Deep rooted culture

9 hours ago, Spondon Owl said:

The first two statements.. how do you know that they are factual?

Rest I dont dispute but I cannot stand conjecture with no basis. How do you paxo dictates transfer policy? How do you know that Chansiri has the final say on everything (presuming you fundamentally mean transfers)?

If you can't stand conjecture with no basis, I suggest you don't bother coming on here

lol

I know several people who work at the club. I could give you specific examples re Chansiri's behaviour but they could help identity my sources; I'm afraid I wouldn't be prepared to do that for anything...

Not least because there are endless examples already in the public domain which support what I'm saying. And no I don't just mean transfers (all chairman/owners ultimately give the go ahead to transfers) but the final say on all sorts of stupid sh*t that you wouldn't think anyone in his position would waste a second's thought on.

Paixao was introduced to The Chairman by MM, but his influence grew after Carlos was appointed... This is also the time that ''The Committee'' became pretty much dissolved (probably just a coincidence :ph34r:) He was referred to as Carlos' agent, until after Carlos left and he was still there and it became obvious he was an agent for something else. I don't think he wields the type of influence he did under CC, but Steve Bruce described him as ''part of the furniture'' and he's still at the training ground every single week, while The Chairman is no where to be seen... I'd say as he isn't an employee of Sheffield Wednesday, doesn't have a job title and isn't held to account by anyone in the media, that his influence is immeasurably beyond healthy... But I suppose you could just call that ''conjecture''

FFS.

• Thanks 4

7 minutes ago, Rhubarb n Custard said:

Wow.

Just wow.

How many managers in the history of the game have ever made such disparaging comments about their club whilst continuing to be employed by them ?

1. If it's that bad why not have the professional self respect to walk away ?

2. How many clubs would actually tolerate a manager making such a statement without parting by mutual consent soon after ?

Shows what an utter mess we are in.

I think I actually respect him more for having the balls to make the comments. The last thing we need is a yes man that just goes along with all the crap we have at the club. I do believe him saying that will cost him his job and we will get a yes man like Bullen employed. 

21 minutes ago, striker said:

That bit I agree with, but goes much higher than Monk, it comes from the top,  DC down, an absent owner with no executive team in place to run the club and embed culture day to day, rather letting Paxo run for him by proxy.

If you think just changing the manager will solve our problems, I think you will be disappointed.

I'm in no way suggesting that the problems stop at Monk, I have been one of Chansirs's biggest critics since the start of his English football caper but in the absence of a rich lunatic we are stuck with him. Monk is different and can be changed and is a terrible football coach/manager and has to go.

Just now, deano said:

What would you do, changing the manager is the only option. 

we haven't a clue what is going on, we can only guess.

IF dc and monk are discussing this, and monk has backstabbers in his squad (and lets be fair, other recent wednesday managers have had this problem with more or less the same players) then they have to find a way of bringing into the picture the rebelious, or telling them to stay at home and not come in.

either way this scenario may well be born of the silly arse idea of letting next to nobody go from the cash cow, whilst continuing to pay people who were past their best 2 years ago and not good enough to play, and or having a disruptive attitude.

personally IF we're talking of a couple of players, i'd bring 'em in, aske 'em their grievances, and offer them a future at the club IF they tow the line and we stay up, the moment we are safe sack the ******ds,

13 hours ago, deano said:

The only change we can make at this stage of the season, as we begin to flirt with relegation is to change the management, which has been nothing short of woeful for months. 

Monk leaves. DC has no one lined up (when has he ever?), which means Lee Bullen is the only coach at the club. 

Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse... 

3 minutes ago, bobness said:

Monk leaves. DC has no one lined up (when has he ever?), which means Lee Bullen is the only coach at the club. 

Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse... 

We need a change has it ever been more obvious. 

6 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

we haven't a clue what is going on, we can only guess.

IF dc and monk are discussing this, and monk has backstabbers in his squad (and lets be fair, other recent wednesday managers have had this problem with more or less the same players) then they have to find a way of bringing into the picture the rebelious, or telling them to stay at home and not come in.

either way this scenario may well be born of the silly arse idea of letting next to nobody go from the cash cow, whilst continuing to pay people who were past their best 2 years ago and not good enough to play, and or having a disruptive attitude.

personally IF we're talking of a couple of players, i'd bring 'em in, aske 'em their grievances, and offer them a future at the club IF they tow the line and we stay up, the moment we are safe sack the ******ds,

I think its generally accepted that a new manager often sees at least a short term improvement in results, that's the situation we are in. I agree the players should not down tools, of course, it's disgraceful and any that have done that should not be offered contracts. We still have to change the manager. 

14 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

I think I actually respect him more for having the balls to make the comments. The last thing we need is a yes man that just goes along with all the crap we have at the club. I do believe him saying that will cost him his job and we will get a yes man like Bullen employed. 

I respect him for making the comments too, but where does that leave him and the club. 

Comments like that can't be made and left to hang.

DC, this is where you are meant to come in. 

25 minutes ago, deano said:

You can be as sarcastic as you like, the only realistic option we have is to change our desperate position is to change the manager. 

Clubs chop and change managers all the time, we are no different. 

You put it all in Monk.

Such a short sighted view.

Successful clubs have sustainable plans leading to stability. 

