Deep rooted culture

Culture always starts from the very top.

We all know it - we are an absolute shell of a club when it comes to people and senior managers and directors.

Those in a job are stealing a living and Monk himself has no support, no help, no direction, no coaches, no structure above him whatsoever.

God knows what will change in the summer though.

• Like 1

Just now, deano said:

Wasn't a problem when we're 3rd.

Problem is Monk, he's utterly clueless. 

Short sighted post. The very fact we've gone from 3rd to this shows that something is amiss. Monk deserves a lot of blame but I genuinely feel most would be achieving similar results with this set up. 

4 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Short sighted post. The very fact we've gone from 3rd to this shows that something is amiss. Monk deserves a lot of blame but I genuinely feel most would be achieving similar results with this set up. 

Unfortunately we are in a short sighted position I would expect most to appreciate that. 

The only change we can make at this stage of the season, as we begin to flirt with relegation is to change the management, which has been nothing short of woeful for months. 

Got a better idea, perhaps you think Monk is doing a good job. 

An owner who insists on the final say on everything, but is never there.

His little helper who hangs around the training ground smoking and dictates transfer policy.

Senior players who think they can do as they please and then spit dummy out when they can't.

Lots of overpaid mediocre players who don't give a sh*t.

An assistant manager who has seemingly got a job for life, who's main skills are waving his arms about and throwing balls up for heading practice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, deano said:

Unfortunately we are in a short sighted position I would expect most to appreciate that. 

The only change we can make at this stage of the season, as we begin to flirt with relegation is to change the management, which has been nothing short of woeful for months. 

Got a better idea, perhaps you think Monk is doing a good job. 

Exactly spot on.

We can't change the players, we need to get the best out of them for this season and Monks not doing that. Some of our recent performances are so bad that our opponents have won the game by 30 minutes and have then got the cigars out or the scorelines could have been a lot worse.

People can say they hope the chairman walks away, he isn't going to wash his hands of his investment.

Like you have said all that can be done for now is to change the man picking the team and choosing the tactics and hope that a new face can kick start us and get us enough points to stay up.

44 minutes ago, owls79 said:

Can anyone explain what exactly he means by that?

A dictionary is a useful tool but here you go.

deep
/diːp/
adjective
  1. 1. 
    extending far down from the top or surface.
    "a deep gorge

Rooted

adjective

having roots.
firmly implanted (often used in combination): a deep-rooted belief.

Culture

the ideas, customs, and social behaviour of a particular people or society.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Bing Cosby said:

His little helper who hangs around the training ground smoking and dictates transfer policy.

Senior players who think they can do as they please and then spit dummy out when they can't.

An assistant manager who has seemingly got a job for life, who's main skills are waving his arms about and throwing balls up for heading practice.

Who's his little helper? 

6 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

This is what he means. And for me that starts at the top. When you give average players wealthy and lengthy contracts, the desire to fight and win goes. 

E53C29EC-4673-4065-B0D7-197E0E2C91CB.png

He's telling us as much as he can. This is more than we've had from any previous manager. I think this is why we are seeing such squad rotation. To me it seems he may have called the playing staff out expecting as anyone would a reaction to prove him wrong.

But rather than stepping up some are bearing out the truth of his statement above.

What the hell is going on. Why has this been allowed to fester.

• Like 2

OP's question is bang on. What is the culture problem? 

Sounds like Chansiri hasn't got a clue, is never there, doesn't listen and has made consistently bad decisions having surrounded himself with bad advisors.

But when you have an apparently half decent squad and a manager who got us to third at Christmas, is it all about the Chairman?  What changed, what gave way?

The truth must out.

Edited by September65

9 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

This is what he means. And for me that starts at the top. When you give average players wealthy and lengthy contracts, the desire to fight and win goes. 

E53C29EC-4673-4065-B0D7-197E0E2C91CB.png

Thats what has been evident for years. Its sickening as fans. 

13 minutes ago, Bing Cosby said:

now we’re getting somewhere (and I’m not a monk fan) 

Add players who (the more diligent members of the squad of which there are too few) know when other players will be ‘injured’

Edited by Hirstys Salopettes