Nightmare scenario

The way the team is playing..we are freefalling towards relegation.....Would it be better to take the points deduction now....rather than next season.... Otherwise we could be relegated AND start next season in league one on minus 12-21 points???:Chansiri::1276983839_MonkHome:

• Thanks 1

This isn’t just a bad run, we are in free fall, with a manager who’s clueless on how to halt it. We can’t do much about any points deduction, other than what we’ve tried to do, which is buy time. The problem is, we never used that time to give ourselves a cushion. Unless we are planning for a long term rebuild in League One, we need to find someone who can arrest this slump

I remember when Leeds tried to do that by going into administration at the end of the season when they were already about to get relegated. Then they got a points deduction slapped on for the start of the next season for failing to come out of administration in time.

Just now, gurujuan said:

This isn’t just a bad run, we are in free fall, with a manager who’s clueless on how to halt it. We can’t do much about any points deduction, other than what we’ve tried to do, which is buy time. The problem is, we never used that time to give ourselves a cushion. Unless we are planning for a long term rebuild in League One, we need to find someone who can arrest this slump

Agreed. This is not just a bad run of form, but the culmination of several years of mistakes. 

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

Any point deduction imo will see us in league one next season. With the way the players are “performing” I couldn’t see them having the fight to get out of a relegation battle. 

How would that impact our financial situation, with regards to FFP? 

5 minutes ago, nilsson said:

From the sky sports article on Friday it’s coming this season:

The EFL have confirmed to Sky Sports News that the process is "ongoing".

Wednesday were charged by the EFL in November and will face the disciplinary commission before the conclusion of the current season.

The way were are going they would have to add us points on to stay in the championship !

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

I saw the title and thought...………….

Liverpool win the Premier League

Blunts qualify for Champions League

Wednesday with points reduction relegated to League 1

Worst season ever ??

This is exactly what I realised last night when Liverpool won again. 

Could add Leeds to get promoted too.  

17 minutes ago, Hughdowd said:

The way the team is playing..we are freefalling towards relegation.....Would it be better to take the points deduction now....rather than next season.... Otherwise we could be relegated AND start next season in league one on minus 12-21 points???:Chansiri::1276983839_MonkHome:

With Monk in charge, hoofing the ball aimlessly as we play 1 man up front at home to AFC Wimbledon... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

I saw the title and thought...………….

Liverpool win the Premier League

Blunts qualify for Champions League

Wednesday with points reduction relegated to League 1

Worst season ever ??

I always live life being positive but that is a very real scenario 

7 minutes ago, 4evaowl said:

If 12 points or less, then definitely take it this season then start with a clean slate next season - in whatever division that is.

If we'd taken it last season then the maximum deduction would have been 12 points. Now the EFL can impose up to another 9 points for aggravation.

What worries me is that the punishment will start next season, in effect screwing that one up too. DC lacks common sense IMO.

25 minutes ago, 4evaowl said:

If 12 points or less, then definitely take it this season then start with a clean slate next season - in whatever division that is.

Does it wipe the slate clean even after punishment? I’d just take the hit this season but 12 points or over and it’s relegation nailed on.