Nightmare scenario

9 hours ago, nilsson said:

From the sky sports article on Friday it’s coming this season:

The EFL have confirmed to Sky Sports News that the process is "ongoing".

Wednesday were charged by the EFL in November and will face the disciplinary commission before the conclusion of the current season.

Well it needs to come this season. If it

comes next season then it affects yet another year of football. What we have to do right now is mitigate what effect any points deduction will have on the current one. If we end up in League One next season then what an indictment that would be of DCs tenure. 

2 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

Don't agree he is ripping 'us' off.  Certainly isn't ripping me off. Isn't ripping my son's off & from what i see on here, most season ticket holder's seem more than happy with what they're paying.

If you are referring to "Us" as in POTG "us", then that's a different argument. A massively minority argument, but maybe an argument nevertheless.

Re your last point, I would agree that in hindsight most of what he has done has been proved to be "ill judged".  Ill judged in hindsight, although i don't recall too many kicking up a fuss at the time, Naive, badly advised, you name it & DCs probably got the T shirt.

All I would say is that he did it with the best intentions. (Whether that counts for anything I'm not sure). 

I would also say, again, though, that to lay EVERYTHING at DCs door and to pretend everything was sweetness & light before he arrived is totally disingenuous.

Plays nicely into the anti DC rhetoric though.

Wow.  What a load of guff that part I’ve highlighted is.

Quite a lot of our season ticket holders feel like their ST is significantly overpriced.

The main saving grace is that getting a ST means you’re not being ripped-off as much as our POTG-ers are.

And at £33-39 to watch us play Reading yesterday, who on earth would want to POTG?

8 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

Don't agree he is ripping 'us' off.  Certainly isn't ripping me off. Isn't ripping my son's off & from what i see on here, most season ticket holder's seem more than happy with what they're paying.

If you are referring to "Us" as in POTG "us", then that's a different argument. A massively minority argument, but maybe an argument nevertheless.

Re your last point, I would agree that in hindsight most of what he has done has been proved to be "ill judged".  Ill judged in hindsight, although i don't recall too many kicking up a fuss at the time, Naive, badly advised, you name it & DCs probably got the T shirt.

All I would say is that he did it with the best intentions. (Whether that counts for anything I'm not sure). 

I would also say, again, though, that to lay EVERYTHING at DCs door and to pretend everything was sweetness & light before he arrived is totally disingenuous.

Plays nicely into the anti DC rhetoric though.

The season tickets are more expensive than most but if people are happy then that’s that . I bought one this year it  I’ve probably been to 6 games . The thought of watching that tripe on my well earned day off doesn’t appeal one bit . The potg fans are now non existent , we don’t attract new fans due to this and being utter rubbish on the field . If you were new to the city Or a young un with no allegiance,  who would you chose the cheaper team whos chasing champions league football or the one who gets hammered every week in the 2nd tier . 

I do lay everything at his door , I’ve been vocal about him since day one. the ticket prices being the first tell tale sign he’s clueless . I can’t name one positive from his tenure , and before anyone says it , limping to a defeat at Wembley is not a positive . 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AndersonOWL said:

I do love wednesday but i will go as far as saying I have never felt more distant from it all as these last few months, the matches have become chores

Exactly , most feel like that . 40 mins into the Blackburn match I got up knowing I won’t return until chansiri has gone . I don’t see the point in getting behind a club who’s owner is useless and players are the most inept, gutless bunch ever to wear the shirt 

8 hours ago, zzmdu said:

Everything he's done???

2 play off finishes & signed the most successful Championship manager in its history.

Ah yes two unsuccessful play off defeats. Missed this one :duntmatter:. Certainly more than makes up for signing so much dross , charging the highest prices for tickets / shirts in the league , alienating all corporate clients , facing a huge point deduction and end up back in league one worse than ever.  But hey it’s all good because we finished in the top six twice .... give me strength 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, james o connor said:

Ah yes two unsuccessful play off defeats. Missed this one :duntmatter:. Certainly more than makes up for signing so much dross , charging the highest prices for tickets / shirts in the league , alienating all corporate clients , facing a huge point deduction and end up back in league one worse than ever.  But hey it’s all good because we finished in the top six twice .... give me strength 

Wow, we really have some self entitled spoilt babies.

Chansiri's aim was/is to get us into the PL. We've not been close in the 20 years prior to his arrival.

He gave it a good go, but we didn't quite make it. Because of this fans like you are throwing teddies and stamping up & down.

Grow a pair, every season, c14 clubs/chairman give it a good realistic go. Only 3 places. 

Most seasons, c2-6 clubs, bend/break spending rules, to get promoted. Ours was one of these.

The anti CC stuff is embarrassing.

Edited by zzmdu
Edit

9 hours ago, Westfield Owl said:

Wow.  What a load of guff that part I’ve highlighted is.

Quite a lot of our season ticket holders feel like their ST is significantly overpriced.

The main saving grace is that getting a ST means you’re not being ripped-off as much as our POTG-ers are.

And at £33-39 to watch us play Reading yesterday, who on earth would want to POTG?

I love  it when people want to tell you personally that you are getting ripped off as if you are unable to form your own opinion.

