Latest Plans on Finishing The Season

3 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Lol...sex education, trips to le chambre...?

When i was at school we went to the swimming baths, capt webb was our teacher

The mons pubis is a pad of fatty tissue that covers the pubic bone. It's sometimes referred to as the mons, or the mons veneris in females. While both sexes have a mons pubis, it's more prominent in females

8 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

The mons pubis is a pad of fatty tissue that covers the pubic bone. It's sometimes referred to as the mons, or the mons veneris in females. While both sexes have a mons pubis, it's more prominent in females

Google has pictures...if you adjust the filter

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Hookowl said:

Swab testing usually takes 2 to 3 days to get the results, my daughter in law who is an intensive care nurse finally managed to get one done last week.

There is a finger tail blood test that is fairly instant but availability is very limited. 

edit that should read fingerprick 

In this situation, a test that takes a couple of days to complete is about as authoritative as an eleven month old MOT test certificate.

My understanding is that the 'instant' test is not entirely reliable. 

55 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Thanks.

I'm not sure I fully understood that at the time.

I'm not sure our Metalwork teacher understood either.

1 hour ago, rickygoo said:

Nothing close to my mons pubis has ever been described as prominent in females! :bullen:

30 minutes ago, Nero said:

Thanks.

I'm not sure I fully understood that at the time.

I'm not sure our Metalwork teacher understood either.

sex education provided by the metalwork teacher, those were the days! 

13 minutes ago, the third man said:

Next it will be no tackling in matches and keep 2m apart, just so they can complete the season

sounds like the way we have played for most of the season. In all seriousness though I completely agree, it sounds like they will do anything just to complete the season. 

Edited by WalthamOwl
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, the third man said:

Next it will be no tackling in matches and keep 2m apart, just so they can complete the season

If your touched it's a classed as a tackle and you have to give the ball to your opponent.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

Just seen this in another thread.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52635005

"Tackling will be banned, pitches disinfected and players restricted to groups of five when the Premier League starts a first phase of team training.

Official protocols sent to players and managers on Tuesday and obtained by the BBC reveal that social distancing must be "strictly observed".

Corner-flags, balls, cones, goalposts and even playing surfaces will be disinfected after each session.

League bosses hope training can begin on Monday, restricted to 75 minutes.

Ongoing surveillance measures included in further guidance include twice-weekly testing, and a daily pre-training questionnaire and temperature check".

Sorry but if all the above is necessary to protect players then the EPL shouldn't even be considering re-starting the season. How can they justify testing non essential workers (ie footballers) twice a week when we're not even testing all essential workers.

The EPL's detachment from reality gets wider by the day.

9 hours ago, Hookowl said:

Swab testing usually takes 2 to 3 days to get the results, my daughter in law who is an intensive care nurse finally managed to get one done last week.

There is a finger tail blood test that is fairly instant but availability is very limited. 

edit that should read fingerprick 

Hearing those finger blood tests are inaccurate and governments are trying to get their money back. 

22 minutes ago, Rogers said:

Hearing those finger blood tests are inaccurate and governments are trying to get their money back. 

A lot of the tests give false results, and testing every two days is no good as you could catch it from the person giving you the test

12 minutes ago, the third man said:

Hope they don't have the tests that can give either false positives or negatives, and they don't have to be sent to a US lab to get the results

Most of the antibody tests are inaccurate. They can give false positives and false negatives. Some of the worst have a 15% error rate. I think there is one made in the States which is very accurate, about 0.2% error rate but you can't get hold of it in this country as far as I know.

The 3.5M tests the UK bought are useless. Most of the tests now being used in this country are swab tests which can be accurate if done properly by a medically trained person but done by the man in the street they aren't very good. You need to get the swab right up the nose or right into the throat and people just can't be relied on to do the swabbing well enough to pick up the virus.

I lot of the tests done in this country have been sent to the states to be analysed and it's taking ages to get the results back apparently. 

The antibody tests can be used for large scale studies because if they know the error rate they can allow for that in the statistical analysis. It's just that if individuals take one they can't rely on their result to tell them if they have had Covid 19 or not. Let's face it if you or I had the antibody test and it showed we had had the virus we would assume we were immune. It's not a safe assumption.

• Thanks 1

Guest REDAs_biG_piECE

Social distancing is one of the biggest scams pulled on the people ever

virus are not living things and cannot be spread by touch or picked up off surfaces

its a psyop to control us, make us live in fear and install Orwellian rules and laws around us 

start educating yourself