Steve Bruce

On 16/04/2020 at 18:51, handworth52 said:

id sooner us be in league 1 than have a lying snake come back, if he was honest about it all at the start then id be fine , but he met there representatives in a Newcastle hotel and blatantly lied when asked about this, all im doing when I go back is walk my dog after pre season tour . and regards that other idiot carlos id sooner be in national league before he ever sets foot at s6. 

You prefer the 2 other managers we have had under Chansiri then?

22 hours ago, torryowl said:

cant understand the hatred for him .I cant think of anyone player or manager who when they get the chance to go from a championship club to a prem club turned it down . …....would I have  him back ? if we have a vacancy then yes coz he's a good manager 

it was the way he handled it that left the sour taste. Should have said he wanted to go to 'his' club, said 'no comment' or said 'it is in the hands of the clubs' from the start rather than squirming and denying it was a possibility.

He is a good manager at this level, possibly the best manager we have had since the PL days but the way it unfolded means it is not going to happen. 

11 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

You prefer the 2 other managers we have had under Chansiri then?

no clearly not , but what manager whats inherited a mess would do so much better? jos was a disaster but he had 15 players unavailable when he was here had zero to spend and was largely under an embargo due to chansiri allowing fools to waste funds and put clubs medium to long term future at risk. steve bruce would have been an excellent manager for us but has the least loyalty of any manager out there. 

9 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

no clearly not , but what manager whats inherited a mess would do so much better? jos was a disaster but he had 15 players unavailable when he was here had zero to spend and was largely under an embargo due to chansiri allowing fools to waste funds and put clubs medium to long term future at risk. steve bruce would have been an excellent manager for us but has the least loyalty of any manager out there. 

Steve Bruce for 1!

I agree he is a snake and the way he left burnt bridges with fans and the club that mean him coming back any time soon is unrealistic.

He is not the only manager who has no loyalty to speak of, many would have taken the job in his position but the way it transpired didn't do him any favours.

If we want to get results & get players fighting for the shirt then Bruce is the type of guy we need. 
if we’re too stubborn / hold grudges instead of treating it like a business then we’ll end up in EFL1. 
The fact that a prem team wanted our boss shows how good he is. 
although I agree that DC prob won’t go back after how it ended. 

Starting to look like the new owners at Newcastle are going for Pochettino or Benitez. That means goodbye Bruce.

The question has to be, did he run away from us just because it is his home town club of Newcastle, or is it his style not to stay anywhere very long? I know that the Chairman is not likely to favour him after what happened but I might just think it is worth a second try.

On 16/04/2020 at 10:35, trev said:

I completely understand people saying no to Bruce...he left us and let's be honest we are not used to our managers getting headhunted.

It happens all the time though in football. It's not like he left us for another Champ club.

But isn't the fact our manager was actually wanted by prem clubs a good thing? It means we actually have a good manager, an asset. 

Not a journeyman manager who we picked up of the dole.

We need to look at this like a business.

Bruce is respected, successful and has a good track record.

He has good contacts and is quite good in  the transfer market.

If he gets poached by a prem club it means we are probably doing well and we get a nice payday.

Think of it like signing players which we know we can sell for a profit. 

Sure the upheaval of losing a manager isn't great but we were sat in 3rd at Xmas. 

He's a good manager and better than any manager we could get.. for free.

As above there are very few football people with any real loyalty to a club.

If you accept that as a sad fact then we can enjoy using them as much as they enjoy using us.