Look at this and tell me why..

6 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

So how about taking a "Brentford" model and improving on it by the additional financial input?

That's the route I hoped we would take but when the chance of promotion came along so quick he went for it derailing the option for a evolution plan by following it up by going for all out promotion the

following season. 

Evolution is better than revolution

2 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

Have you been living in a hole for the past 20 years - We have been baying for the PL every year since relegation from it.

How do you define ‘baying for the PL’?

It’s been more hope than expectation from me. And no manager has ever been sacked or given a hard time from the fans because they didn’t get us up.

Apart from two years we’ve never been close. And even in those two years the odds were never in our favour to go up

Just now, pat blondeau said:

How do you define ‘baying for the PL’?

It’s been more hope than expectation from me. And no manager has ever been sacked or given a hard time from the fans because they didn’t get us up.

Apart from two years we’ve never been close. And even in those two years the odds were never in our favour to go up

The 2 years we came close we should have gone up and we never turned up at either game against Hull or Huddersfield

CC was given a hard time due his inability to get us up but the rest of the managers I agree. 

3 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

That's the route I hoped we would take but when the chance of promotion came along so quick he went for it derailing the option for a evolution plan by following it up by going for all out promotion the

following season. 

Evolution is better than revolution

In most cases yes but look at City revolution has given them unbridled success

1 hour ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

The galling thing is we finally get a rich owner and due to FFP we are stopped in our tracks.  Then we have to compete against clubs with parachute payments 

Are you in Lala land?!!

Due to FFP we are stopped in our tracks?!! I've heard it all now! So it's FFPs fault we have a clown in charge?

Due to Chancer's zero plan we are fvcked!! That's more like the truth.

As I said to a friend as he boarded the Wembley Bandwagon, 'If we lose today we will be fvcked for years'.

Well, whadyaknow!!

• Thanks 1

Just now, Rodger Wylde said:

Are you in Lala land?!!

Due to FFP we are stopped in our tracks?!! I've heard it all now! So it's FFPs fault we have a clown in charge?

Due to Chancer's zero plan we are fvcked!! That's more like the truth.

As I said to a friend as he boarded the Wembley Bandwagon, 'If we lose today we will be fvcked for years'.

Well, whadyaknow!!

Yeah we all knew that. We gambled we lost. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

Can't decide if the OP is stirring or looking to drive traffic, probably both

Ahhh the old Owlsonline obsession with Owlstalk traffic and Neil being a multimillionaire off the back of it

Im sure theyre only obsessed cos of their 20 posts a day in total

Edited by Guest

4 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

The 2 years we came close we should have gone up and we never turned up at either game against Hull or Huddersfield

CC was given a hard time due his inability to get us up but the rest of the managers I agree. 

We were never odds on to go up.

Hull had a better side than us... they had a lot of premier league experience, Andy Robertson at left back and Harry Maguire was on the bench for them not even getting a game.

The second year was a great opportunity with how the play offs opened up but we’d not been convincing for the majority of that season so it wasn’t just a case of not turning up against Huddersfield.

To use the phrase ‘should have gone up’, I think that a team should have spent a large part of the season in the top 2 which we never did because we were never one of the best 2 or 3 sides in the league

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

Come on i saw the players on saturday pointing at your car with jealously completely out of their price range 

🚗🚗🚗🚗

LOL 

Anyone pointing at my car is doing so out of sheer hysterics as to how it still remains on the road 🤣🤣

Owlstalk Shop

Its surprises me that there is still an ongoing debate. 

The following data is a perfect example of why we have declined massively as a squad. Why we haven't finished declining and why we have a hell of job in rebuiliding a squad against a backdrop of embargos. 

Now some fans will complain about FFP and tell us that Chansiri has all the money in the world and would happily spend it if evil FFP wasn't in the way but most can now see through that. 

Most clubs have traded their way through this. Many have aspired to reinvest in talent with future potential. Many have realised the market potential and ridiculous transfer fees that they can reap if a player proves to be a success. 

Not only that but many have a structure within their club that allows for growth, sustainability and the potential for success without putting themselves in an embargo situation that in my opinion can put teams in negative momentum for 3-5 years minimum.

When people use the argument that Brentford haven't gone up yet or that Brentford will mess it up. Well historically they are batting well above their average. They have a secure medium to long term future and they are consistently making money for their club which has allowed them to upscale their facilities and grow their brand. 

For many fans the growth of the club seems insignificiant as they elect to ignore our decrepid facilities, archaic megastore and culling of future fans and POTG potential through short term strategies. I could go on. 

Screenshot_20200202-134659_Chrome.jpg

1 hour ago, Minton said:

Do you think that would bring in more money than we make with the current pricing? The average attendance figures pre Chansiri suggest not...

Plus the season ticket figures you've quoted are in line with the 10 year season ticket.

Ticket prices shouldnt matter, Chansiri said tickets pay for nowt