Look at this and tell me why..

8 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

Buy players with potential and sell at profit - Can you imagine the outcry if we did this

Is there much of an outcry at Leeds after they’ve sold Chris Wood, Ronaldo Vieira, Kemar Roofe and Pontus Jansson (all for a big profit) over the last few years as they head for promotion?

• Thanks 1

Just now, toppOwl said:

I fully agree but many are citing Brentford as a sterling example of how to run a club, they have never looked like getting promoted but continually sell their best players, our fans are baying for the Premier League you won't attain it doing this.

Brentford have a far better chance than us this season.

1 minute ago, pat blondeau said:

Is there much of an outcry at Leeds after they’ve sold Chris Wood, Ronaldo Vieira, Kemar Roofe and Pontus Jansson (all for a big profit) over the last few years as they head for promotion?

No thats not the point I'm making, they are selling/buying at an acceptable rate and doing what we should have done, people on here are citing the Brentford model as the way forward

3 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

I live in North Yorkshire and there was a huge outcry at the time as most fans don't see the bigger picture when moving players on (sounds a bit familiar to S6)

4 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

I fully agree but many are citing Brentford as a sterling example of how to run a club, they have never looked like getting promoted but continually sell their best players, our fans are baying for the Premier League you won't attain it doing this.

When have our fans been ‘baying’ for the premier league? I must have missed that.

It was DC that gave the two year target for promotion when he took over. Nothing to do with the fans 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

That doesn’t make us a well ran club

And it definitely doesn’t explain why our tickets are the highest priced in the league

I didn't say we were a well run club, far from it but the solutions you highlighted are flawed in the extreme.

2 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

I live in North Yorkshire and there was a huge outcry at the time as most fans don't see the bigger picture when moving players on (sounds a bit familiar to S6)

I was well hacked off when Dalian Atkinson fecked off to Spain. I got over it quickly enough when I saw what Ron was doing with the money. Ditto, Harkes, Warhurst, Palmer etc. I soon moved on as I am sure was the case with most other supporters.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

When have our fans been ‘baying’ for the premier league? I must have missed that.

It was DC that gave the two year target for promotion when he took over. Nothing to do with the fans 

Have you been living in a hole for the past 20 years - We have been baying for the PL every year since relegation from it.

1 minute ago, pat blondeau said:

Didn't he say words to the effect that it would be nice to be in the Prem for the 150 year anniversary it wasn't a target. 

3 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

To be fair he didn't set a target it was more a wish for the 150th anniversary, of course as a club the majority of fans want top flight football.

2 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

I was well hacked off when Dalian Atkinson fecked off to Spain. I got over it quickly enough when I saw what Ron was doing with the money. Ditto, Harkes, Warhurst, Palmer etc. I soon moved on as I am sure was the case with most other supporters.

Dalian Atkinson was a needed sale - the moving on of Palmer was a huge mistake but that is another discussion for another time 

Just now, soldierboyblue said:

Dalian Atkinson was a needed sale - the moving on of Palmer was a huge mistake but that is another discussion for another time 

Aye, but it shows players come and go. Supporters should accept it as reality and move on. It happens at all clubs (not enough at Wednesday in the last five years sadly).

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

Or is your character assessment just from what you have read and think is true?

yes