Latest Plans on Finishing The Season

31 minutes ago, REDAs_biG_piECE said:

Social distancing is one of the biggest scams pulled on the people ever

virus are not living things and cannot be spread by touch or picked up off surfaces

its a psyop to control us, make us live in fear and install Orwellian rules and laws around us 

start educating yourself 

As there is no definitive definition of what constitutes 'alive' (and therefore, 'dead') your logic falls at the first hurdle. 

I would be interested though to see how you've come to the conclusion that they cannot be spread by contact. If they are not alive then it stands to reason they cannot be killed. So if it were on a surface in a room, why would it not still be there later and potentially picked up by someone, from where it could find it's way into a host, whether that be through an orifice, wound or gaseous exchange?

48 minutes ago, REDAs_biG_piECE said:

virus are not living things and cannot be spread by touch or picked up off surfaces

its a psyop to control us, make us live in fear and install Orwellian rules and laws around us 

start educating yourself 

Lockdown madness

48 minutes ago, REDAs_biG_piECE said:

I might believe that if a labour gov were running the country. The tories love dosh too much and it's costing them billions and billions...

Being serious, a virus is neither dead or alive...scientist still argue about it today.

One description that seems to be accepted is,

A virus lives on the edge of life.

Guest Manwithastick
1 hour ago, REDAs_biG_piECE said:

start educating yourself 

Füçking moron.

1 hour ago, REDAs_biG_piECE said:

start educating yourself 

Not sure whether you're on the wind up, on drugs or just a tvvat

Edited by mogbad
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 11/05/2020 at 12:40, Tommy Crawshaw said:

They're 4th and 2 points behind Rotherham in 2nd so probably think they have a good chance of making automatic promotion.

What he's saying is if the league is voided now and promotion is decided on the positions as at now or an average of points per game, they will not accept that.

Neither will any team who still think they might make the autos or a team currently outside the play off positions who have a chance of making them. There's also the teams in the relegation places.

That's going to be half of the division miffed .

I think in the main clubs will be more pragmatic about all this than people think, accepting these are once in a lifetime circumstances.

The only clubs who MAY not vote for PPG will be those who will be relegated and still fancy themselves for the autos. Maybe even not. Take Bolton for example, do you think they want to start next season with a 21 point deduction again. Do you think the EFL will want to have to invite Bury back into the league if they rule this season void? Clubs outside autos will also have very difficult grounds to sue anyone and limited extra funds to risk because they certainly can't categorically prove they have been denied a prize. 

More than half of the league clubs, all those placed in the middle/lower reaches of each league will think meh, PPG is fine or latterly brilliant, let's get it done and we can move on. The top 3 will definitely vote for PPG too. You might get 5 or 6 in total who are against it, all with very difficult court battles to win because the same rule was applied to everyone.

Many will frustratingly accept that its better to take something from the season so the whole things wasn't pointless. They'll also want the prize money for a completed season and most certainly not want games behind closed doors where they'll make a huge loss in all leagues outside of the Premier league.

Finally, betting companies, big sponsors and promoters of league football will be pushing for an outcome too. They make their big bucks off outcomes not voided bets. 

I think leagues 1 and 2 will sign PPG off by Friday, Championship before June and Premier League will either be finished over the summer or closer to a point they are more comfortable calling it. 

Edited by Mystic Neg

10 hours ago, Nero said:

I'm quite pleased. Except for the season ticket which has been literally the biggest waste of money  (£555) ever.

I got so pissed off with football ( and life in general) I gave my season ticket to a mate and took a one way flight to Sri Lanka in February.......I haven’t missed a match yet. Must be the unluckiest bloke in the world.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, mogbad said:

Not sure whether you're on the wind up, on drugs or just a tvvat

Or perhaps he has an open mind, and doesn’t believe everything he is told by corrupt leaders and a corrupt press....but back to football

I don't understand the no contact in training if in a few weeks football is to resume we may aswell go all in in training and let's see what problems occur

The best outcome surely is to scrap and void this season and start next season when it's SAFE 

Guest Mcguigan
7 hours ago, Rogers said:

Live or dead or nearly dead, a virus can last on surfaces for hours.  This is the real fact that seems to have been overlooked

Be interesting to see, if they just did a random forensic test on the door handles from one of London's tubes and reported if the virus was present anywhere.

11 hours ago, mogbad said:

"Tackling will be banned, pitches disinfected and players restricted to groups of five when the Premier League starts a first phase of team training.

Official protocols sent to players and managers on Tuesday and obtained by the BBC reveal that social distancing must be "strictly observed".

Corner-flags, balls, cones, goalposts and even playing surfaces will be disinfected after each session.

League bosses hope training can begin on Monday, restricted to 75 minutes.

Ongoing surveillance measures included in further guidance include twice-weekly testing, and a daily pre-training questionnaire and temperature check".

Sorry but if all the above is necessary to protect players then the EPL shouldn't even be considering re-starting the season. How can they justify testing non essential workers (ie footballers) twice a week when we're not even testing all essential workers.

The EPL's detachment from reality gets wider by the day.

its all about the wonga....

9 hours ago, REDAs_biG_piECE said:

start educating yourself 

I bet you are one of those 5g conspiracy theorists,  towers are making people sick  Fml hahaha .

Edited by stocksyuto

8 hours ago, Rogers said:

Live or dead or nearly dead, a virus can last on surfaces for hours.  This is the real fact that seems to have been overlooked

Best way to describe a virus is it's dormant.

Like a wolf in sheeps clothing. 

It becomes active when it attempts to enter a cell..

Once the cell let's it in that's it, comes to life

11 hours ago, the third man said:

A lot of the tests give false results, and testing every two days is no good as you could catch it from the person giving you the test

TBF I've not heard of a case with the swab test, where someone else actually gives a person the test.

All the people that I have heard of that have been tested by this method have had the test kit passed safely to them and they do the test themselves.

Daughter in law who is an ICU nurse confirmed this to me after being tested herself.

11 hours ago, REDAs_biG_piECE said:

start educating yourself 

With the very greatest respect......you are an idiot if you believe that crap.

8 hours ago, Plonk said:

Or perhaps he has an open mind, and doesn’t believe everything he is told by corrupt leaders and a corrupt press....but back to football

As someone who isnt a corrupt press or leader and who caught the virus with another 20 people at a  small gig in March, one of whom died and one who is still on a ventilator: I can tell you that it's good to have an open mind but it's also worth having a filter on it so you avoid being an idiot with an open mind.

Add an er to the end of your name.

1 hour ago, sweetsheri said:

Best way to describe a virus is it's dormant.

Like a wolf in sheeps clothing. 

It becomes active when it attempts to enter a cell..

Once the cell let's it in that's it, comes to life

How can it enter a cell if it's not active. It would just be there and do nothing. It's a complicated issue and not really worth going into unless this is a science board.

The best way of looking at it is that it just is, it doesn't think, it doesn't have a plan but it is very contagious and can kill people.