Of the clubs who chop and  change all the time, how many are winning things. 

Unless we’re not bothered about winning things. 

3 minutes ago, deano said:

We need a change has it ever been more obvious. 

Our chairman takes bleeding ages to hire managers though. 

So what happens when Monk leaves? It means the only coach we have left is Bullen! One inexperienced coach to manage and coach a Championship team that's plummeting down the table like a rock. That's not going to fix things. 

Surely you can appreciate how difficult Monk's job must be, if he has to coach all aspects of the team on his own. It's mind boggling. 

2 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

You put it all in Monk.

Such a short sighted view.

Successful clubs have sustainable plans leading to stability. 

Of the clubs who chop and  change all the time, how many are winning things. 

Unless we’re not bothered about winning things. 

Our position is short sighted, of course other factors are influencing results but changing the manager is the only thing we can change. 

Fail to change and we fail to change. 

4 minutes ago, bobness said:

Our chairman takes bleeding ages to hire managers though. 

So what happens when Monk leaves? It means the only coach we have left is Bullen! One inexperienced coach to manage and coach a Championship team that's plummeting down the table like a rock. That's not going to fix things. 

Surely you can appreciate how difficult Monk's job must be, if he has to coach all aspects of the team on his own. It's mind boggling. 

It's not a case of right or wrong, it makes no difference to have sympathy for Monk, it's clearly a challenging position. 

We need a reaction from the players and changing the manager is the only realistic option. 

16 minutes ago, deano said:

I think its generally accepted that a new manager often sees at least a short term improvement in results, that's the situation we are in. I agree the players should not down tools, of course, it's disgraceful and any that have done that should not be offered contracts. We still have to change the manager. 

we DON'T 'have to' change the manager, and may not do so, it's up to dc not you or i, and dc has no history of knee jerk reactions, so don't be holding your breath unless someone is coughing near you.

Monk’s from the outside looking in had got a simple choice this week for me:-

He either resigns 

or 

He makes a point next week with a totally fresh look in the starting eleven

Unfortunately I suspect if he takes the second option then he’ll probably take some heat from above and subsequently get the sack? There are players who are getting selected game in, game out who shouldn’t be yet they are? Is it simply because Monk’s a garbage manager or as the tweet thread suggests there are other forces at work?

It’s not if we haven’t been in this situation before?

Edited by Great Big Galaa

47 minutes ago, Rhubarb n Custard said:

Wow.

Just wow.

How many managers in the history of the game have ever made such disparaging comments about their club whilst continuing to be employed by them ?

1. If it's that bad why not have the professional self respect to walk away ?

2. How many clubs would actually tolerate a manager making such a statement without parting by mutual consent soon after ?

Shows what an utter mess we are in.

I think it's quite interesting. He's laid a line in the sand and a message to the club. 'I see you, you can work with me and change things or you can get rid of me, the ball is in your court'

What happens next is anyone's guess.

3 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

we DON'T 'have to' change the manager, and may not do so, it's up to dc not you or i, and dc has no history of knee jerk reactions, so don't be holding your breath unless someone is coughing near you.

It's a forum for opinion, I'm well aware that it's not our decision to make. 

12 minutes ago, deano said:

It's not a case of right or wrong, it makes no difference to have sympathy for Monk, it's clearly a challenging position. 

We need a reaction from the players and changing the manager is the only realistic option. 

My point is that I don't think it's realistic to expect DC to bring in a new manager that quickly. So binning Monk just means we're stuck with Lee Bullen again. But this time it'll be worse, as Lee Bullen is the only coach left at the club (and I'm not convinced he's even a decent one)

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Bing Cosby said:

If you can't stand conjecture with no basis, I suggest you don't bother coming on here

lol

I know several people who work at the club. I could give you specific examples re Chansiri's behaviour but they could help identity my sources; I'm afraid I wouldn't be prepared to do that for anything...

Not least because there are endless examples already in the public domain which support what I'm saying. And no I don't just mean transfers (all chairman/owners ultimately give the go ahead to transfers) but the final say on all sorts of stupid sh*t that you wouldn't think anyone in his position would waste a second's thought on.

Paixao was introduced to The Chairman by MM, but his influence grew after Carlos was appointed... This is also the time that ''The Committee'' became pretty much dissolved (probably just a coincidence :ph34r:) He was referred to as Carlos' agent, until after Carlos left and he was still there and it became obvious he was an agent for something else. I don't think he wields the type of influence he did under CC, but Steve Bruce described him as ''part of the furniture'' and he's still at the training ground every single week, while The Chairman is no where to be seen... I'd say as he isn't an employee of Sheffield Wednesday, doesn't have a job title and isn't held to account by anyone in the media, that his influence is immeasurably beyond healthy... But I suppose you could just call that ''conjecture''

FFS.

Surely your “people that work there” would know DC can only spend so much time in the UK due to his visa restrictions and that AP is directly employed by the club, if they don’t I’d cast doubt on anything else they’ve told you.

10 minutes ago, deano said:

It's a forum for opinion, I'm well aware that it's not our decision to make. 

your opinion was 'we still have to change the manager' and 'changing the manager is the only realistic option' mine was the opposite of that, and went on to point out that the club may have differing opinions.