Look at this and tell me why..

29 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Be amazed if anybody buys us before admin

Admin would wipe out all the 10 year season ticket deals and Club 1867s and make much more sense than losing all that revenue that will have been spent in propping us up

administration is an almost certainty ,we need a minimum of 62 points this season to avoid relegation ,not happening is it . the club just isn't sellable , toxic fanbase ,some just now wont return , losing over 20 million a season with 25% of future gate money already spent . and an owner asking  for well over 100 million for us ,I can see a load of vultures flying over the pitch soon ready to eat those pigeons way before anyone buys our club. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, davey_wells said:

In fairness a couple of months ago we were 3rd - in which case it would be well justified to charge loads.

This is also last season's graph.

And I dont think communication on strategy from the club has anything to do with it (look at Man Utd as a classic example - their fans must wonder what the hell is going on)

So being third justifies rip off prices? 

10 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

35D31B57-7284-400F-B7A1-F6E24FACE7B8.png

3DE2DC0A-43B2-4426-A8C1-6545D42F08AE.png

This one is for all the fans who say that the high ticket prices are justified because we have to contribute more so that we can compete/get promoted 

Look at all the other clubs that charge way less than we do for tickets 

Look at the above and then explain it to me because I’m confused

Yeah but when those clubs get an offer of £10m or £12m for one of their players they cash in.

And then reinvest it in players of an age that might go up in value.

And then when they do, they sell them again.

And then reinvest in players Of an age that might go up in value.

And then reinvest in Players......

44 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Be amazed if anybody buys us before admin

Admin would wipe out all the 10 year season ticket deals and Club 1867s and make much more sense than losing all that revenue that will have been spent in propping us up

Whilst what you say is technically correct, I cannot see any new owner failing to honour such schemes even after Admin.

Basically, the only thing a new owner would be buying is the goodwill of the fan base so wouldn’t jeopardise it.  They’d simply make sure that any offer they made to the Administrator reflected that commitment.

And that is why we won’t go into Admin. Chansiri loses control of negotiation process.  He’ll just have to swallow his pride and accept a lower offer.

of course, the ground not being in the Company slightly changes the dynamics.....

10 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Yeah but when those clubs get an offer of £10m or £12m for one of their players they cash in.

And then reinvest it in players of an age that might go up in value.

And then reinvest in players Of an age that might go up in value.

And then reinvest in Players...…

If it's true that DC stopped the Rhodes to Celtic loan, and Westwood to Huddersfield in the Jan window, it beggars belief. 

We could have used this cash to insulate ourselves from a potential points deduction. Central midfielder and a keeper could have a) replaced the two naughty step players, and added much needed cover. It was reckless and stupid.

I thing DC is that much of a narcissist, that he won't accept that there could be different outcomes to the one he have planned for. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Still doesn’t answer why we are paying the highest ticket prices and yet are plummeting down the league, have poor facilities, poor catering experience and non existent communications from the club on strategy 

Gotta milk the cow haven’t you 

6 hours ago, handworth52 said:

administration is an almost certainty ,we need a minimum of 62 points this season to avoid relegation ,not happening is it . the club just isn't sellable , toxic fanbase ,some just now wont return , losing over 20 million a season with 25% of future gate money already spent . and an owner asking  for well over 100 million for us ,I can see a load of vultures flying over the pitch soon ready to eat those pigeons way before anyone buys our club. 

We have no debt, so I'm not sure where you get the notion that we are months away from administration.

• Like 1

I don’t think we’ll go into admin, but I’m just as unsure why you’re saying we have no debt, especially when we’ve had this conversation before and agreed (as stated in the accounts) that the club owes Chansiri a large amount of money. That’s debt.

To save us the bother I suppose the conversation will run like this...

On 19/05/2019 at 13:36, Sonny said:

Doesn’t the club owe Chansiri a fortune (£37m in the last accounts) in loans? That seems like debt to me. He may own 100% of the club but DC and the club are not one and the same.

On 19/05/2019 at 13:39, Minton said:

Much like We owed loans to Milan. It's a way for an owner to invest money into a club and still guarantee that they aren't left millions out of pocket if/when they sell the club. 

