Steve Bruce

It always happens to us it seems where top of the range managers are concerned -  Catterick was always going to go if Everton came calling & Atkinson & Bruce left in similar situations. Unfortunately, Wilkinson was one of our own and left us to go to a team near the foot of the 2nd Division! Lack of ambition by the board drove him out - Sterland at centre forward! United have at last find their Messiah - we're still looking I'm afraid.

57 minutes ago, torryowl said:

cant understand the hatred for him .I cant think of anyone player or manager who when they get the chance to go from a championship club to a prem club turned it down . …....would I have  him back ? if we have a vacancy then yes coz he's a good manager 

He is a pig, a snake and a cheat. A fat Jos. a poor man's Stuart gray. a poundshop Peter shreeves. 

The question is do we need a new manager?

If we do who is better than Monk and willing to come to us.

When you answer those two questions and you think about Bruce you then have to ask two more questions:

Would Bruce want to come back to us?   I think if he got sacked he would want to come back to make a mends and would do his best

Would we want Bruce back?  I think it could be difficult for some sections to see him back especially so soon,  I think Chansiri would insist on understandably creating a contract that would make it impossible for Bruce to do what he did again, nobody really knows how much if any bad blood is there, I can understand why Bruce left for Newcastle, it was an opportunity he turned down once and regretted it and was the only club I think he would have done it for.  As fans we know Bruce is a good manager and beggers can't be choosers, if there were other managers just as good or better that would be willing to come to us but there isn't, lets be honest Monk was not anyones first choice so if he is going to go then we need to make sure we can get better or we might as well stick with Monk, the only likely candidate that we could get that is better is Bruce.

He asked for a break to go watch cricket in his family honour and Dc respected that, how did Bruce return the respect? 

Sneaked off and spoke to another club behind Dc and the clubs back 

If the job was available yes but Bruce wouldn't come back here I wouldn't think. As p!ssed off as I was with him leaving and the way he did it. I think you'd be stupid to not employ him based on that if the opportunity came round and he was the best candidate for the job.

8 hours ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

If the job was available yes but Bruce wouldn't come back here I wouldn't think. As p!ssed off as I was with him leaving and the way he did it. I think you'd be stupid to not employ him based on that if the opportunity came round and he was the best candidate for the job.

Unfinished business and £40k a week 

1 hour ago, legendaryswan said:

Don't think Bruce could have done that much better than Monk IMHO,he had a far better squad than we have at Villa and couldn't make that work

Completely disagree.

Whilst we'll never know for sure - from Monk's rash team selections, the axed player issues and general repetitiveness and borderline incoherant interviews - I'd say there's a much greater chance of us being in a better position if we had Bruce.