Look at this and tell me why..

22 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Who are getting quieter by the day.

Give them another month, and they'll be saying they knew DC was a wrong un all along.

Many of us have been raising concerns for ages, not because we dislike DC personally (which is somehow how criticism is construed), but because there were glaring signs something was wrong. When leveling our criticism we have reiterated that we hope DC sorts it out, and that we hope he has finally learned, etc. At the end of the day he seems like a decent bloke, but being "decent" doesn't cut it when it comes to running a business, especially when it's one we, as fans, are heavily invested in. Five years in, and by virtually all accounts, it appears DC has foooked things up good and proper.

If it's true that Monk hasn't been allowed to be sufficiently involved in rebuilding a squad, it would mean that DC has learned nothing. While many may celebrate the fact Monk may not be involved (because they think he's the wrong man for the job), surely they must agree that in principle, hiring a manager and then hamstringing his ability to do his job is absolute madness.

At this point, the only practical avenue seems to be one where DC finds a buyer, and is finally willing to cut his losses. I used to say that DC just needs to hire some professionals to do the job, but if he hasn't figured that out in five years, it's unlikely he ever will.

Edited by bobness
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

could do that by

Player sales at profit

Creating a better Matchday experience

Making ticket buying more attractive and easier 

Improving the catering on matchdays

etc etc

Your ideas would be bread and butter to a well run club. 

I'm utterly convinced that our owner has limited experience of running a business.

9 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

The vast majority of clubs that are spending more than us have had parachute payments to support that spending. It clearly hasn't worked but we are paying for high wages. I explained this is one of your other multiple threads that you started recently but you seem to pick and choose what you want to debate when provided with certain answers.

Not only this, but to quote the snorter, “ we’ve spunked”all that money and the likes of Big Dave and Joey still get game time. The recruitment is wee wee poor. 

7 hours ago, pat blondeau said:

It was £43 in the south stand on Saturday so £36 to £43 for non members.

It’s £33 to £39 for the next two home games against Forest and West Brom

TBF - They’ve not changed much from the August game in 2015 against Bristol City. 

I think it would have been £43:00 for me to sit in the South to watch second division football.

It wasn’t for me - nothing has changed and I haven’t watched us in the flesh since. Including the playoffs/final.

And, posters on here shouted people down for objecting to the rip off POTG prices.

Mainly, S/T holders, concessions and OAP’s. 

Fan against fan - the Club is now a joke and soon, will no longer be the most attractive Club in the City if not already.

Sadly, I don’t see any short term relief.

I actual fear for its long term future. The Club is a basket case.

Its sad but if I’m honest, I only take a sideways/distant view now. I’m pretty ambivalent as to it’s future.

You reap what you sow (the fan base that is). I’m not wasting sympathy for many on here.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Animis said:

That's what DC will end up doing.

You actually think he’s got an organised withdrawal plan?

You think the Club will keep haemorrhaging money until someone else buys in?

Only after some sort of Admin, is my bet.

The current business plan is unsustainable. Even for someone else to take on.

3 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

You actually think he’s got an organised withdrawal plan?

You think the Club will keep haemorrhaging money until someone else buys in?

The current business plan is unsustainable. Even for someone else to take on.

There's nothing organized about DC.

However, I believe his family won't tolerate this for long. In the end DC is funded by the family business, and his or their business assessment of SWFC moving forward is simple - continue and we hemorrhage £15m per year. This debt will mount up and has to sit somewhere. The trading company he's set up is a front, so he's no other source of income/revenue other than his savings/inheritance or family investment. 

They'll pull the plug on his vanity project in good time.

5 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Most owners want short term success not many clubs plan for the long term. 

Yes, most owners want Short term success but have a contingency plan. I doubt this bloke even knows what a contingency plan is 

12 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

Be amazed if anybody buys us before admin

Admin would wipe out all the 10 year season ticket deals and Club 1867s and make much more sense than losing all that revenue that will have been spent in propping us up

5 minutes ago, Animis said:

There's nothing organized about DC.

However, I believe his family won't tolerate this for long. In the end DC is funded by the family business, and his or their business assessment of SWFC moving forward is simple - continue and we hemorrhage £15m per year. This debt will mount up and has to sit somewhere. The trading company he's set up is a front, so he's no other source of income/revenue other than his savings/inheritance or family investment. 

They'll pull the plug on his vanity project in good time.

Losing £15m a year??

I'm sure Mr C would be delighted if it was only that

The ground sale is a classic example of things unraveling quickly, and DC taking someone's advice to sell it to himself quickly to avoid a points' deduction.

Not withstanding the rubbish management of this - delayed accounts; quickly setting up a front company; two of the three directors standing down and one leaving altogether, left him in another (self-inflicted) hole.

We should remember that this 'asset sale' is simply a 'back-to front' valuation in the books. Hillsborough isn't worth £60m, it actually worth less than £10m to a developer, and this would be subject to planning.

£60m is a depreciated cost of relocating. DC won't commit to moving; so we're stuck in a stadium that continues to depreciate. Hillsborough is actually a liability to any potential buyer, not asset. This £60m is essentially a figure in the books, but it masks the actually loses in 2017/18 which will still be real when the club in valued as a whole.

I would say the club is worth less now than when he bought it in 2015. There's no way he will get the cash he's subsequently invested back.

5 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Be amazed if anybody buys us before admin

Admin would wipe out all the 10 year season ticket deals and Club 1867s and make much more sense than losing all that revenue that will have been spent in propping us up

I find the thought of people giving this bloke money in advance, absolutely incredible.

I’d be worried about advancing him, just season ticket money.

Its all pretty sad really. Trading on people’s loyalties, traditions and emotions.

There are non so blind as those that cannot see.

If I’m honest, I was never happier than when Lee was involved. 

He made me get off my backside and commit.

the figures are slightly misleading ,for starters that's not 12 months chansiri dragged it out to 14months ,and that was at the peak when users like abdi,hooper,jones matias the list is endless have all left so id guess that the next accounts will show the wage bill going down , im expecting our wage bill to be much lower in 2 years ,chansiri is done with us totally lost interest ,he hates been criticised. he wants out but who is going to buy the car crash what he has made? where as much as 25% of the revenue has been spent over next 3-5-10 years. I see us in league 2 within 3 years maybe sooner if the league hit us twice with points deductions. I don't know what the lowest wage budget is in league 1 but its quite possible next season Rhodes might earn more than that than  an entire squad . 

9 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Still doesn’t answer why we are paying the highest ticket prices and yet are plummeting down the league, have poor facilities, poor catering experience and non existent communications from the club on strategy 

In fairness a couple of months ago we were 3rd - in which case it would be well justified to charge loads.

This is also last season's graph.

And I dont think communication on strategy from the club has anything to do with it (look at Man Utd as a classic example - their fans must wonder what the hell is going on)