Deep rooted culture

9 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

I would love that to be the case but really doubt that. I think all he means is that a lot of these players are out of contract. 

Yes but he’s openly said he wants to keep Fox and Fletcher so I don’t think it’s entirely down to contracts otherwise he’d be clearing the lot out in all honesty?

Mentioned this before, but I've been told we pay high basic wages and very little in terms of performance related bonuses.

If true, a couple of wrong 'uns realising they don't even have to get in the side to earn the mega bucks is going to be pretty destructive.

Edited by RUMBELOWS91

11 hours ago, Dronfield Blue said:

As much as I hate to say this;

You only need to look across the city to see what desire, determination and a good culture can bring.

Or, if you prefer, City, or Liverpool.

It's all about attitude, and we have a bad one, for whatever reason.

United have absolutely shown us up and we should be embarrassed. Hugely embarrassed.

10 hours ago, Vic Flange said:

No we are left to guess just like when Carlos alluded to it, like when Jos alluded to it and like when Bullen has been at a loss for words to explain the lack of desire and background issues. 

Totally unfair on the fans that we are being kept in the dark and being asked to pay premium prices for everything.

It’s exploitation of our loyalty. Yet there are still some fans who won’t have a bad word to say about the chairman. 

Interesting he says the Deep rooted issues are also not football related but we Kind of know what he means and that interview could cost him his job Imo. 

We are all moaning about Monk but he is on a hiding to nothing, the players don't care and again in his interview he say they are not doing as they are told. Now if that's true I'd drop the lot and put the u23s in, they will show heart and desire. 

Then the off the field issues, Monk on one side has the players who are lazy wasters, then he has the Chairman and his side kick dictating the play, transfers etc.... He's never going to win

I think the attention, grumbling, protesting or whatever needs to head towards the off the field issues and its time it became uncomfortable for the directors box. 

As fans we need answers. 

2 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

Interesting he says the Deep rooted issues are also not football related but we Kind of know what he means and that interview could cost him his job Imo. 

We are all moaning about Monk but he is on a hiding to nothing, the players don't care and again in his interview he say they are not doing as they are told. Now if that's true I'd drop the lot and put the u23s in, they will show heart and desire. 

Then the off the field issues, Monk on one side has the players who are lazy wasters, then he has the Chairman and his side kick dictating the play, transfers etc.... He's never going to win

I think the attention, grumbling, protesting or whatever needs to head towards the off the field issues and its time it became uncomfortable for the directors box. 

As fans we need answers. 

It certainly is time. A few chants would be a good place to start.

The culture of an organisation does not come from the workers/players. It comes from the management. Which set of players in any sport has ever performed well with a poor and dysfunctional management? There is a reason why the manager gets fired when things aren’t going well...it’s because he is responsible. This guy is the worst Wednesday have had, he makes Irvine look like Shankly. Every day he is here is a day wasted.

Edited by kobayashi

1 minute ago, kobayashi said:

The culture of an organisation does not come from the workers/players. It comes from the management. Which set of players in any sport has ever performed well with a poor and dysfunctional management? There is a reason why the manager gets fired when things aren’t going well...it’s because he is responsible. This guy is the worst Wednesday have had, he makes Irvine look like Shankly. Every day he is here is a day wasted.

That bit I agree with, but goes much higher than Monk, it comes from the top,  DC down, an absent owner with no executive team in place to run the club and embed culture day to day, rather letting Paxo run for him by proxy.

If you think just changing the manager will solve our problems, I think you will be disappointed.

• Thanks 1

Guest mkowl
7 minutes ago, kobayashi said:

I go up the management level though and look at the top rung and then you usually find the issue 

It's got to start from the very top, otherwise it could have been addressed over time.

Deep rooted culture?

To me it hardly sounds like a couple of senior pros who could have been moved on.

It sounds like some sort of parasitic entity within the hierarchy of the football club.

I doubt it can exist without Chansiris blessing either

It's been there too long 

12 hours ago, deano said:

Wasn't a problem when we're 3rd.

Problem is Monk, he's utterly clueless. 

The players aren’t a problem, they try so hard. Their work ethic is second to none. Week in, week out,  I love watching the opposition treat our penalty box like it’s a school playground.

The chairman too, what an absolute gem he is, especially with the finances and overall running of the club. He’s provided us with a platform for success for years to come.

So it has to be Monk, even though he’s not been here than 5 minutes. He’s inherited a winning culture and broken it up. All on his own too.

Edited by Sergeant Tibbs
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

As fans we need answers. 

indeed. If it’s more than the players surely he’s on about the owner and Paxo etc. How the hell is that situation going to change anytime soon. Like you’ve said I think unfortunately Monk saying that could cost him his job and then the whole process just starts over again. Monk imo isn’t the problem, he’s stuck between pathetic players and a clueless owner. 

Guest LittleG
13 hours ago, owls79 said:

Can anyone explain what exactly he means by that?

There is a general malaise permeating throughout the club and the fan base ever since we missed our golden opportunities under Carlos to gain promotion. We need fresh impetus and leadership from the top and that can only come from either DC changing his ways or a new owner with fresh ideas and more savvy.

12 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

This is what he means. And for me that starts at the top. When you give average players wealthy and lengthy contracts, the desire to fight and win goes. 

E53C29EC-4673-4065-B0D7-197E0E2C91CB.png

Wow.

Just wow.

How many managers in the history of the game have ever made such disparaging comments about their club whilst continuing to be employed by them ?

1. If it's that bad why not have the professional self respect to walk away ?

2. How many clubs would actually tolerate a manager making such a statement without parting by mutual consent soon after ?

Shows what an utter mess we are in.

Edited by Rhubarb n Custard

1 minute ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

The players aren’t a problem, they try so hard. Their work ethic is second to none. Week in, week out,  I love watching the opposition treat our penalty box like a playground.

The chairman too, what an absolute gem he is, especially with the finances and overall running of the club. He’s provided us with a platform for success for years to come.

So it has to be Monk, even though he’s not been here than 5 minutes.

You can be as sarcastic as you like, the only realistic option we have is to change our desperate position is to change the manager. 

Clubs chop and change managers all the time, we are no different. 

12 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

This is what he means. And for me that starts at the top. When you give average players wealthy and lengthy contracts, the desire to fight and win goes. 

E53C29EC-4673-4065-B0D7-197E0E2C91CB.png

Agree that there are major issues at the top of the club...

....but I'm damn sure the players are, at least in part,  all over the place because of some of Monk's 'decisions'.