Ligue 1

3 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

It's good to have a dream.

lol

@fudge27 had a dream,

To make the forum cream.

He had no idea so he had to make-it-all-up.

He started from League 1,

Hoping it ain't a con.

We hope he's right so we see the Championship gone!

Edited by RigBon
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, HighworthOwl said:

Where Boro in the bottom 3 then as well?

I know, I know it’s not Gibson’s fault where in this mess but our own chairman but it would be hilarious. 

Can you imagine, us going up Boro down...So so many people would be pleased lol, Gibo,  parry dem.blades....reality won't happen but made me smile.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Sham67 said:

Source?

It was in a post match interview. Said something along the lines of “ most of these won’t be here next season”. Remember thinking at the time well that’s going to get them playing isn’t it. Think that’s the point many of us realised what he was. 

• Haha 1

Would be nice, but either way if/when the season is cancelled think we've dodged a bullet.

We were sinking into relegation territory and while I think we may just have had enough points to squeak over the line, clear some players dont have the bottle for a relegation fight. 

In a horrible situation, cancellation would be a good outcome for us. 

3 minutes ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

I think you mean

New

New New New New

New New New New

New New

Haha no I genuinely think Iorfa and Bannan are good enough to play in the Prem, surrounded by a good team.

Fletcher is too, but I would imagine he would have a Glenn Murray role, playing perhaps 1/3 or 1/4 of the season time. 

Great that the Dutch and French have cancelled their seasons. Hopefully this will put pressure on the other leagues to follow suite. Germany seem the closest to getting football back on. As the uk will shortly be the worst affected place in Europe surely ours will soon be done and dusted too

14 hours ago, fudge27 said:

Seeing rumours that ligue 1 with the announcement of their cancellation are looking at using the table midway through the season after half the games were played. 

At this stage of the season in the championship the top 6 were

1. WBA

2. LEEDS

3. SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY 

4. FULHAM

5. PRESTON 

6. BRENTFORD 

surely 3 up and 3 down. It makes sense the more I think about it :ph34r:

Great Idea the only issue I see is we have the EFL as our governing body they would probably then retrospectively attached a 21 point deduction so we finish 3rd bottom and Fulham and big hector go up in our place and will mean Barnsley avoid relegation.

The joys of being an Owl.:bullen:

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

Haha no I genuinely think Iorfa and Bannan are good enough to play in the Prem, surrounded by a good team.

Fletcher is too, but I would imagine he would have a Glenn Murray role, playing perhaps 1/3 or 1/4 of the season time. 

Maybe Iorfa. Wee Bazza and Fletch are not good enough for the Prem. BB is too small and too slow, Fletch too old and too injury prone.