On 19/05/2019 at 13:43, Sonny said:

Yes, but it’s debt isn’t it. So we aren’t debt free.

On 19/05/2019 at 13:44, Minton said:

I get your point, but it's not realised debt. They are probably not repayable until we meet certain criteria, such as promotion or sale of the club

On 19/05/2019 at 13:46, Sonny said:

It’s debt. You said we’re debt free and now you’re proceeding to tell me all about the debt.

27 minutes ago, teddybeararmy said:

For once I have to agree with Minton, how would we go into administration if all the money is owed to the owner? 

That depends on the continuation of Chansiri to have the ability and willingness to continue funding the club ad infinitum. I am not inferring or implying that is the case, only that it remains an ongoing possibility. Obviously, if that were to happen, the club would be insolvent and eventually unable to meet its costs. 

1 hour ago, ChinaOwl said:

That depends on the continuation of Chansiri to have the ability and willingness to continue funding the club ad infinitum. I am not inferring or implying that is the case, only that it remains an ongoing possibility. Obviously, if that were to happen, the club would be insolvent and eventually unable to meet its costs. 

Granted if his backers turned off the taps it would be a possibility but surely if it got to that extent he would sell the football club to the first chancer / mug that came along, then keep the ground and rent it back to recoup some of his or their losses. 

1 minute ago, teddybeararmy said:

Granted if his backers turned off the taps it would be a possibility but surely if it got to that extent he would sell the football club to the first chancer / mug that came along, then keep the ground and rent it back to recoup some of his or their losses. 

There are numerous possibilities all of which are entirely unpredictable. We should not assume, however, that DC is a bottomless pit of cash. Only he really knows how long he can sustain these losses for and what he intends to do in the medium to long term.

32 minutes ago, teddybeararmy said:

I dont think renting the Stadium back is a go'er, new investers might just ground share till they have built a state of the art complex with cinemas, dog track,

speedway, swimming baths, pubs, restaurants, etc, just before getting us promoted to the Prem, which we win in our first year back, 

err, got carried away a bit after making my point. 

PS

the swimming baths were for my Grandaughters.

16 minutes ago, daleblue said:

I dont think renting the Stadium back is a go'er, new investers might just ground share till they have built a state of the art complex with cinemas, dog track,

speedway, swimming baths, pubs, restaurants, etc, just before getting us promoted to the Prem, which we win in our first year back, 

err, got carried away a bit after making my point. 

PS

the swimming baths were for my Grandaughters.

If only there was a plot of land close to the ground where some of the above could have been built :ph34r:

1 minute ago, teddybeararmy said:

If only there was a plot of land close to the ground where some of the above could have been built :ph34r:

As long as it's still in the floodplain, should be cheap.

10 hours ago, Minton said:

We have no debt, so I'm not sure where you get the notion that we are months away from administration.

regards that if chansiri pulled the plug on us then what? upto last season we are losing 20 million a season . then with likely relegation we lose another 8-10 million through loss of income sky, efl etc .as well as been stuck with Rhodes 40k a week westwoods 25k etc as no1 will touch those 2 of those terms. the question is can we get 62 points? as the12 points is happening its just when. do you think we can get 62 points? I don't ,not with our midfield. plus any future buyer will be put right off with chansiris 100 million plus what he wants for us and already appx 25% of future gate receipts/season ticket money has been spent , in my book it all leads to one place massive financial problems. why has the efl allowed and allowing clubs to be ruined . look at hull city they charge kids adult prices and have asset stripped they are on the way to league 1. who knows how chansiri might react? if he starts to get a lot of hostility he might just decide to cut his losses and asset strip ,leave us in administration . im no expert regards all this but it all don't look good does it. 

On 03/03/2020 at 09:12, @owlstalk said:

35D31B57-7284-400F-B7A1-F6E24FACE7B8.png

3DE2DC0A-43B2-4426-A8C1-6545D42F08AE.png

This one is for all the fans who say that the high ticket prices are justified because we have to contribute more so that we can compete/get promoted 

Look at all the other clubs that charge way less than we do for tickets 

Look at the above and then explain it to me because I’m confused

Tell me why Boro are whining?