Steve Bruce

Guest wilyfox
1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

If we are aiming at large scale recruitment this summer, I’d probably rather have Bruce involved in that, than Monk

Indeed. Monk squandered fortunes at Middlesbrough. 

Monk gets a lot of reprieve because "there are bigger issues at play", "something has gone on" etc and we know there is a lot of stuff that we just don't understand.

And yes I do agree that Chansiri is firmly number 1 to blame for our current predicament.

However from what has happened, our fall from 3rd, the current performances, the axing of Westwood and Hutchinson, the lambasting of players very early in his reign, the rash and dramatic team changes, odd interviews..

how could anything other than some form of blame be pointed at Monk, he is the manager and isn't it his responsibility to deal with issues and rise to challenges. Nothing from what we've seen so far has evidenced he has the ability to do this or overcome these issues.

2 hours ago, glynnb said:

If you want loyalty get a dog, if he's available soon then he is the best option available to us football and business wise and we are a football club as well as a business.

Sorry mate, but you must be joking? Take back someone who walked out on us after chansiri was so good to him and the fans adored him?  I'm not saying he's not better than monk, he is, but taking him back would be weak and pathetic and he'd be looking for a new job from day 1. Never in a million years for me.

• Haha 1

If you want loyalty get a dog, if he's available soon then he is the best option available to us football and business wise and we are a football club as well as a business.

as well as a family

:Chansiri:

Absolutely. How many of our fans if they were a decent manager and managing a championship side wouldn't jump ship in the blink of an eye if Wednesday were in the EPL and came calling?

To not want him back is short sighted at best. He is undoubtedly the best man for the job, we could see the transformation he made to the team (and recruitment) in less than 3 months. Think what he could do over a longer period

1 hour ago, GLOwl said:

Sorry mate, but you must be joking? Take back someone who walked out on us after chansiri was so good to him and the fans adored him?  I'm not saying he's not better than monk, he is, but taking him back would be weak and pathetic and he'd be looking for a new job from day 1. Never in a million years for me.

Respect your opinion but to me the weak and pathetic option is to give the rebuild job to someone who has proved unable to do the task at other clubs even with a large budget and seems to not have an eye for a player. Hope I'm proved wrong UTO.

14 minutes ago, glynnb said:

Respect your opinion but to me the weak and pathetic option is to give the rebuild job to someone who has proved unable to do the task at other clubs even with a large budget and seems to not have an eye for a player. Hope I'm proved wrong UTO.

I'm not convinced on monk, so wouldn't want him spending lots of our cash, I agree with you on that. Having said that, and given the current situation, I hope some realism returns and no club has to break the bank to get new players. At least we can get rid of a fair proportion of our dead wood and egos this summer. UTO

Think this would divide opinion. From a totally pragmatic stance, Bruce has a far better track record than Monk, better contacts in the game, and generally doesn’t rock the boat. Add to that, he knows the group of players, several of whom he signed. 
I can understand those who believe, having walked out on us in such a fashion, he wouldn’t be welcome back. Can remember being similarly conflicted about Big Ron back in the day, but in the end, I welcomed him back

58 minutes ago, Bramhall Owl said:

Absolutely. How many of our fans if they were a decent manager and managing a championship side wouldn't jump ship in the blink of an eye if Wednesday were in the EPL and came calling?

To not want him back is short sighted at best. He is undoubtedly the best man for the job, we could see the transformation he made to the team (and recruitment) in less than 3 months. Think what he could do over a longer period

Not short sighted at all to not want him back. His "transformation" was wearing off by the time he left, accepting that it was mostly the players fault. Also, while most of his recruitment was good, odubajo anyone? Imagine if he did rejoin, got 12 new players in, then left at Christmas? Bruce has a reputation for putting himself on the market while gainfully employed. So for me, no thanks, once bitten and all that.

Even if we wanted him, a)would he want to come, and b) could we afford him?

Don't forget that since he left us, he has been managing under Premiership  conditions, and only making a fair job of it, so he is neither cheap nor a guaranteed success.,And was his time with us SO successful?

We Wednesdayites tend to spend a lot of time looking back, often through tinted specs, instead of going forward.

2 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

Even if we wanted him, a)would he want to come, and b) could we afford him?

Don't forget that since he left us, he has been managing under Premiership  conditions, and only making a fair job of it, so he is neither cheap nor a guaranteed success.,And was his time with us SO successful?

We Wednesdayites tend to spend a lot of time looking back, often through tinted specs, instead of going forward.

Ah, but what if Mike Ashley was to buy out Chansiri Buxton old chap.

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

Think this would divide opinion. From a totally pragmatic stance, Bruce has a far better track record than Monk, better contacts in the game, and generally doesn’t rock the boat. Add to that, he knows the group of players, several of whom he signed. 
I can understand those who believe, having walked out on us in such a fashion, he wouldn’t be welcome back. Can remember being similarly conflicted about Big Ron back in the day, but in the end, I welcomed him back

top post

I honestly find it absolutely hilarious that Brucey is soon to be booted out,  zero empathy or respect from me 

Really hope he struggles for another opportunity with a top end championship side aswell,  you can gloss over what he did here last summer and chuck the ‘dream’ job argument around and his stats but at the end of the day ...  it was absolutely disgraceful the way he left Hillsborough and he as good as admitted it himself 

Enjoy the cricket Brucey boy 

24 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

I honestly find it absolutely hilarious that Brucey is soon to be booted out,  zero empathy or respect from me 

Really hope he struggles for another opportunity with a top end championship side aswell,  you can gloss over what he did here last summer and chuck the ‘dream’ job argument around and his stats but at the end of the day ...  it was absolutely disgraceful the way he left Hillsborough and he as good as admitted it himself 

Enjoy the cricket Brucey boy 

Bit harsh mate, football management is a precarious profession. Managers are regularly sacked, often unfairly when a new owner takes charge.