Look at this and tell me why..

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

At a fans forum

Two things to take from that then; 1) he's wrong and 2) should reduce the prices if they don't pay for anything. Which I suspect the financial peeps probably pointed out they do, hence them staying where they are. 

Just so you know, I'm not trying to say that Chansiri is infallible or perfect, rather that our prices are a necessary part of trying to fund the club.

Guest Ash76
56 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

reyt

Just a 5hite thread then

44 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Ahhh the old Owlsonline obsession with Owlstalk traffic and Neil being a multimillionaire off the back of it

Im sure theyre only obsessed cos of their 20 posts a day in total

Not been on there since Reesh blocked me for calling him out for being a full blown bellend. A shame he's on there, think he'd fit in better on here misen

:duntmatter:

3 hours ago, 0114 said:

He had us paying high prices before he overspent though. He didn’t put prices up once we overspent. He openly said in one of those fan forums “your ticket prices barely cover anything”

This has always bothered me. If our ticket sales don't make much of a difference anyway, why not make tickets more affordable? Done right, it might even see an uptick of sales in other areas. 

It's as if the club's ethos has very little to do with thinking about the fans. 

17 minutes ago, Minton said:

Two things to take from that then; 1) he's wrong and 2) should reduce the prices if they don't pay for anything. Which I suspect the financial peeps probably pointed out they do, hence them staying where they are. 

Just so you know, I'm not trying to say that Chansiri is infallible or perfect, rather that our prices are a necessary part of trying to fund the club.

Not really wrong is he 21000 season tickets at say average £550 is roughly 11 million. 1 player on £20000pw takes out over a million a season. We have numerous. Plus day to day running costs all add up

1 minute ago, Drewswfc said:

Not really wrong is he 21000 season tickets at say average £550 is roughly 11 million. 1 player on £20000pw takes out over a million a season. We have numerous. Plus day to day running costs all add up

And the POTG adds an extra £4m. That is 4 £1m salary players. Not nothing at all.

Guest LittleG
1 hour ago, ChinaOwl said:

I was well hacked off when Dalian Atkinson fecked off to Spain. I got over it quickly enough when I saw what Ron was doing with the money. Ditto, Harkes, Warhurst, Palmer etc. I soon moved on as I am sure was the case with most other supporters.

For the life of me I can't remember Ditto.

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

If anyone can explain why we have the highest ticket prices that would be great 

Without reading the rest of the thread it is very simple other than tv money the only income for the club is the fans.

Most of the sponsors have gone because of the prices charged, the only revenue is from companies with no employees, we don't have much in the way of corporate income and the stadium is barely used outside of match days oh and we don't sell players either.

Revenue from tickets and matchdays is about £18m a season, revenue from the tv money is about £7m (as per the 2018 accounts),

Compare this to Notts Forest just next to us in your table their income of £25m (same as ours comes from)

Sponsorship £1.7m, Catering £1.3m, Grants & Royalties £8m, TV and radio £0.8m, tickets and membership £7.2m, Commercial £1.1m, Programme and other MD income £0.4m, Players 1.6m, retail sales £2.6m.

But they made £11m from the sale of players as well.

5 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

35D31B57-7284-400F-B7A1-F6E24FACE7B8.png

3DE2DC0A-43B2-4426-A8C1-6545D42F08AE.png

This one is for all the fans who say that the high ticket prices are justified because we have to contribute more so that we can compete/get promoted 

Look at all the other clubs that charge way less than we do for tickets 

Look at the above and then explain it to me because I’m confused

So is this yet another look at me, our ticket prices are higher than everyone else and we are not performing. We all know this and don't need another thread.

1 hour ago, bobness said:

This has always bothered me. If our ticket sales don't make much of a difference anyway, why not make tickets more affordable? Done right, it might even see an uptick of sales in other areas. 

It's as if the club's ethos has very little to do with thinking about the fans. 

Same. It’s wound me up since the day he said it. Then you get the brain dead’s who defend him saying we have to pay more to cope with FFP... when he’s openly said it makes little to no difference.

1 hour ago, Ash76 said:

Just a 5hite thread then

Not been on there since Reesh blocked me for calling him out for being a full blown bellend. A shame he's on there, think he'd fit in better on here misen

:duntmatter:

I can't believe you're banned lol

Made my afternoon that

I always knew you and I would find some common ground!!! 

1 hour ago, Harrysgame said:

So is this yet another look at me, our ticket prices are higher than everyone else and we are not performing. We all know this and don't need another thread.

apologies - will remember to get your permission before we have any new threads to discuss

Owlstalk Shop

4 hours ago, toppOwl said:

Buy players with potential and sell at profit - Can you imagine the outcry if we did this

Improve commercial side of business - What would you suggest

Increase positive comms to fans - This was ok up to a year ago

Improve Matchday catering - We've tried out sourcing and doing it in house - neither worked

Ensure ticket purchasing is easy - I've never had issues with this

Acquire major sponsorships - What major sponsors will a middling Championship club attract
Attract corporate partners and keep them - Agree

Scout and secure the best youth for academy - Again this is a struggle for a team in our position, the better young players migrate to bigger clubs.

All good ideas in principle the reality is very different.

a lot of excuses for poor management there

6 hours ago, pat blondeau said:

Yes this has been coming for a few years. But anyone who called it out on here was labelled a bedwetter or told to ‘grow a pair’ by the usuals

Who are getting quieter by the day.

Give them another month, and they'll be saying they knew DC was a wrong un all along.