Steve Bruce

Guest Jack the Hat

Bruce liked us after our support in the play off final. I think the only two clubs he would have left us for were Newcastle or Man Utd. I didn’t want him as manager but would have him back at the drop of a hat. He carried respect and did the simple things right. I feel confident we would have made the play offs with him at least. He has his limitations but if he didn’t he would be an established Premier league manager. We have seen at close hand with CC JL and GM how important player respect is. If he took us to the prem he likely wouldn’t be good enough to move us forward so we would be the ones doing the dumping. Not that I personally want revenge I would have done the same if it was my boyhood club. Decision made easier by having Monk incumbent as we are going nowhere slow with him in charge. Definite yes from me.

7 hours ago, darra said:

Listening to the radio this morning if the take over of Newcastle goes through which is likely this time there's a good chance that Bruce some said a very good chance will be out of a job. Question is would you take him back?

I'm not sure.

Definitely yes !     UTO 

Our second highest outgoing transfer fee isn’t he behind Joao? No loyalty whatsoever but that’s what contracts clauses are for. I’d have him. I’d definitely trust him to do the rebuild job that is needed when the June contracts run out. We get that wrong and we’re screwed for another 2/3/4 years

8 hours ago, Blatter said:

Imagine this.

Bruce gets fired. 
Chansiri fires Monk and takes Bruce back as manager.

Three months later a struggling Premier League club fire manager.

Bruce walks out on Owls to go to the club he always wanted to manage.

Everyone calls Chansiri an idiot.

So no it could never happen.

Imagine this, though.......

Bruce gets fired

Chansiri takes him back

Newcastle appoint grumpy two hat wilder

Owls go up

Blunts go down

Newcastle win the league

Now, i like that

Bruce over monk anyday please

id sooner us be in league 1 than have a lying snake come back, if he was honest about it all at the start then id be fine , but he met there representatives in a Newcastle hotel and blatantly lied when asked about this, all im doing when I go back is walk my dog after pre season tour . and regards that other idiot carlos id sooner be in national league before he ever sets foot at s6. 

Not sure why people are outraged that Bruce left us when he got a better offer...,,,we’ve never had a manager in our recent history who wouldn’t have done exactly the same and the next ten managers will also leave if they get a better offer

Edited by Ian

Going to Newcastle was a total one off, absolutely unique situation , could he turn it down ?  As angry as I was at the time I don’t think I can hold it against him now

As for what he will do after Newcastle, god knows , he will be an even richer man after the likely pay off 

Might not even be a top target for championship clubs, don’t forget he failed miserably at Villa and we wasn’t in any danger of losing him to anyone else before Ashley reared his head 

Bruce doesnt need the money and we have next to no chance of being a promotion challenging side next season.

Wasnt they also talk of broken promises to him as well?

I just cant see Bruce wanting to come back.

I also doubt Chansiri would want him.

Edited by matthefish2002

Scored two cheating goals in Fergie time against us.

managed the pigs

Went on holiday to the cricket instead of coming to manage us.

left us in the lurch in summer by quitting and taking the coaches, shafting is to the extent we started the season with an estate agent in charge.

and people want him back? What more does he need to do to upset us ? Burn the ground down? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Royal_D said:

Going to Newcastle was a total one off, absolutely unique situation , could he turn it down ?  As angry as I was at the time I don’t think I can hold it against him now

As for what he will do after Newcastle, god knows , he will be an even richer man after the likely pay off 

Might not even be a top target for championship clubs, don’t forget he failed miserably at Villa and we wasn’t in any danger of losing him to anyone else before Ashley reared his head 

I doubt 1 supporter would have had a problem him going to Newcastle his boyhood club but a lot would have a problem with him been a lying snake ,who held secret talks in a Newcastle hotel and lied through his teeth about only thing he is doing when he got back from pre season tour was to walk his dog. he is known though out his career as a lying backstabber , its a bit they having a girlfriend and she sleeps around and you take her back , I don't bloody think so , he is our ex manager leave it at that. don't mean he aint a good manager though. 

Guest LondonOwl313
7 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

I doubt 1 supporter would have had a problem him going to Newcastle his boyhood club but a lot would have a problem with him been a lying snake ,who held secret talks in a Newcastle hotel and lied through his teeth about only thing he is doing when he got back from pre season tour was to walk his dog. he is known though out his career as a lying backstabber , its a bit they having a girlfriend and she sleeps around and you take her back , I don't bloody think so , he is our ex manager leave it at that. don't mean he aint a good manager though. 

I know the interview you’re referring to but what exactly should he have said? He basically wanted to get through the interview and not say anything at all which isn’t easy to do.

Chansiri probably told him he wasn’t allowed to go and then he walked out. He wasn’t exactly going to say ‘yeah I’m off lads’ is he when he’s employed here and the chairman doesn’t give his permission. He obviously also couldn’t put it to bed because it was true. 

I wouldn’t have him back but at the time he couldn’t do much else 

cant understand the hatred for him .I cant think of anyone player or manager who when they get the chance to go from a championship club to a prem club turned it down . …....would I have  him back ? if we have a vacancy then yes coz he's a good manager 

13 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

Hate to be the one to tell ya but , the whole game from top to bottom is full of liars and snakes