Latest Plans on Finishing The Season

1 hour ago, sherlyegg said:

Why not give Boris a ring and tell him how to sort it out.

Though I suspect he ain't that bothered about bickering football clubs/authorities.

Many businesses will go bust many more people will die...I bet he doesn't give a shyte about leeds missing out...or west ham 'losing' £100m.

I' m a football fan and I don't.

A narcissist only takes advice from the looking glass.

• Like 1

Understand from a client in the North East with links to Xxxxxxxxxx, that EFL are telling clubs that due to the earliest June start, they now have no choice and intend to abandon season for all leagues and want to make an announcement this week.

Feel proper ITK - bet everyone will be really complimentary and grateful.

Edited by Nero
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, striker said:

The handwash break after every throw in is also going to slow the game down, or are the players all wearing gloves and full ppe?

I thought it was compulsory for everyone to wash their hands after a throw anyway? ......

Bloody swear filter!

• Haha 7

9 minutes ago, Nero said:

Understand from a client in the North East with links to Xxxxxxxxxx, that EFL are telling clubs that due to the earliest June start, they now have no choice and intend to abandon season for all leagues and want to make an announcement this week.

Bloody ell...does the mean my tenner e/w on us going up is wasted....I even know some lumped on us going down they will be even more reyt sick.

☹️

1 minute ago, sherlyegg said:

Bloody ell...does the mean my tenner e/w on us going up is wasted....I even know some lumped on us going down they will be even more reyt sick.

☹️

I'm quite pleased. Except for the season ticket which has been literally the biggest waste of money  (£555) ever.

3 hours ago, Mcguigan said:

As we’ll be entering our 20th season out of the top flight, I’m not sure I’d share your view if we were 6 points clear with 9 games left.

I would there is a far bigger picture here than football. If we were in Liverpool's position I would also feel the same

44 minutes ago, Nero said:

I hope your source is correct. 

1 hour ago, Nero said:

They won't be if they've all lumped on their last few quid.......................................... and you're wrong.

lol 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, bradowl said:

That's good news then, I had seen lots of people on social media saying it's going down to 60%.

Where I work we're off till mid June though subject to change at short notice. 

80% until August at least where required. The hope/expectation at that point is that many more will be in a position to get workers back at least on a part-time basis and so the subsidy will come down in September & October.

1 hour ago, casbahowl said:

Simon Jordan on T/S explanation of some EPL team’s reluctance to finish the season at a neutral venue is 💯 about the clubs having been paid millions in advance for pitch side advertising rather than any other reason!

I heard this being discussed on 5 live yesterday, thankfully it got shouted down by the ex-pros on the show. I don't agree with the neutral venue approach for other reasons but this one doesn't wash with me. Most of the advertising boards at that level are electronic these days, surely it wouldn't be that hard to get them set up for each designated 'home' club at a neutral venue.

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I heard this being discussed on 5 live yesterday, thankfully it got shouted down by the ex-pros on the show. I don't agree with the neutral venue approach for other reasons but this one doesn't wash with me. Most of the advertising boards at that level are electronic these days, surely it wouldn't be that hard to get them set up for each designated 'home' club at a neutral venue.

Are all matches going to be televised, because if not, then advertising in an empty stadium will be useless

2 minutes ago, the third man said:

Are all matches going to be televised, because if not, then advertising in an empty stadium will be useless

If not then the argument some teams put up about advertising at neutral venues would be even more farcical!

I would imagine they would look to televise all the remaining PL games due to them being played behind closed doors. 

17 hours ago, scram said:

The govt are extremely eager for getting games back on

They are pushing for it to happen

But do not wanna take responsibility for any adverse events

Shock!

Labour are pressing for overt government clearance

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/may/12/premier-leagues-restart-plan-needs-public-scrutiny-says-shadow-minister

5 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Good response from Alison McGovern

Somebody needs to take ownership of this hideously rushed plan

Everybody wants to pin any potential blame elsewhere

The govt need to underwrite the legitimacy of the final return plans and take responsibility if it goes wrong

One of the reasons there is no consensus is because the club Dr's feel they are being made to take responsibility when they are the ones urging caution

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sherlyegg said:

You will get your mons back, look at it like an interest free loan to ya best mate

Isn't a Mons a ladypart?

That's what the Metalwork teacher called it in our Sex Education class in 1976 anyway.

12 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Maybe Demonic Raabit (in the headlights) wants to 'lift the nations spirits' by risking i players catching coronavirus and then being ill or worse.

Although it would lift my spirits if they then sued the useless cockkwombles ass off.

4 minutes ago, Nero said:

Isn't a Mons a ladypart?

That's what the Metalwork teacher called it in our Sex Education class in 1976 anyway.

Lol...sex education, trips to le chambre...?

When i was at school we went to the swimming baths, capt webb was our teacher