There was another poster earlier who had the same thing & equated it to Remainers telling us we “didn’t understand” The arguments.

Also, can you tell me in which universe £20 per game on the Kop is a “rip off”. 

3 hours ago, james o connor said:

The season tickets are more expensive than most but if people are happy then that’s that . I bought one this year it  I’ve probably been to 6 games . The thought of watching that tripe on my well earned day off doesn’t appeal one bit . The potg fans are now non existent , we don’t attract new fans due to this and being utter rubbish on the field . If you were new to the city Or a young un with no allegiance,  who would you chose the cheaper team whos chasing champions league football or the one who gets hammered every week in the 2nd tier . 

I do lay everything at his door , I’ve been vocal about him since day one. the ticket prices being the first tell tale sign he’s clueless . I can’t name one positive from his tenure , and before anyone says it , limping to a defeat at Wembley is not a positive . 

Most of that has been covered in previous posts.

Argument about the support being conditional  and only attending when they’re playing well.

The ‘cover all’ argument re ticket prices, when in reality ST prices ARE reasonable.

The “all the new fans will go to the Lane” argument. When history totally refutes this. They’ve had the whip hand before as we have and LONG TERM makes no difference to the support.

Like I said, it’s been covered in much greater detail previously and the two camps both have their own point of view. 
Like you say, you had made your mind up from day one so clearly (as in a lot of the anti DC lobby) the judge & jury had already reached their verdict.

Unlike a lot in the other camp that agree he has fuc**d up, but not due to anything other than naivety, bad advice and craving immediate success. 

The other major difference is that people who accept these mitigating factors, also don’t assume (especially in light of our history) that things would automatically be better with an unknown, unproven replacement.

They would still have to wrestle with the infrastructure issues. They may increase ST prices to facilitate cheaper POTG. Who knows. 

The only constant is that anyone who took over would still be a businessman and still have to run it as such. 

People need to realise there is no magic solution that amazingly makes is viable, successful, and at a price that would keep people on here happy (FOC)!!!

20 hours ago, Owls_fan_since_1983 said:

Sheffield United win the FA Cup and getting into the champions league.

Whilst Sheffield Wednesday end up being made to play in the national north after we get kicked out the league due to FFP. 

£36 to watch Bradford Park Avenue. 

Bargain. 

1 hour ago, zzmdu said:

Wow, we really have some self entitled spoilt babies.

Chansiri's aim was/is to get us into the PL. We've not been close in the 20 years prior to his arrival.

He gave it a good go, but we didn't quite make it. Because of this fans like you are throwing teddies and stamping up & down.

Grow a pair, every season, c14 clubs/chairman give it a good realistic go. Only 3 places. 

Most seasons, c2-6 clubs, bend/break spending rules, to get promoted. Ours was one of these.

The anti CC stuff is embarrassing.

Yes some people got a bit over the top but I think a lot of criticism of Chansiri is justified.
Yes we got to the play ofsf twice but this was done with a throwing money at it policy the club count afford (or at least broke the rules). 
If we were an established Premier League club now then Chansiri would rightly get praised so now the club is on the slide he has to accept he will get some stick.

Edited by matthefish2002

I suspect DC didn't understand what he was getting into. This is guesswork, but so is everything here. My guess is that he thought that with a significant amount of spend he could pretty well secure promotion. Whereas at the levels of spend he could inject, and possibly at any level of spend, all that could be done was give us a fighting chance. On the field we had two good main seasons when we got to the play offs and that was not something that should ever be taken for granted. 2017 was hugely disappointing but even so, having reached the play offs we were obviously odds against not odds on. 

Derby are in many ways quite a similar club to us, albeit with a far better stadium. They have been running close for years now with some seasons better than others. 

The gripes with DC are twofold. First, they that he seems to have bet the farm when I strongly suspect most of us would have preferred that the farm not be bet. And he assured us that the farm was not being bet: that the FFP risks were understood and covered. A lot of us wondered how credible that was, but that's a different point. He did make those statements and they turned out either to be knowingly false, or to be mistaken in ways that show an alarming inability to assess the real position. 

Secondly, as people are forever pointing out, management in the club seems entirely hollowed out both on the commercial side and on the footballing side. Even if he were more experienced and able the chairman couldn't remotely hope to do it all himself, and until he has the right support it seems we will be reliant on luck. 

I do wonder if actually he is game for the long haul - for the reality that we could do pretty well everything right for the next five years us and still not get promotion. 

In the very short run he can please me by removing this dreadful manager, whose tendency to hint that all this is the fault of two players not even playing is beyond pathetic. 

Guest Bulgaria
14 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

Dc spends millions, it doesn't pan out & is slaughtered. 

But he has put the immediate future of the club in serious peril though.

What's he expect.

5 hours ago, james o connor said:

Exactly , most feel like that . 40 mins into the Blackburn match I got up knowing I won’t return until chansiri has gone . I don’t see the point in getting behind a club who’s owner is useless and players are the most inept, gutless bunch ever to wear the shirt 

I bought nexts years season tickets thinking it was being loyal but feels like stupidity now - We are paying more than any other team we haven't made any major signings in years and we are still in this rubbish. It's awful business