - play on

Teams in relegation - void or play on

Teams just above relegation - void or PPG

Teams in middle - not bothered

Reports last week suggested clubs were anti a straight void because so much of the season and been played that it was unfair. They wanted another solution based on some sort of PPG - potentially weighted depending on balance of home and away games left - or even based on league position at halfway stage. It's all a movable feast though. 

10 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

So sport could resume behind closed doors on 1st June at the earliest. Personally still think that is to soon and such an unnecessary risk. 

So that would mean we could all go out and meet friends in groups of 50 or so at least, that's the pubs open then, but apparently the pubs can oly open in July at the earliest with social distancing 

There's no sense in this at all

2 minutes ago, the third man said:

So that would mean we could all go out and meet friends in groups of 50 or so at least, that's the pubs open then, but apparently the pubs can oly open in July at the earliest with social distancing 

There's no sense in this at all

why be able to meet friends in big groups at that date? Completely agree though that there is no sense in all this. 

57 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

So sport could resume behind closed doors on 1st June at the earliest. Personally still think that is to soon and such an unnecessary risk. 

Agree.

Think that date is mightly optimistic, people will flock to beauty spots, visit family and garden centres. Watch the R rate rise again and I'd be gobsmacked if those dates not put back, or even restrictions reimposed. 

Edited by striker

7 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

I think if no agreement can be made the prem will relegate the bottom 3 as they stand now.

It will be up to the efl who they send up.

Much more fun watching em squabble than the boring don't lose football some of em play.

lol

The bottom three will then sue, quite simple, no way will they put up with losing all that money without a fight.

that could then impact on when next season can start, as it wont be able to start until the court case is finished

the only alternative would be to make sure they do not lose out financially until they are promoted again, failure payments on a grand scale

12 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

I think if no agreement can be made the prem will relegate the bottom 3 as they stand now.

It will be up to the efl who they send up.

Much more fun watching em squabble than the boring don't lose football some of em play.

lol

Let Boris sort the league positions out nobody will know who's promoted relegated or which division there in

• Haha 4

16 minutes ago, striker said:

Agree.

Think that date is mightly optimistic, people will flock to beauty spots, visit family and garden centres. Watch the R rate rise again and I'd be gobsmacked if those dates not put back, or even restrictions reimposed. 

Totally agree. Give it two weeks after this week and i can see the rates going back up. Then it will be lockdown for another 2 or 3 months. its all too soon. The virus is still there and there is no vaccine. Not sure what good will come of putting people back together again.