Deep rooted culture

14 minutes ago, Bing Cosby said:

An owner who insists on the final say on everything, but is never there.

His little helper who hangs around the training ground smoking and dictates transfer policy.

Senior players who think they can do as they please and then spit dummy out when they can't.

Lots of overpaid mediocre players who don't give a sh*t.

An assistant manager who has seemingly got a job for life, who's main skills are waving his arms about and throwing balls up for heading practice.

And that equals a failed football club.

Chansiri could make a lot of money in book sales though. He could write a New York Times bestseller ‘How not to run a football club’. A laugh on every page. 

16 minutes ago, Bing Cosby said:

His little helper who hangs around the training ground smoking and dictates transfer policy.

Senior players who think they can do as they please and then spit dummy out when they can't.

An assistant manager who has seemingly got a job for life, who's main skills are waving his arms about and throwing balls up for heading practice.

to reiterate, I’m not a monk fan at all, but you’ve nailed much of the problem 

• Like 1

I’ve just read the full transcript of Monk’s post-match press conference on-line. Interesting to say the least in what he isn’t saying or not being allowed to say. Talks about definite change happening in the summer regardless of who’s in charge. I wonder if one of the changes coming up is a change of owner?

I’m sick and tired of seeing these same players week after week not giving a crap about this club. I really would rather see people like Hunt and even Preston get some game time. Surely it can’t be any worse than this right now. At least they will put some bloody effort in. 

56 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I’ve just read the full transcript of Monk’s post-match press conference on-line. Interesting to say the least in what he isn’t saying or not being allowed to say. Talks about definite change happening in the summer regardless of who’s in charge. I wonder if one of the changes coming up is a change of owner?

I would love that to be the case but really doubt that. I think all he means is that a lot of these players are out of contract. 

2 hours ago, owls79 said:

Can anyone explain what exactly he means by that?

No we are left to guess just like when Carlos alluded to it, like when Jos alluded to it and like when Bullen has been at a loss for words to explain the lack of desire and background issues. 

Totally unfair on the fans that we are being kept in the dark and being asked to pay premium prices for everything.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, September65 said:

OP's question is bang on. What is the culture problem? 

Sounds like Chansiri hasn't got a clue, is never there, doesn't listen and has made consistently bad decisions having surrounded himself with bad advisors.

But when you have an apparently half decent squad and a manager who got us to third at Christmas, is it all about the Chairman?  What changed, what gave way?

The truth must out.

In any business operating like this sure you’d blame the workers to an extent but the manager who can’t motivate his staff and the CEO who has has piloted the club into stormy waters would be out on their ‘arrises too. They would carry the can.

Obviouly we can’t boot DC out but the ultimate responsibility lies utterly and totally with him. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bing Cosby said:

The first two statements.. how do you know that they are factual?

Rest I dont dispute but I cannot stand conjecture with no basis. How do you paxo dictates transfer policy? How do you know that Chansiri has the final say on everything (presuming you fundamentally mean transfers)?

Edited by Spondon Owl

16 minutes ago, Spondon Owl said:

The first two statements.. how do you know that they are factual?

Rest I dont dispute but I cannot stand conjecture with no basis. How do you paxo dictates transfer policy? How do you know that Chansiri has the final say on everything (presuming you fundamentally mean transfers)?

I know for a fact that the Chairman has the final say on everything.

When the pigs were promoted to the championship three years ago everything we told them about lack of investment holding them back and how we paying higher wages and transfer fees were on a different level should have been true but unfortunately for us we failed to notice we had no leadership and they did. Ok it was all from their manager but we didn’t have any at all levels and still don’t and that’s led to uncontrollable problems at the club that require a root and branch operation to sort out. All of this while the pigs have left us trailing is sickening, and anyone who says their success doesn’t make it worse is lying 

2 minutes ago, swfc4_sufc0 said:

I know for a fact that the Chairman has the final say on Everything.

I mean.. I'm excited. Are you able to say how you know?

If I actually had evidence that the guy was more in charge than the manager on transfers that would make my view change pretty significantly. But I currently have nothing other than conjecture.